LegacyGT.com

MA group tint and possible meet

mrjk77

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah no problem snow. i'm immediately before you anyway. i think 40% on our cars (OBP) would look extremely different than say 45% or even 50% on, say, SWP.

what i'm trying to say is 40% on OBP isn't going to look that dark since there's really no contrast.

45-50% on SWP is the extreme in contrast, so the tint would look darker than it appears.

i have scientific proof for my argument, if you don't believe me. just PM me. :p

haha, lateral inhibition of the photoreceptors IIRC?........i should, i'm in the field :redface::redface: but i do'nt remember half of that stuff haha

ok for all you non-believers, i made the following picture for your viewing pleasure.

:)

hmmm... i smell a wager coming on...

I bet you the tint looks darker on the Black car than the white car...

My theory and have seen it, the black car has a darker interior which will make the tint seem darker.... (assuming the color schemes are all the same throughout the years.. IE SWP doesn't come with black interior)

:hide:

hmmm... i smell a wager coming on...

I bet you the tint looks darker on the Black car than the white car...

My theory and have seen it, the black car has a darker interior which will make the tint seem darker.... (assuming the color schemes are all the same throughout the years.. IE SWP doesn't come with black interior)

:hide:

lol you are correct katalyst. i studied some of that stuff back in the day. rods and cones. well no matter.

but according to wngan here, the black (aka obp) car has a darker interior. WRONG. my interior is TAUPE. :p

back in 2005, you could get the interior in TWO colors. today, we have no choice in the interior color scheme. changing times, less choices. :spin:

:woowoo:

see y'all tomorrow. with my 40% dammit.

Damn, I think I'm the only one with a light interior in the group. I've heard that tint looks lighter with lighter interiors. I was leaning towards 45% but I my have to drop it down to 40% if this is the case. Has anyone seen a Legacy with tan leather tinted? Thoughts?

I'm sure it will look good with whatever you do, anyways though considering I'm going first... It is time to get some sleep. My boss told me today that he had to change my day off so I won't be able to stay very long after my tint finishes maybe till about 11:00 or so. See some of you tomorrow.

Ok, I just realized that SS left me a message on my cell and it was kind of cryptic. She said something about 4 people at 10am but we deff talked about 8 cars total throughout the day. I'm not sure what she was talking about...I hope they are still good with all of us showing up tomorrow.

I DEFF discussed having all of us come in one day with them SEVERAL times...I'm not going to be happy if they say this isn't the case. Whatever...if they can't take all of us someone can take my spot and I'll just go next weekend.

Fingers crossed

I'll give everyone a call if anything comes up. Hopefully I'll see everyone tomorrow!

uhhhh. yeah i hope so too. give me a call in the morning if you find out something? i guess i'm 4th on the list anyway? -_-

if they F it up, tell them $125!!!!

also, me and snow both have taupe interiors, so i'm not sure what you're talking about. :p

Ok, I just realized that SS left me a message on my cell and it was kind of cryptic. She said something about 4 people at 10am but we deff talked about 8 cars total throughout the day. I'm not sure what she was talking about...I hope they are still good with all of us showing up tomorrow.

I DEFF discussed having all of us come in one day with them SEVERAL times...I'm not going to be happy if they say this isn't the case. Whatever...if they can't take all of us someone can take my spot and I'll just go next weekend.

Fingers crossed

I'll give everyone a call if anything comes up. Hopefully I'll see everyone tomorrow!

Yeah... i'll check the forums tomorrow for any updates before I head out... can you call them and find out the details? I dont feel like showing up and having to be turned down.

I wouldn't worry if you are in the top 5 since she said something about 9am and the 4 others. Honestly, I'm not too worried...these people seem pretty flexable and easy going.

I'll call everyone if something comes up.

im up too and no call from the pikers.

i'll be working from home, until i have to go. was planning on heading up around 11:30 (takes me about 20-30 min too depending on how i go).

like i said before i'm not going to wash my car and you all are gonna like it. :p didn't someone say before that they wash all the windows anyway before the tint. and it just ends up running down the door panels? maybe i'm making up stuff....need.....more....coffee....

I wouldn't worry if you are in the top 5 since she said something about 9am and the 4 others. Honestly, I'm not too worried...these people seem pretty flexable and easy going.

I'll call everyone if something comes up.

so does this mean i should plan on going for my 3:00pm slot?

Archived