LegacyGT.com

Kumho ASX's $48 at TireRack!

morrias

Just an FYI, that Tirerack.com now has our stock tire size in Kumho ASX for $48 each. If you have an America's Tire/Discount tire near you, they will usually price match for the tire cost + shipping + installation.

I got all 4 installed on my 05 GT for $325 tonight. Not bad! I'm just glad to be rid of the RE92's after 37K miles.

Just thought I'd drop a note as these are a good tire at an awesome price.

^^^^

Tell your buddy to throw some RE92s on her Altima and see how happy she is.;)

The Kumho is much better (but still budget minded, so if you want to compare them to say, a Pilot all season or a Contiextreme, or a P-Zero Nero, they arent as good.)

sick deal from T-Rack though. I bought a used set of ASX in 215-40-17 to replace the RE92's just last month.

I paid 200 cash but that was for used ones with about 20% usage.

So far, I'm liking mine. We just got a ton of rain dumped on us out here in Oregon/Washington and they are excellent in it. Much more stable than the RE92's.

I would have rather put RE960's on it... but really didn't need to spend more than 2x (considering I put a whopping 6K/year on my car).

Caught your post when you first added it and have debated ordering them since. Decided to pull the trigger on them since my inspection's due in Feb and my RE92's are about done. Plus I figured if I didn't just hurry up and order them I'd do something stupid like order up all new wheels and tires, which I really can't afford right now. Hard to control the impulse though, but buying these solved that problem, lol. Thanks :D

liked my old set. had them on my stockers before I went to the aftermarket wheels. have a good guy in frederick if you need an installer too. he installs for tirerack.

Anyone have personal experience with these tires? I'm looking for a new set and these seem pretty cheap in 235/40/18. I have found that you do get what you pay for though... ($79).
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I used to run these on my Acura CL for summer and spring. It was a good tire and easy to rotate due to the tread pattern. I used to run snows in the winter, but did try them once and they were not very good in the snow. If you plan to run other tires in the winter than these are a great deal for summer tires.

I ran these on my wife's old 2003 Saturn Ion 5-speed (205/55/16 size). I ran them after having Yokohama V4's for 18,000 miles, which were terrible.

The Kumho's transformed that car....they were quiet, incredibly smooth riding, while having very confident handling. Did they increase the ultimate objective handling? Probably not. But subjectively, it was transformative.

Both of our current cars (2006 Civic SI and 08 LGT) run 215/45/17....for that price, I might pick up 2 sets. :)

Joe

Edit: For more details, they are the equivalent of a cross-trainer shoe. Good at everything, not excelling anywhere. If you buy them with the right expectations, you'll be pleased.

I personally never drive "on the edge", so I'm sure I'll be happy with them, especially at the price I got them for. They seem to be out of stock at the moment (At least where I'm located) and they're expecting them in on the 10th. So I'd imagine they'll show up later next week sometime, no biggie...

I've got a MazdaSpeed6 friend in CO, who says that his locals really like the ASX as a true "all-season."

For the price, it's hard to make any complaints.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

If you are on the edge about the Kumhos, go to tirerack and look at the reviews sorted by highest mileage. Look at ALL the positive reviews on these tires from people with 50, 60, or even 70k miles on the tires.

Compare that with almost any other tire after 30k on tire rack in the same category. Very few positive reviews.

In other words, reasonable people put TONS of miles on this tire and it's still a decent tire.

Compared to, say, my Falken 912 with 15k on my Civic SI. The first 5k were amazing, then from 5k-10k it was pretty good. From 10-15k I now want to get rid of the tire.

Hence why I'm posting here about buying that tire again :)

Joe

Just had Discount Tire price match TireRack. Will be getting mine installed this Sat for $318 OTD. FWIW, I've got 39,600 miles on the OEM Yoko's and they are probably good for another 5-10K. They have gotten me through 3 Chicago winters and I can actually say I have had much worse tires in my lifetime than the Yokos.

Damn.. price is back up. SHIT!

Funny you should say that cause I went to Discount Tire Sat. morning to get mine installed and the guy at the service desk was asking me where I got the price that they PM'd? I told him TireRack and he said "that's funny cause I'm looking at their website right now and they are going for $94". I thought he was just being funny until he showed me the screen. I just happened to bring along a printed copy of the tirerack order form showing the delivered price of $228.40. He asked if he could have it for his records and I said sure and he honored the $318 OTD price I was given so I'm a pretty happy camper right now. FWIW, for those of you concerned about the handling you can get the tires siped for $10 each but I decided against it. :spin:

Archived