LegacyGT.com

Any 2.5i's With Aftermarket Clutch/Flywheel?

doing a little research as far as the flywheel/clutch kit goes:

http://www.racinglab.com/exedy-clutch-s1-115.html

http://www.racinglab.com/exedy-flywheel-ff02.html

Does this look like a reasonable price? Frost, where did ya pick yours up at?

That's usually the price they go for is in the mid 400's. But I got mine at a rediculous price. On sale at some online store it was $299 shipped. I couldn't find that again, but I found another site for you thats got it for $360

http://race-mart.storesecured.com/items/products/exedy-racing-clutch/EXEFF02-detail.htm

ohh snap, so Im trying to figure out, is the lightweight flywheel compatible with any clutch? Say like OEM, Stage 1, Stage 2 etc.. I ask this because i would like to pick up the flywheel now, and then if i decide to go turbo down the road can i just pick up any clutch?

Yeah, its a direct replacement for the stock one, I don't see why it wouldn't work with other clutch setups. I'd still stick with Exedy for the clutch though, just because clutches and flywheels from the same brand are just sort of designed for each other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

so why can we not use the wrx clutch kits? what about just the flywheel? I have an 09' from what i understand 05-09 for SOA were all the same trannys.. can anyone confirm this?

i dont see why even the 2010 would be different..

so why can we not use the wrx clutch kits? what about just the flywheel? I have an 09' from what i understand 05-09 for SOA were all the same trannys.. can anyone confirm this?

i dont see why even the 2010 would be different..

The engagement fork is different the TOB is different to use LGT parts you would need to swap FORKS and use all the other parts PP, Clutch, TOB, FW.

The 2010 clutch is probably different as the 2.5i only comes with a 6 spd so it may be larger in diameter

• 1 year later...

Any updates frostbite3360?

I'm starting to get a shudder (on cold/damp days only?, not sure).

I do have the TSK kit but am thinking I may need to start thinking about a clutch and poss a flywheel.

I still think about doing the (edit: ) turbo kit sometimes so think it might be worthwhile to upgrade to the 15801 and FF02 over the stock KSB04 replacement.

It's quite a bit more money though so wondering how you've made out so far with your setup?

+1 same boat. i'm getting a slight shudder on colder/humid mornings. goes away once warm.

i have an 08. is the OEM flywheel dual mass? anyone know? i think the GT guys are dual mass and they were switching up for the wrx flywheels.

looking is the FSM, the 5mt for the GT and 2.5i, both list flywheels as "flexible". the 6mt is listed as "conventional". wtf does that mean.

• 2 years later...

Welp, this is an old thread. But my cold shudder and groaning from the throwout bearing eventually led to a dead pedal today and horrifying shrieking from the bearing when I stepped on it. Lucky it didn't explode and take my bellhousing as others have experienced.

I am looking into the Exedy KSB04 with a lightweight flywheel.

Something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400489407201?item=400489407201&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Any word on if that lightweight Exedy worked out? I have a 2009, but the drivetrains are the same. Just wanted to make sure because the compatibility doesn't list up to 2009.

I would skip the LWFW on either trim Legacy. the Stock FW is the same WRX 06+ in all 06+ 5MT Subarus, its nice and light enough :)

Haha yea I skipped it. Machine shops wanted $60-75 to resurface the dual mass FW, so I just bought a brand new Exedy for $75. Car is down for a week while I wait for it to get here and it sucks not having a car. Plus I can't separate the transmission at the moment, it's stuck on a rusty dowel pin.

I would skip the LWFW on either trim Legacy. the Stock FW is the same WRX 06+ in all 06+ 5MT Subarus, its nice and light enough :)

Wait a minute. Just took another look at what you wrote. What does our stock FW weigh? Not the dual mass like the GT right?

You dont have a DMFW in your 2.5i 07+ Legacy MTs use the same FW as 06+ WRX, a SMFW tips the scales around 24lbs. Not a bad deal on the replacement FW but unless you suck at driving and its got hotspots I would have it machined versus buying a new one.

Not saying you suck or anything :lol:

Haha I was misinformed. I thought ours was DM too and people wanted $75 to resurface that. So I just bought a new Exedy for $70.Good, I know I bought the right flywheel then. This one is also 23.45 pounds. That is heavy to me. I'm used to the 9 pound Fidanza in my V6 MR2 and didn't really have issues with driveability. That being said, this is my DD so I don't mind the "heavy" FW either.

My clutch looked perfectly fine. My TOB however, was toast. Seized solid. Everything is getting changed while I have it apart anyway though.

I put a cheap ebay "f1 racing" 12lb flwheel on my car recently. Takes a little bit to get used to, but nothing drastic. It runs a little rougher, but I don't mind, I almost like it, feels less sterile that way. Definitely gives the car more personality.

• 8 months later...

srry for bringing up an old thread, but this is just what i need! :) so my clutch needs replaced (slipping) and i want the exedy #15801 stage 1. i have an 05 2.5i so it should work. did i read correctly that the 05 is a single mass FW? also i assume the stage 1 bolts to the oem FW if i decide to just resurface it, correct? thanks guys!

(edit) i tried to find an oem weight FW in case mine was toast, and other than actually going to oem, they dont seem to exist?

srry for bringing up an old thread, but this is just what i need! :) so my clutch needs replaced (slipping) and i want the exedy #15801 stage 1. i have an 05 2.5i so it should work. did i read correctly that the 05 is a single mass FW? also i assume the stage 1 bolts to the oem FW if i decide to just resurface it, correct? thanks guys!

(edit) i tried to find an oem weight FW in case mine was toast, and other than actually going to oem, they dont seem to exist?

OEM FW is around 24 pounds. My replacement was 23.45 pounds.

Archived