LegacyGT.com

2008 2.5i factory reflash!!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its interesting as my 3.0 does this when you lift off the gas and press the clutch pedal

that would make sense as the guy said that only N/A subbies suffer I wanted to get this done before my exhaust cause it would make me look and sound dumb if my car was revving while going thru the Starbucks drive thru to get a iced coffee:lol:

Mine's booked for Thursday. Should be interesting to see how the Canadian dealer deals with my American import. Also, should be interesting to see how it affects the car. Too bad I'm going out of town for a couple days for work and I won't get to do this until I'm back.

You def dont have a bad clutch sounds similar I am not sure about the reflash for 2nd gen but you could always have them look into it and if there isnt they maybe able to tune it manually to fix the issue

icic. i am corrected then :redface:

well i went in to get my alignment and asked about the reflash because my car was having these issues. first they wouldn't do my alignment because my car was on springs and they said there is no reflash and that the symtoms are normal! WTF. this is definately the last time i go to this dealership.

well i went in to get my alignment and asked about the reflash because my car was having these issues. first they wouldn't do my alignment because my car was on springs and they said there is no reflash and that the symtoms are normal! WTF. this is definately the last time i go to this dealership.

WOW so need to go to another dealer or contact SOA about this issue that dealerships techs are mistaken and they shouldnt have refused you for the springs that gets a WTF :eek:

A dealership can refuse service to a customer. If the car is lowered, they by right do not have to align the vehicle and can refuse to do so being it "can" be a liability. All SOA has to hear that the car is lowered and they will side with the dealership.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

A dealership can refuse service to a customer. If the car is lowered, they by right do not have to align the vehicle and can refuse to do so being it "can" be a liability. All SOA has to hear that the car is lowered and they will side with the dealership.

Eff SOA!!!! Haha dealerships are sooo lame everytime ive been (twice once for reflash two for dead key ) they asked me all these mod question like have you touched this or programmed that or put a turbo kit on it Im like dude I bought this baby with 2 miles on it straight from Indian Subbie plant. I feel the dealer will find any reason to say no so they can turn around and shaft you for $$$$ oil changes, tires, you name it they want it doen there when it can be done other places as well. But somethings I will only let Subbie do reflash is one.

Eff SOA!!!! Haha dealerships are sooo lame everytime ive been (twice once for reflash two for dead key ) they asked me all these mod question like have you touched this or programmed that or put a turbo kit on it Im like dude I bought this baby with 2 miles on it straight from Indian Subbie plant. I feel the dealer will find any reason to say no so they can turn around and shaft you for $$$$ oil changes, tires, you name it they want it doen there when it can be done other places as well. But somethings I will only let Subbie do reflash is one.

It is not SOA. It is a normal business practice that many businesses do. You have to understand a dealership is a business. If people modify their cars and lower them and say there is an issue with doing alignments, or if the car was lowered and damaged on the alignment rack because of it, the dealer losses money to fix the issue. So why put yourself in that position to start with?

They just do not want to lose money and rightfully so have that right to protect their interest and denying service. If I knew one of our racks would damage a lowered car, I'd rather the customer be unhappy I said no, than my Boss mad at me because we have to pay to replace something on the car, PLUS the customer mad because we broke something. Then the very first thing that goes in their mind is we suck and LGT reads about it.

If you owned a business and a particular customer has something that if you do a specific type of job will cause you to lose money, would you want to service it, and risk losing money?

One of the reason they ask is if they are diagnosing something, they want to know the FULL story on the car. I know I ask for every mod because in the past we have chased electrical and performance issues only to find out the customer left some important details out and it pisses myself and the technicians off when we could have had that info and they would have looked elsewhere first despite what the diagnostic flow chart says.

Parts can be expensive especially tires. I don't recommend my customers to buy tires from us unless they want to. Dealerships are not in the tires business, nor are they direct distributors, so it cost a lot more.

Not all dealers are the same way. I will put any part on your car that you bring me. You will pay for us to do it because your either too busy, or can't. If it is aftermarket you do not get a parts warranty from us. I will have my technicians attempt to align any vehicle to factory specs on any lowered cars if it can drive up on our rack. So far we haven't had any issues. You can bring me your oil, Uncle Scotty mix, tires, etc and we will install it.

I know the other dealer in Richmond, Va will not. You must use their oil, their parts, their tires, etc and they will not use your aftermarket parts. I plan on being this way until a customer gives me a reason not to be.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Just dropped my car off at the dealer to have them look at the ecu. Once I told them the symptoms they almost immediately agreed that the ecu is probably off. No interrogations or anything. They didnt even know I was coming.

It is not SOA. It is a normal business practice that many businesses do. You have to understand a dealership is a business. If people modify their cars and lower them and say there is an issue with doing alignments, or if the car was lowered and damaged on the alignment rack because of it, the dealer losses money to fix the issue. So why put yourself in that position to start with?

