LegacyGT.com

Finally a Turbo for Legacy GT/Outback XT !

PLTek

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadbolt is about as honest and fair as they come - Jerry prides himself on customer service.

There is a lot of conjecture as to what his 18g turbo will and won't do but no dyno and boost curves that I know of have been posted.

Maybe Jerry can get one of his customer to publish his data.

I have one of his turbos but because of ECUtek total inabilty to control boost on my Outback I never make more than 16psi boost. I have every reason totally flame ECUtek but will give them one last chance to make my car work - it has only been since last Novemebr since my car was reflashed and it has never worked right. I wish their customer service was 1% as good as Deadbolt's.

Do not use ECUtek on Outback's under any condition you are wasting your money.

I have one of his turbos but because of ECUtek total inabilty to control boost on my Outback I never make more than 16psi boost. I have every reason totally flame ECUtek but will give them one last chance to make my car work - it has only been since last Novemebr since my car was reflashed and it has never worked right. I wish their customer service was 1% as good as Deadbolt's.

What are the differences between Outback’s and Legacy’s that the EcuTek wont work? I have a LGT and want a EcuTek but this story worries me :(

Why not just swap out the intake manifold for a wrx center-throttle body type, wrx tmic, and wrx-style turbo? This would solve having to find turbo upgrades.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Deadbolt's 18g is straight sale no exchange - it is TD-05 18g. Because our cars are fly-by-wire you need to use late model STi manifolds ,intercooler and BOV. You can make brackets to use FBW on other manifolds.

It is only a question on how much you want to swap out.

The long block is STi so you can swap as many things as you want that match.

Why not just swap out the intake manifold for a wrx center-throttle body type, wrx tmic, and wrx-style turbo? This would solve having to find turbo upgrades.

The thing that I would be worried about is getting the air to the intercooler, our scoop is a lot smaller than a WRX/STi.

Because now your doubling/tripling your cost to upgrade just the turbo. Things will come....the car is still new. Patience my good man. :D

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

The thing that I would be worried about is getting the air to the intercooler, our scoop is a lot smaller than a WRX/STi.

There should be a similar amount of room under the hood, just a smaller scoop.

I'm going to try and see what works, not planning on doing anything drastic (although I have bought the other manifold :lol: ) just yet... Plan on seeing what I can get out of a stock legacy with just a up/down/utec. :) I may be happy with that (all I want is 300whp daily) If I wanted a race car, I can just drive my hawk. :D

And yeah, I'm breaking the warranty at 1100 miles, but I did the same thing on my hawk when I got it, and I will prob. never see the inside of the subaru dealership again. lol... I have a modding disease. :lol:

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

ok, we have first one sold. We will all know in few weeks just how good this set up can be at the wheels. This one is a Legacy GT so the ECU Tek should be able to milk it to a nice WHP.

Talk to you soon

Peter Sz

PLTek,llc

ok, we have first one sold. We will all know in few weeks just how good this set up can be at the wheels. This one is a Legacy GT so the ECU Tek should be able to milk it to a nice WHP.

Talk to you soon

Peter Sz

PLTek,llc

Peter, is it a manual or auto Legacy GT? Do you know?

I dont want to steal the thunder but some of the things on the car, as far as i know are:

Perrin TMIC, big MAF, crank pulley

larger 816cc injectors

custom fitting larger fuel pump

TBE

to be all stapled by ECUTek tune

This is an 05LGT 5MT

Best Regards,

PS

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be really looking for a ball-bearing turbo over a thrust bearing unit. Probably why I'd love to get my hands on a VF36 and manifold/up-pipe over a VF37, same comparison for VF30/34 models. That's just personal taste and interest.

• 2 weeks later...
Deadbolt is about as honest and fair as they come - Jerry prides himself on customer service.

There is a lot of conjecture as to what his 18g turbo will and won't do but no dyno and boost curves that I know of have been posted.

Maybe Jerry can get one of his customer to publish his data.

Hmm damn man they kicked ass for my leg wagon.. they had me a new firmware hacked out for my cpu since it was a newer model then what they had.

What is so diff about the outback?

Archived