LegacyGT.com

2008 2.5i factory reflash!!!

I've just got a call from the dealership where i bought the car from, apparently SOA recently announced a recall for 2005 Legacy 2.5i. Although i'm unsure if it also includes GT or newer gens.

Recall includes reflashing ECU... anybody else heard this from their dealers? Sorry for my ignorance if it's already been mentioned in this thread :rolleyes:

This one for the 2005 PZEV models only?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114455

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my CEL had been flashing for a month or 2, before the release of this recall.

Code said it's failure of cat or o2 sensor. So the problem can actually be prevented if this recall had been out sooner. The dealer said if it's the cat failure it will be covered under warranty, but if it's o2 sensor the replacement will not be covered. Hopefully this recall is announced they won't be charging me anything... Thanks for the link!

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

What recall are you talking about?

The new one that came out for the PZEV models I posted regards reprogramming the ECM to manage the catalytic converter temps and nothing more.

Are you talking about the procedure that has to be done in diagnosing a p0420 code? Now if it also has a failed af sensor, then the sensor is not covered unless it is within warranty as well.

If the converter fails, then it can be covered. However, that has nothing to do with the new recall.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

isn't the new recall that is a prevention procedure for the P0420 code "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold"?

It is designed to help prevent the catalytic converter from developing high internal temps due to certain driving conditions on 2005 PZEV models only which can deteriorate the converter. This only addresses those vehicles only and not any other ones.

That is not to be confused with "I have a CEL, there is a recall for that", when you do not have a 05 PZEV model.

Oh see my profile... 05 Legacy 2.5i PZEV in California :rolleyes:

Maybe you could have easily said, I have an 05 PZEV when I commented and asked my question a few posts back about what car. :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha ha.

Does anyone know if this applies to 05 2.5i legacy?

Does what apply? The new recall? No unless you have a PZEV.

Again, since you may not have read, or just didn't see this.

Most of the time they will not know if there is one to address an issue until they hook up the SSM 3 and check the current program on the car.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I read through the whole thread and no one has brought this up, so maybe its unique or I'm imagining things.

I have an '09 2.5i 5MT with about 4K on it, and its exhibiting the same symptoms that everyone else has mentioned. When you're crusing at 2500 rpms or so and engage the clutch, the rpms drop to 200-300, the car shudders for a moment, and then comes back up to 800 or 900. So it sounds like it would benefit from the re-flash.

I've also noticed something weird. I do about 50/50 highway/city driving, and the average MPG on the display, while it used to be around 25, is now at 18.6. I never really pay attention to the constant MPG display while I'm driving as its up and down so much, but now that I've noticed that the average is so dismal, I started to eyeball it in different situations. Under acceleration, it dips down to between 3 and 5 mpgs. While cruising and under a steady light load (like on the highway) it seems to be fine, around 25-30 mpgs, but then when you engage the clutch while cruising and shift into neutral, it starts to drop. It doesn't just blank out, it slowly ticks down from 25-30 to like 12 before blanking out.

I'm not sure if these issues are related. What do you guys think? Would the fuel management issue (that is supposedly corrected by the re-flash) be causing such a drop in fuel mileage, or is the fuel mileage calculator defective? Or is this normal? At any rate, its going back to the dealership to get looked at, but I just thought I'd see if anyone else has seen anything like this.

I haven't had this issue at all lately :confused:

The last time I disconnected the battery, I must have alleviated the dive-bombing RPM issue. I did install the Spectre intake at the same time, but I can't be certain that it has improved the situation.

Hey guys,

I read through the whole thread and no one has brought this up, so maybe its unique or I'm imagining things.

I have an '09 2.5i 5MT with about 4K on it, and its exhibiting the same symptoms that everyone else has mentioned. When you're crusing at 2500 rpms or so and engage the clutch, the rpms drop to 200-300, the car shudders for a moment, and then comes back up to 800 or 900. So it sounds like it would benefit from the re-flash.

I've also noticed something weird. I do about 50/50 highway/city driving, and the average MPG on the display, while it used to be around 25, is now at 18.6. I never really pay attention to the constant MPG display while I'm driving as its up and down so much, but now that I've noticed that the average is so dismal, I started to eyeball it in different situations. Under acceleration, it dips down to between 3 and 5 mpgs. While cruising and under a steady light load (like on the highway) it seems to be fine, around 25-30 mpgs, but then when you engage the clutch while cruising and shift into neutral, it starts to drop. It doesn't just blank out, it slowly ticks down from 25-30 to like 12 before blanking out.

I'm not sure if these issues are related. What do you guys think? Would the fuel management issue (that is supposedly corrected by the re-flash) be causing such a drop in fuel mileage, or is the fuel mileage calculator defective? Or is this normal? At any rate, its going back to the dealership to get looked at, but I just thought I'd see if anyone else has seen anything like this.

The reflash wont solve normal operation :lol: there is nothing wrong with you fuel management my car is a 08 2.5i 5MT and it wont go completely blank when the clutch is engaged every time either and under load it dips low like 7mpg never down to 3-5 mpg how many miles do you have on your car? how is your maintenance ? Also do rely on the in dash read out it isn't as accurate as you may think.

I know its not the most accurate thing in the world, but it seems like (according to the display) the mileage used to be right around 23-27, and now it barely cracks 20. Its only got about 3900 miles on it right now. I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this, and if people thought the erratic idle might be related to the higher fuel consumption.

Archived