They just do not want to lose money and rightfully so have that right to protect their interest and denying service. If I knew one of our racks would damage a lowered car, I'd rather the customer be unhappy I said no, than my Boss mad at me because we have to pay to replace something on the car, PLUS the customer mad because we broke something. Then the very first thing that goes in their mind is we suck and LGT reads about it.

If you owned a business and a particular customer has something that if you do a specific type of job will cause you to lose money, would you want to service it, and risk losing money?

One of the reason they ask is if they are diagnosing something, they want to know the FULL story on the car. I know I ask for every mod because in the past we have chased electrical and performance issues only to find out the customer left some important details out and it pisses myself and the technicians off when we could have had that info and they would have looked elsewhere first despite what the diagnostic flow chart says.

Parts can be expensive especially tires. I don't recommend my customers to buy tires from us unless they want to. Dealerships are not in the tires business, nor are they direct distributors, so it cost a lot more.

Not all dealers are the same way. I will put any part on your car that you bring me. You will pay for us to do it because your either too busy, or can't. If it is aftermarket you do not get a parts warranty from us. I will have my technicians attempt to align any vehicle to factory specs on any lowered cars if it can drive up on our rack. So far we haven't had any issues. You can bring me your oil, Uncle Scotty mix, tires, etc and we will install it.

I know the other dealer in Richmond, Va will not. You must use their oil, their parts, their tires, etc and they will not use your aftermarket parts. I plan on being this way until a customer gives me a reason not to be.

Dude save it :eek::rolleyes::lol: we dont care ;) Sike nah we do care and thanks for installing a STS or TBE for some busy owner

Just dropped my car off at the dealer to have them look at the ecu. Once I told them the symptoms they almost immediately agreed that the ecu is probably off. No interrogations or anything. They didnt even know I was coming.

Nice

Dude save it :eek::rolleyes::lol: we dont care ;) Sike nah we do care and thanks for installing a STS or TBE for some busy owner

I don't care if you do or not or if you are just "sike":rolleyes::lol:. I am not here for that, nor seek any benefit from it. The point is many are oblivious to the business side of things and why they are, but just want things to go their way, when it is not always a cup of tea.

this is reasonable and i agree, we don't need to be complaining to SOA about trivial stuff like this

this is reasonable and i agree, we don't need to be complaining to SOA about trivial stuff like this

Aww did i hurt your dealership feelings fang? Im sorry if so but you ask the guy that has AM suspension to understand why they cant align is car and see what response you get? Calm down nobodies coming at you wrong for being trained by SOA

Aww did i hurt your dealership feelings fang? Im sorry if so but you ask the guy that has AM suspension to understand why they cant align is car and see what response you get? Calm down nobodies coming at you wrong for being trained by SOA

Hurt my feelings? Not even close.

Exactly. You try and shed light on the subject to try educate people on how things work and that is what you get. Kind of make you glad you bothered to help. Next time, I'll turn the eye next time you have a question. That way you are spared;):lol:

As for being trained by SOA, please stop the ignorance. I am sure you can take my spot and post up dealership operations/ Subaru's way of things when the need arises big guy:lol:

Next time quote the right person.

i don't know if MT/AT will make a difference, but just curious what you guys idle at in park/neutral?

I will check and when I come back(I have Drill for the Reserves through Sunday) I'll post up.

Interesting question firepyro...

I recently noticed that when I first start my car up in the morning (not quite spring in the northeast, so it's a little cold) it idles at 1500. Then slowly as the car warms up, the idle goes down to 1000 slowly. I was really curious, is this how the engine is designed? To help warm up the car up?

btw I have a 08 2.5i 5MT.

^ that's pretty normal, almost all cars these days will idle slightly higher at initial start up. i believe at initial start up it burns richer to overcome the higher oil viscosity at low temps to prevent stalling.

edit: my 2.5i also idles around 1300 then slowly drops to normal idle range of 700/800 after 2 minutes in below 30F weather

^ that's pretty normal, almost all cars these days will idle slightly higher at initial start up. i believe at initial start up it burns richer to overcome the higher oil viscosity at low temps to prevent stalling.

edit: my 2.5i also idles around 1300 then slowly drops to normal idle range of 700/800 after 2 minutes in below 30F weather

Yeah thats normal I have a 08 2.5i 5MT same thing when it is cold but every car does that so I wouldnt be concerned about that but if you have the issues we have with erratic idle and such then you may want to get it looked at

Interesting. Mine jumps up at the to around 1300-1500 rpm when i start the car. After i drive for a little while, when i come to a stop, if i put it in park, it hovers at 1000 rpm, then drops to around 500 rpm, then maybe 45 seconds later, it will pop back up to 1000 rpm.

Anyone seen this before?

Archived