LegacyGT.com

Infamous Tuning Road tunes!

Infamous1

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Not what you did, what your Sprankmobile can do.

The Honda spanked me. Shamar spanked me.

... Pretty sure running against another legacy and being beaten by 2+ seconds = more than just a spank ...

Its a SPRANK! :lol:

Example "Dayyyyyum... Mike just straight up SPRANKED me"

Right now it is not so fast, lol.

It did drive into the garage yesterday. But the coolant is coming back out and the manifold off today so, back to not running again.

But when she emerges from the garage again it will be a whole new beast (prettier too).

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an Infamous tune, but I've got a few questions hopefully someone can answer for me.

Does an Infamous tune affect SI drive at all? If so how?

When running an Infamous map on my Accessport, can launch control still be used together with his map, or is it only possible using a Cobb OTS map?

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

As long as you mention it to me in the notes, launch control can be implemented into the Cobb mapping as well.

You mean you could implement LC into your map on my Cobb AP? I'd like to be able to use LC while on your map if that's possible.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Well I just figured out I don't have a LC enabled Cobb map anyway.:spin: I guess only the 05-06's have maps with that feature as of now.

So would it still possible for you to create a map that has LC even if Cobb hasn't made that for the AP-SUB-003's yet?

PM'd you about SI drive

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

I have like a million PM's sorry about that. I am in Moreno Valley so Relands is just a trip through the canyon away. I can' put a $$$ as I don't know what the issue is. Are you running stock injectors?

Ok so here is the run down. It is a 2002 WRX with a newly rebuilt engine. CP forged pistons, Balanced rotating assembly, Sti turbo and Intercooler set up, 255 fuel pump and larger injectors, plus a 3 port boost controller. ( this is all part of some kit) Now the problem is that it will not fire off and run it cranks and we checked the fuel, spark and timing, All good. So we need a tune to get it running and broken in before it gets a dyno tune. the owner plans to take it to be tuned by John in HB but the tow truck is going to cost him a left nut, just for a running tune. Is this something that you can deal with. From what is seems like if is not firing off the spark plugs all of the time ( not reading crank or cam sensor) or it is getting flooded out and can no longer run at that point. I think it is that later of the two. And now there is so much fuel in the oil he needs a 0 mile oil change. haha. If you like I can shoot you my phone number in a PM.

Thats not a tuning issue, its mechanical. Even if the injectors are too big it would still fire up and just run like crap. If you can smell fuel you have no spark, may want to check your CELs as well. As mike can tell you the car won't fire if the MAP sensor have been swapped for a higher reading unit as well.

I can smell fuel plenty of it but the spark does not seem consistant either. We checked for power at the injectors and coils. And all good the only thing I can think of is a bad crank sensor because we a wire was damaged and repaired during tear down. It tries to start but never fully gets going that is what leads me to the tune. To bad I don't have a scope to see the sensor output.

Was not wiring. Was scaling. ECU compares atmospheric pressure to manifold pressure pre-start up. If two readings are too far apart no spark. Damn nasioc misinformation on scaling. Once I did the math myself all was good.

I would imagine crank angle sensor is a good one to check too.

Yeah when the intake manifold was pulled off. The tgvs and all were removed as a whole unit. They only thing left was the crank sensor so a the plug harness damaged. (dumb over sight) so the wiring was repaired but I think it is an internal intermitant open at the sensor I think the wiring is good but we are going to do an over lay of them just to prove the repair as good

Archived