LegacyGT.com

2008 2.5i factory reflash!!!

Well I'm back. Fresh oil change and an ECU reflash taken care of. My car had the typical high idle and jumping idle issues we all have. Now, it idles at about 400-500 RPM. It never jumps up. Hell it even seems a slight bit smoother. In other words it is 100% worth it and this is coming from a guy who just spent 110 bucks on it. Hopefully I can claim some of that back from SOA.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I'm back. Fresh oil change and an ECU reflash taken care of. My car had the typical high idle and jumping idle issues we all have. Now, it idles at about 400-500 RPM. It never jumps up. Hell it even seems a slight bit smoother. In other words it is 100% worth it and this is coming from a guy who just spent 110 bucks on it. Hopefully I can claim some of that back from SOA.

Why did you pay for a warranty repair ? You may need to contact SOA about that my friend mine was $94 but considered a warranty issue and was done at no charge but doesnt your car run much better than before makes you smile right ? :lol:

:orly:

No prob i understand I mean that price is worth the results for damn sure glad to hear I helped someone fix a problem YAY:lol::rolleyes:

Sorry I thought people would assume something was up and notice that I'm Canadian and my car isn't. It does run a whole heck of a lot better now though. Once my dad gets back I'll have to get him to try it versus his almost identical outback.

I've got this weird thing with my car thats been going on for quite some time. When I shift into neutral coasting to a stoplight, the RPMs drop really low(300-500) for a second then come back up to about about 900 or so. Its low enough to cause the car to shudder for a second. This also happens at neutral when I rev the engine, the RPMs drop really low then rise a bit and hold steady. I'm wondering if a reflash from the dealer could solve this?? I'm stumped, nobody knows what is causing it.

I've got this weird thing with my car thats been going on for quite some time. When I shift into neutral coasting to a stoplight, the RPMs drop really low(300-500) for a second then come back up to about about 900 or so. Its low enough to cause the car to shudder for a second. This also happens at neutral when I rev the engine, the RPMs drop really low then rise a bit and hold steady. I'm wondering if a reflash from the dealer could solve this?? I'm stumped, nobody knows what is causing it.

EXACTLY what my car was doing it would drop so low I thought it might stall you sound ripe for this reflash my brotha :eek::rolleyes::lol::orly:

I just got back on and my car did not exhibit the issue at all, but it is not a 5MT.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Why did you pay for a warranty repair ? You may need to contact SOA about that my friend mine was $94 but considered a warranty issue and was done at no charge but doesnt your car run much better than before makes you smile right ? :lol:

He is from Canada where their federal Emissions laws/warranty is different that the US. So it may not be a covered repair up there.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Exact same problem for me, 09 2.5i MT.

I've only noticed it when I have the clutch depressed.

Actually all reflashes are 8/80k covered;)

The reflash only addresses a certain issue for that car i.e stumbling, surging, etc. If you have an 06, chances are there may not be one available for that vehicle.

Why do you say this?

Just curious because I just made an appointment with Casey Subaru to get the ECU reflashed. I talked to the Service Dept., also mentioned I had an '06. They gave me an estimate on it, so I'm assuming I have the green light...right?? :lol:

Exact same problem for me, 09 2.5i MT.

I've only noticed it when I have the clutch depressed.

Yea same here, if I depress the clutch half-way to the floor and rev the engine to about 1K RPMs, it holds at 1K for a few seconds, drops really low, car shudders, then returns to about 600-700.

I'm going to have them run a diagnostic on it first just to make sure the ECU would actually benefit from the reflash...i hope it solves this problem.

Then again, maybe it has something to do with the clutch. That wouldn't explain why the rpms dip like that when I'm in neutral though...I have no clue.

I'm going to have them run a diagnostic on it first just to make sure the ECU would actually benefit from the reflash...i hope it solves this problem.

Then again, maybe it has something to do with the clutch. That wouldn't explain why the rpms dip like that when I'm in neutral though...I have no clue.

same thing my car did and it was brand new (2 miles on the odo) I'd say youre ripe for the reflash

Why do you say this?

Just curious because I just made an appointment with Casey Subaru to get the ECU reflashed. I talked to the Service Dept., also mentioned I had an '06. They gave me an estimate on it, so I'm assuming I have the green light...right?? :lol:

Re-flashes address certain issues. There may not be a re-flash out for every year vehicle being that vehicle might already have a current flash already loaded into the ECU. Not saying that's the case, but it could be possible.

He is from Canada where their federal Emissions laws/warranty is different that the US. So it may not be a covered repair up there.

Close, but it's actually because my car is an imported American car. I do know a guy who paid something like 400-500 bucks for the same sorta dealio on his impreza. I'm thinking he got ripped off. Supposedly they charged him for a reflash as well as a software upgrade.

Close, but it's actually because my car is an imported American car. I do know a guy who paid something like 400-500 bucks for the same sorta dealio on his impreza. I'm thinking he got ripped off. Supposedly they charged him for a reflash as well as a software upgrade.

If it is an American car, then if I recall it is the same being SOA and SOC have reciprocal agreements on the warranty.

Re-flashes address certain issues. There may not be a re-flash out for every year vehicle being that vehicle might already have a current flash already loaded into the ECU. Not saying that's the case, but it could be possible.

Hmm ok, I should have asked them if a reflash was available for the '06...well I already have my appointment, so if they can't do a reflash, I'll bring up the possibility of the problem involving clutch, but I hope thats not the case. I did learn the 5MT on this car, but it wasn't brand-spanking new when I bought it.

Hmm ok, I should have asked them if a reflash was available for the '06...well I already have my appointment, so if they can't do a reflash, I'll bring up the possibility of the problem involving clutch, but I hope thats not the case. I did learn the 5MT on this car, but it wasn't brand-spanking new when I bought it.

Most of the time they will not know if there is one to address an issue until they hook up the SSM 3 and check the current program on the car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Ok I just called the dealer here in Manchester, CT and asked if they have the stuff to reflash my ECU and they said they don't and SOA hasnt released anything re this... Is anyone near me that knows of a dealer that CAN do this? THanks!

Ok I just called the dealer here in Manchester, CT and asked if they have the stuff to reflash my ECU and they said they don't and SOA hasnt released anything re this... Is anyone near me that knows of a dealer that CAN do this? THanks!

That dealer is lazy find another dealer on the subaru site

they should be happy to do it and you have the same car as I :mad:

Most of the time they will not know if there is one to address an issue until they hook up the SSM 3 and check the current program on the car.

I've just got a call from the dealership where i bought the car from, apparently SOA recently announced a recall for 2005 Legacy 2.5i. Although i'm unsure if it also includes GT or newer gens.

Recall includes reflashing ECU... anybody else heard this from their dealers? Sorry for my ignorance if it's already been mentioned in this thread :rolleyes:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Archived