LegacyGT.com

MA group tint and possible meet

mrjk77

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, alright I'll give this guy a call tomorrow.

Ryouske, if we find out on Monday that this guy can do the 21st, would that give you enough time to get the day off?

Theres never enough time in advanced :lol: I will certainly try and get the day off though, it really just depends on the manning at my job.

no problem snow :) i hope you had a good trip to nyc.

uhhhh, i don't think we need to wash, but i could be wrong. they should clean the windows anyway? i might run the car through a wash before just to get clean car pics. lol.

You shouldn't have to do anything to you car...but a was may be nice :-) I believe cleaning the windows is part of the prepping process THEY do at the shop. I guess it wouldn't hurt if you wanted to wash them before you came.

I agree with pikers.. but I may just clean the outside while I'm at it if the weather holds :)

pikers, can you ask him if he does tints/films for headlights and tail lights too? I'm interested in the very slightest of tint, but more for protection of the headlights/tail lights.

when we come in there, do you think they have examples of different tint percentages? I'm trying to decide between 40% and 45%

I'm with you on this. I've been searching around for examples of 40% and 45%. I don't want to go nuts with this stuff, I just want to darken things up a bit. I REALLY hope they have some examples. If not, we may have to see if there are any brave souls that want to go first and they can be our baseline.

um. what about another $20 off since now we have 8? :):D

just say it's $160 because there WERE three of us. but now, what can he/they do since we have 8!

I was thinking the same thing. If all 8 of us actually go for this we may have to break this up into two days. I'm assuming it takes at least an hour to tint a car and I'm not sure there's really a place for us to hang out while they do their thing.

I'm with you on this. I've been searching around for examples of 40% and 45%. I don't want to go nuts with this stuff, I just want to darken things up a bit. I REALLY hope they have some examples. If not, we may have to see if there are any brave souls that want to go first and they can be our baseline.

maybe they'll have a binder like these guys:

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/16170_vehicle-tint-samples.htm

also, i'll be willing to go first. i definitely want 40%.

solar solutions do not do tints on lights or tails.

my friend tried to get him to install some. but didnt work out.

theres no need to clean the car either. cuz they're gona spray on "water + soap" on the windows and its gona run all over the door panels

Damn.. no tints on the lights or tails.. boo.

Well if there's a place to get food we can mull around the bar. Too bad it wasn't big enough for us to hang out and order pizza :)

I'd be in for guinea pig in the beginning.. I'm going to shoot for the darkest I can get.. so give or take 40% for me as well. I have someone visiting town, so I shouldn't lounge around all day hehe.

yeah bedford center (?) is just up the road, maybe 5 minutes. there's a bunch of fast food joints there and probably more restaurant-y type places. yeah as much as i'd like to lounge all day, i'd probably should get back at some reasonable time for the wife. :p

Alright, so here's the deal. I got them down to $150 because there's 8 of us in the group. They said they COULD do all of us in one day, but that may be be pushing it. I don't want to sacrifice quality due to the quantity of cars. Would you guys be game for splitting up into two groups? They also said they could do the 21st, 28th, or both if we split up so let me know what would be your preferred date.

Also, I need your name, number and the date you would prefer. Please only send me your info if you are 100% dedicated to going. Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

bruno at solar solutions always does a cracking job.

i've been there twice for both my old cars.

also brought multiple friends up there.

they took a pic of my LGT, not sure if its on their website thou.

but i've seen pics of some lambos and ferraris on their laptop.

btw. they have a small lounge area inside the shop. pretty chill

Solar soultions is the way to go. And you even get a discount for being a subaru owner. Tinted my 08' 3.0r black on black. But be careful on how dark you go, if you do know allready MA is cutting down on amount of light that can pass. Inspections stations are getting realy strict. I would go 35% unless you know someone ;);)

rao741

Hi all,

Right now, I only have confirmation and contact info from 3 people (excluding myself). Please send me your info (just name and phone#) by 2pm tomorrow as I told SS that I would confirm by EOD tomorrow.

For those of you who would like to tint but do not/cannot make the dead line, please contact me as we may be breaking this up into two Saturdays (2/21 & 2/28) which means you may be able to make the later date.

Thanks!

1. pikers

2. mrjk77

3. snow05gtRI

4. JaeGT

5. MDork (08 Turbo X - wagon)

6. rice_rocket

7. Wngan9447

8. Ryouske (tentative, can’t do Saturday)

i think this was the final list.

also. places to eat if people have time:

friendly's

papa ginos

mc'ds

great wall restaurant

...all on rte 225/4, straight from [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=restaurants&sll=42.484314,-71.26153&sspn=0.031395,0.073128&ie=UTF8&ll=42.484821,-71.264534&spn=0.015698,0.036564&z=15]google maps[/ame]

Archived