LegacyGT.com

Chrysler and Fiat?

I think this would be overall a good thing in the sense that Fiat can now use Chrysler's dealership network to sell small/economy euro cars that Chrysler is lacking very much. Also Fiat has been interested in selling Alfa's to the US so using an already laid out network would probably far cheaper than setting up a whole new one.

I think this would be overall a good thing in the sense that Fiat can now use Chrysler's dealership network to sell small/economy euro cars that Chrysler is lacking very much. Also Fiat has been interested in selling Alfa's to the US so using an already laid out network would probably far cheaper than setting up a whole new one.

:lol:

Gotta love optimists.

Would you buy a new Alfa from your local Chrysler dealer? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I would love to have a Fiat Cinquecento (500) Abarth:

http://www.fiat.co.uk/500abarth/

The little FIAT economy cars are suppsoedly decent.

I think that you'll see FIAT economy cars and Alfa's. Chrysler product will be everything inbetween. Hopefully, they can keep Viper production up and running.

Won't be a Viper then - it would be something else.

Maybe a replica of this one:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/car-news/rare-packard-porsche-racers-set-for-amelia-island-auction/6253436+w600+cr1+re0+ar1/1963-shelby-king-cobra.jpg

1963 Shelby King Cobra. (For those that thinks that the ordinary Cobra is too common.)

453747.png

Chrysler + Fiat = combining their unrelaibility into shitty cars with character and flair.

In all seriousness if that leads to an imported Fiat 500, i'd be all over that like an Italian guy after anything with a vagina.

Is Fiat unreliable nowadays? I don't know their Europeon reputation. I doubt they are as bad as they used to be. Perhaps equivalent to American manufacturers in quality/reliability? But if a Fiat or Alfa had lots of driving character (more than competitors) but wasn't as quite reliable as a conparable japanese brand, I'd get the Fiat or Alfa. In other words, what you said!

Is Fiat unreliable nowadays? I don't know their Europeon reputation. I doubt they are as bad as they used to be. Perhaps equivalent to American manufacturers in quality/reliability? But if a Fiat or Alfa had lots of driving character (more than competitors) but wasn't as quite reliable as a conparable japanese brand, I'd get the Fiat or Alfa. In other words, what you said!

The reputation they have is that they have some quirks of details that fails, and that they are prone to rust, but otherwise they are driver's cars, so if you want something for inspired driving it's usually a good choice.

Just be a good friend with someone that knows how to fix cars. But many of the things that fails aren't critical, but merely annoying.

453747.png

A modern car prone to rust? :eek:

Check out Hyuandai's from 5-10yrs ago. I remember, I walked by a Hyundai dealership and they had a couple used Sant Fe's, on display, on those drive up platforms. The "frame" rails on both of those cars had been perforated(yes, actually holes) from rust. You use to see tons of those late 90s accents on the road in Quebec but they're all taking a red dirt nap:lol:

I think Hyundai, in their last generation of cars, has gotten much better in this area.

The little FIAT economy cars are suppsoedly decent.

I think that you'll see FIAT economy cars and Alfa's. Chrysler product will be everything inbetween. Hopefully, they can keep Viper production up and running.

The Viper is dead boys. The plant is closed and they are trying to sell the design rights to other companys, including parts suppliers. You can find the story on CNN.com

A modern car prone to rust? :eek:

Most of Italy actually don't have much winter to talk about and therefore not too much salt. So Italian cars in Scandinavia tends to age rather fast. Maybe they have gotten better in later years, but we don't see many Italian cars around here. Maybe it's because of their old reputation that haunts them.

453747.png

But Hyundai is a much newer manufacturer than Fiat, which has been around almost since cars were invented. No excuse, especially when your market is in a mediterranean climate.

The "mediterranean climate" and the climate where most Korean cars where sold, was/is the problem why they don't come with sufficient rust proofing. Why go through the trouble to rust proof for markets you sell a handful of cars?

Anyways, Hyundai has no gotten bigger ambitions and has seen the errors of its ways. I'm sure Chrysler can give Fiat advice on rust proofing.

The Viper is dead boys. The plant is closed and they are trying to sell the design rights to other companys, including parts suppliers. You can find the story on CNN.com

Yes, I've heard but know with another company investing in Chrysler. That might change.

If I just bought into a troubled company, I would think for a litte, before I sold off a money making model.

Archived