LegacyGT.com

I would like to rally support and encouragement for our dear brother Matt !

f1anatic

I would like to rally support and encouragement for our dear brother Matt !

Matt Baucom (zzztech13 on most forums) is like all of us a Subaru enthusiast and a Subaru community member. He had a Legacy whom he took on the Summer 2008 cruise I organized around here.

I learned recently that Matt is undergoing cancer treatment with which he was diagnosed in November 2008, around the time of his disappearance off the forums.

Matt, in his own words:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76219&page=16

Yep, I was diagnosed w/ Burkitts Lymphoma back in November 2008. They didn't expect me to survive the first round of chemo because I had a big tumor wrapped all around my intestines. But I pulled through all that and now just waitin to get through the Stem-Cell part. I highly sugggest you all keep some savings for shit like this. This fight w/ cancer has cost me my life savings (so much for buyin a house) all my 401k and in another 2 months i'll probably be homeless and carless. It's a bitch. But, I'm damn happy to be here bitchin about it :^)

i am done w/ 2 of 6 chemo sessions. I'm still hangin in there. I got a month off of the chemo to recover, then i'll be going back to Mayo for a stem-cell transplant. The Dr's say, if the transplant doesn't kill me I should be good to go for 10 years or so.

A couple of us on LegacyGT.com took note of this and we decided that we would try and show our support and encouragement to Matt. In behalf of the group I privately contacted Matt to see if he’d be willing to come and meet us, at a location that is most convenient to him – perhaps in his home town and whether there is anything else we could do for him.

Matt was asking how come we have not organized a Snow Cruise yet and cannot wait to start attending meets again. So what I would like to ask from the Subaru community is that we all show our support and encouragement to Matt, by organizing a meet in his neighborhood of Port Washington, Wisconsin just north of Milwaukee. It is just 2 short hours away from down town Chicago and I am quite sure that we, as a community, can put aside our dysfunctional behaviors and spend a few hours on a week-end with Matt - instead of him attending a meet, we take the meet to him !

(And no worries, Matt will be asked to find for us the twistiest roads in Wisconsin, come time for the summer 2009 cruise).

Matt’s medical procedures left him pretty much broke. When his medical diagnosis came, he was only working part time and now he is unemployed. Thus, if any of you are willing and able to contribute financially, please donate some money by sending it directly via PAYPAL to zzztech13@yahoo.com Let’s help him thru this hard times pay some of those medical bills.

Dan aka f1anatic

Saturday 28th March 2009

CRUISE TO SHOW SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT to MATT

MODS, please sticky it and perhaps link it in the main forums.

Link to the NASIOC thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd
Just sent some cash. Not a lot, but if everyone gives a little it could make a big difference!

Here's a brief note from Matt.

Dan,

I just wanted to take a second to say thank you so much! Some people have already responded and started sending donations. You have no idea how much this helps with all of the expenses that come along with cancer treatment. I was literally moved to tears by what you've done. Every little bit adds up, so even the donations of $5-10 adds up and really helps!

You are truly a friend for life! Thank God for people like you.

Kind Regards,

Matt

Matt, we'll beat cancer together. Do not thank me, I am but a "tool" that facilitated the process; thank first and foremost the Subaru community. Best of everything ! And be around on the 28th of March; we'll pay you a visit.

if everyone even sent $5 or $10, that would seriously help. Cancer treatments and tests are so expensive and many of them are not covered under insurance. :(
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Saturday 28th March 2009

CRUISE TO SHOW SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT to MATT

Details to come. Depending on the estimated size of the group we may not go there as 1 convoy though that would be awesome.

man,...that's tough...

Who do we send the money to?

I can spare the cost of a plate lunch..

The first post explains everything - but in short, if you may spare money, you can send it by PAYPAL directly to him. There is no middle man; there is no fund; there is no "trust" issues. Matt gets the money directly.

Thank you for your support.

Sending positive vibes and some money too when I get my tax refund. I can still remember my mom saying how lucky we were that my father's healthcare plan was solid during my brother's battle with Lymphoma. HMOs can hit hard and quick. Not something one wants to deal with when fighting this disease.

I've sent some funds.

I've been off the forum for a while and I am trying to stay positive being out of work.

This thread reminds you that there are things a lot worst then being out of work or not being able to go on vacation this year.

Get well soon!!

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived