LegacyGT.com

2008 2.5i factory reflash!!!

My 2.5i has no problems with erratic idling... (knock on wood)

Do you think the reflash has any other positive side effects other than fixing those issues? Would it be good for power, or anything?

The reflash from what I was told corrects MAF table value relates....It corrects what the MAF is actually reading versus what the stored values that are in the MAF table on the ECU which tell your car to lean out the mixture ( low throttle or make it rich under wide open throttle. It also fixes a neutral switch issue that CAN occur the Tech said that they had two early last week with that issue of which the reflash and some adjustment cured. I only have ever ran SHell V power 93 in my 2.5i and after the reflash i feel as if my car is better when starting from a stop, and thru the low range power seem slightly better I think the reflash may have shifter the power band left.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cool:

Let me know how it turns out...if it works well and sounds/performs good, i just may do the same...

yeah I got the manifold today ima gonna fit it up Sat then ill take it to the shop to get the mufflers and Cat and res put in.

Hey,

So this reflash is also for other years on the 2.5i. I have a 06 which seems to have a few of these traits. Also, which warranty do you have to be under the 36k or 60k??

Thanks fellas,

Bitz

Actually all reflashes are 8/80k covered;)

The reflash only addresses a certain issue for that car i.e stumbling, surging, etc. If you have an 06, chances are there may not be one available for that vehicle.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Actually all reflashes are 8/80k covered;)

Is this true fang? Does that mean I can take my car to any subie dealer and be able to have it reflashed for free? Or do I have to take it to the dealer I originally bought it from? Cuz when I called they made sure to tell me a price for the service.

Is this true fang? Does that mean I can take my car to any subie dealer and be able to have it reflashed for free? Or do I have to take it to the dealer I originally bought it from? Cuz when I called they made sure to tell me a price for the service.

No I just made it up:lol:

If there is a legitimate complaint on your vehicle and a reflash is what will fix it, it is covered for 8 years 80,000 miles. Most dealerships do not know this because the P&P manual talks about converters and ECU's only in the 8/80k. However, I have spoken to SOA on that and they confirmed reflashes are also covered(even if it is for a cruise control issue) because you are modifying the ECU/PCM.

Disclaimer**Now don't go on in there wanting a reflash without a problem and expect it to be free. Warranty covers repairs to defective components. If you want the latest and greatest reflash and you do not have a known, duplicated and documented issue, SOA will not pay for it.**

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

not really on the subject of reflashing but can the 2.5i N/A motors be open source tuned?

I don't know if they can or not. A tuner would be better at answering that.

If I don't know it, I won't bs or come up with some answer.

Disclaimer**Now don't go on in there wanting a reflash without a problem and expect it to be free. Warranty covers repairs to defective components. If you want the latest and greatest reflash and you do not have a known, duplicated and documented issue, SOA will not pay for it.**

Oh but I do I do I dooooo have a problem! I really have noticed my rpms just hanging there at like 2k when I put it in neutral and I'm always wondering whats going on. The people at the dealership definitely know there is an issue since there is a reflash to fix that exact problem. I'll go in there and just see what happens, if I gotta pay I gotta pay. But first I gotta get my engine back in, that might help.

As to the question of open source tuning, I know there are people who claim they can tune anything without really knowing what theyre messing with. Personally, I'd wait till a company like Rallitek makes an accessport for the 2.5i's.

But if it never comes out, I may not have a choice but to find a really good subie tuner who knows what hes doing. I wouldnt trust just anybody with a 2.5 N/A Boxer engine. Theyre all used to working with the turbo models.

If you have a legitimate issue, that is one thing. But going in and wanting a reflash for free just for the sake of wanting it won't fly.

Damnit haha... by the time I experience issues I'll probably have to pay for it... if it happens. Lame, subaru!!

I feel like I just bought a computer game where I have to pay for subsequent patches... granted that the patches are to fix problems I don't have yet.

I wouldn't call it lame. Subaru has one of the best warranty on their cars. I know most Subaru owners would be unhappy if their warranty was like most other manufacturers where their wear items are only covered for 12 months or 12k, no alignment adjustments or balancing covered and their reflashes covered for 3/36k. I guess the grass appears only to be greener on the other side.

