LegacyGT.com

Wilwood Caliper Upgrade Option/Feedback

magnetic1

Would you guys be open/receptive to the idea of packaging the Wilwood Brake Kit we sell as a caliper upgrade kit? I realize a lot of you guys have newer cars and dont need rotor replacements just yet. This would bring the cost of the kit down by a bit and eliminate the unnecessary replacement of good, functioning rotors?

Lemme know if there is interest. If there is, Ill try to price a package out.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Already have newer (no track time on them) DBA 5000 2-piece slotted rotors up front, so yes would be interested in just the calipers and associated parts (adapter brackets, pads, new lines if necessary, etc).

*crosses fingers in hopes it will work on a 2.5i*

It does work on a 2.5i. :)

We explored rear options, but the cost to design and make everything would outweigh demand I think. So right now, front only. In order to make the rear work, you would need to either eliminate the rear parking brake, or re-cast and tool a new rotor to work for it.

Given the interest here, I may do a limited sale run of the hardware minus the rotors. Ill try to get it setup by the end of the weekend.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

• 4 weeks later...
Would you guys be open/receptive to the idea of packaging the Wilwood Brake Kit we sell as a caliper upgrade kit? I realize a lot of you guys have newer cars and dont need rotor replacements just yet. This would bring the cost of the kit down by a bit and eliminate the unnecessary replacement of good, functioning rotors?

Lemme know if there is interest. If there is, Ill try to price a package out.

Any update on the front Wilwood setup minus the rotors?

Depends on what you are really doing with the car as well. Wilwoods have done well on lighter cars for light cup racing to mild weekend track duty. For a full on serious racecar or stopping a bigger/powerful car, maybe you need more. Maybe Stoptechs?

StopTechs arent all what they are hyped up to be either ;)

For serious racing, a PFC caliper would be best <drool>, too bad they would also cost like $1k each.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Performance Friction - they produce braking components. Their pads are becoming popular with Porsche track guys - they are involved with several professional race series.

They produce a one-piece racing caliper - supposedly light, very stiff (because it's one piece), and I'm sure very expensive.

Performance Friction - they produce braking components. Their pads are becoming popular with Porsche track guys - they are involved with several professional race series.

They produce a one-piece racing caliper - supposedly light, very stiff (because it's one piece), and I'm sure very expensive.

Correct :) Their monoblocs are nice. They also have a two piece modeled after their monobloc.

Their pads are AWESOME for the track. This is one of the reasons I like the Wilwood kit. At least you can order some PFC01s for the track!

As far as Alcon, Brembo, AP, etc, they are very nice. I dont have experience with Alcon's racing line, but Brembo and AP are very nice too. Key is weight and less flex. Different bridge designs also help here.

One thing to not be confused with is something like a Brembo on a STi or 350Z isnt the same as a Brembo race caliper. Alcon has a "street" line now too, which started appearing in the Stasis BBKs (Audi) and UUC (BMW).

The one thing I LOVE about the Wilwood Superlite caliper is pad cost.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

• 2 weeks later...

Archived