LegacyGT.com

Missing Emblems

rlineberg

I am looking at an 05 Legacy GT online and there are missing emblems on the rear trunk... it is missing the "SUBARU" one and the "LEGACY" one. The "2.5 GT" one is still there.

Were those emblems optional? Or is there a good chance it may have been in a accident and not replaced?

My wagon got stripped of all lettering in the back except "Legacy".

It helps keep the sleeper look intact.

I've had the letters rolling around in the cargo hold for 4 years now. But they'll be handed over to whoever is the next owner.

Pass this car up!.

It was probably ran very hard for the last few years. I wouldn't be worried bout anyting then stak stock Turbo going out on ya. Oh yeah the tranny is probably shot. If you are going to buy it, see if u can obtail who owned the car and what age they were. Round here I see a many Civic Si's, LGT's, and alot of WRX's owned by kids whose parents bought them the car. They run the cars up to the redline everyshift!.

I fact too the wifes's Civiv SI into the dealer and was talking with my service manager pal. He took me in back and showed me a Civiv SI some kid just blew the motor out of. According to the computer after a scan of the ECU, He blew it at 13,900 rpm. He said he was racing and put the car into 2nd instaed of 4th!.

Just watch it with this car.

Pass this car up!.

It was probably ran very hard for the last few years.

How can you make that assumption just by it being debadged? Now, if it had a big turbo and an fmic then I could understand.

How can you make that assumption just by it being debadged? Now, if it had a big turbo and an fmic then I could understand.

+1. Some people only do visual mods and never touch mechanical parts so it's no different than buying one that's completely stock. One thing I always thought is useful to check is the trip computer's cumulative MPG. LGT's trip computer holds 2 numbers and a lot of people will reset one for various reasons but never reset the other. Cars that were driven hard naturally would have lower MPG. Cars could also have low MPG if it's driven mostly in stop and go traffic, which is also harder on the car.

One thing I always thought is useful to check is the trip computer's cumulative MPG. LGT's trip computer holds 2 numbers and a lot of people will reset one for various reasons but never reset the other. Cars that were driven hard naturally would have lower MPG. Cars could also have low MPG if it's driven mostly in stop and go traffic, which is also harder on the car.

That's a pretty big assumption, lol. I personally use tripmeter B for oil change purposes, so I know when I'm due :)

That's a pretty big assumption, lol. I personally use tripmeter B for oil change purposes, so I know when I'm due :)

Even then you still get an idea of how the car is driven since the last oil change. Unless you just did an oil change the buyer would still get thousands of miles worth of info, which should be indicative of how the car is driven.

Ok, guys, I bought the car, drove 6.5 hours one way to get it. I love the car, it is so fun to drive... the only thing is after driving it home last night I found out that the clutch is slipping during boost in 4th and 5th gear. I am highly disappointed about this, and although I am capable of replacing the clutch myself, I contacted the dealer about paying to have it replaced for me. Hopefully they will.

If they don't however... there is still 1200 miles left on the powertrain warranty... will subaru fix it for a second owner?

If they don't however... there is still 1200 miles left on the powertrain warranty... will subaru fix it for a second owner?

Clutch is a wear item, it's covered under 3/36k warranty and not covered under the powertrain warranty. If you bought it from a dealer, make sure you get them to fix it. It's a $1200-1500 job otherwise.

They won't fix it! Tell them you want to return the car. The clutch should not be going that soon with that low of milage unless it was beat on. Tell them you want a new clutch or you want your money back.

See,

Thats's what I am talking bout!. Now you're stucj with a clutch job!. You wouldn't see a "big" turbo if he took it off the car before selling it. and if all the mods were removed you really woundn't see anything!

That said however I had a forst year WRX and the tranny did go out a 40K as well as the turbo, and I babied that car!.

From 4th to 5th how bad is the slippage however? And is the slippage worse or beter in a lower gear in normal driving? And whats the mileage on this car? You never said.

I would take the car back and get your money back or have them fix the clutch at their expense. It was more then likely an Auction car that they picked up and probably don't know alot about. Clutch wear is normal however and won't be covered by the dealer.

Funny I have never had a car slip between 4th and 5th! Maybe try not flooring the car and then shifting it into gear see how that works or shift between 4-5K that may help.

It is definitely driveable in 4th and 5th gear, but at 70MP if you punch the throttle the turbo will spool up and RPMS increase, but no acceleration. There is no slipping in 1-3 as far I can tell at this point.

The car has 58000

I bought it from a Audi, Porsche, Maserati dealer. It is an one owner Legacy that was traded in on a Audi A4. (I think it was a A4)

I love the clean look of my debadged trunk lid. And tell the dealership they need to either replace the clutch or you'll return the car. With the economy in the state it's currently in, I bet the dealership will listen.

http://jsalmi.com/car/scaled.IMG_5384.jpg

See,

Thats's what I am talking bout!. Now you're stucj with a clutch job!. You wouldn't see a "big" turbo if he took it off the car before selling it. and if all the mods were removed you really woundn't see anything!

WTF are you talking about?!?! :rolleyes: Don't get all "told ya so", I still stand by my statement that you can't assume a car was beat on just because it's debadged. Maybe the previous owner just really didn't know how to drive a stick.

If you like the car don't return it, it takes a day at most to replace a clutch yourself. If you look at the forum you can see that everything mechanical has different life spans. Unless you speak to the original owner, it is all speculation. If this was an STI I would agree with owner issues.

Archived