BTW, Nice shot of Aria is your avatar.

^^ If they re-flash my ecu I'll be very happy bout the warranty cuz currently I'm out of almost everything they cover since I'm at 74k haha.

But fang you've never noticed this problem? I mean, I have to wait before I shift into gear sometimes because mine will just surge up to 2,000 rpms without notice, usually after I take my foot off the gas though, like if I was in 4th gear just rollin along and decided to take it out of gear, it would go down, then surge back up for a couple seconds then go back down. It's definitely something I notice, I guess I just never thought to ask if there was a fix for it. It's probably more of an issue for MT's.

Nahh, definitely not. This happens when I have no foot on the clutch and it is out of gear. The rpms will just sort of stick at 2k for about 2 or 3 seconds immediately after getting out of gear. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough times for me to notice it.

^^ If they re-flash my ecu I'll be very happy bout the warranty cuz currently I'm out of almost everything they cover since I'm at 74k haha.

But fang you've never noticed this problem? I mean, I have to wait before I shift into gear sometimes because mine will just surge up to 2,000 rpms without notice, usually after I take my foot off the gas though, like if I was in 4th gear just rollin along and decided to take it out of gear, it would go down, then surge back up for a couple seconds then go back down. It's definitely something I notice, I guess I just never thought to ask if there was a fix for it. It's probably more of an issue for MT's.

I don't have a MT, and so far haven't any customers with them bring up that concern.

^ i woudl think that's more of the clutch than the ecu

Katalyst NO you've said that twice and two times you are wrong I explained this issue to start and it ISNT a CLUTCH issue because this only happens when you push in the clutch. We are all referring to an issue that occurs at low speed ( parking lot parking or if you take you car out of gear while rolling to a stop the rpms wil surge level off btwn 2000 and 3000 then drop so low it seems it will stall) We all would know a bad clutch when it goes and it will :lol: . Also (to the rest of the people with this issue) another good indicator of this problem is say you are accelerating hard ( on ramp to the highway) as you shift your rpms hold high or higher than when you pushed the clutch once I told the subaru guy that he knew exactly what is was

My '97 shoots way up when I push the clutch in also. Does anybody know if the reflash is avaible for the 2nd gen leggys?

Thanks!

You def dont have a bad clutch sounds similar I am not sure about the reflash for 2nd gen but you could always have them look into it and if there isnt they maybe able to tune it manually to fix the issue

That's true. I didn't really think about what other dealerships offer, I was just complaining. So far I'm very happy with subaru's services.

Thanks =) I like Aria. Wish she did more stuff sometimes.

Are there other issues the reflash is supposed to cover? I have no problems with idle, but I have this mysterious symptom where when I hit the clutch in 3rd gear, the RPMs kinda hang for a little while... but I'm not sure I would call it a problem.

I wouldn't call it lame. Subaru has one of the best warranty on their cars. I know most Subaru owners would be unhappy if their warranty was like most other manufacturers where their wear items are only covered for 12 months or 12k, no alignment adjustments or balancing covered and their reflashes covered for 3/36k. I guess the grass appears only to be greener on the other side.

BTW, Nice shot of Aria is your avatar.

That's true. I didn't really think about what other dealerships offer, I was just complaining. So far I'm very happy with subaru's services.

Thanks =) I like Aria. Wish she did more stuff sometimes.

Are there other issues the reflash is supposed to cover? I have no problems with idle, but I have this mysterious symptom where when I hit the clutch in 3rd gear, the RPMs kinda hang for a little while... but I'm not sure I would call it a problem.

The reflash solved this issue in my 08 Legacy and I was told it corrected MAF table value relations btwn the DBW unit the MAF and the ECU

Does this take a while to have done? Could I do it on my lunch break, or would I have to make some time for it?

Took them 20 mins just get my car hooked up to life support :lol: then another 20 mins to check over the diagnostics, then about 30 to tune it and run it on the dyno they had to confirm the problem was resolved. I got to the dealer Tue morning at 7:15 am was out by 9am :rolleyes:

Archived