LegacyGT.com

Legacy Concept

acqui

Excellent work guys!! Looks very promising so far...I need to see it with a hood scoop though! :lol:

Looks like they took influences from Tribeca/Infinit G/Audi A6 IMHO, but overall I like!

Check out those side mirrors! I wonder if it will be sporting a camera system simialr to the Infiniti EX "all around" view? Lovin the LED lights too...I wonder how close to the production model this "concept" really is!

Hmm "muscular fender flares" - I'm hoping they gave it a powerful side view like the G8 GXP.

I've seen much worse versions of the next gen Legacy. I'll just wait till I can see the whole car to really pass judgement. The front view after taking the concept parts off, like LED's, and impossibly small side mirrors, and add on the more probably bumper, does tone the car down some, but have to wait to see the entire package.

Subaru Legacy Concept Teased Ahead Of Detroit

By The Auto Insider

[/url] http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2008/12/legacyconcept_title.jpg

The first and very dark teaser of the upcoming Subaru Legacy Concept set to make a worldwide debut at next month's Detroit Auto Show dropped overnight. We shed more light below the jump.

While the teaser image doesn’t show us much, we do know Subaru built the concept to celebrate the Legacy’s 20th anniversary and it's a preview of the design direction for the upcoming production Legacy that will show up in the near future. While certainly bold, we don’t expect the production version to be this aggressive and we question the winged grille that seems to share more than a little resemblance to the design of current Chevrolet grilles. Subaru took a very formal approach to the vertical stack-up of the front end graphics though the muscular fender flares and vertical lines running down from the hood give a sense of power and speed. While we don’t have a view of the rear, it’s safe to bet that it will follow the muscular formality of the front design. Powering the Legacy Concept is a 3.6L horizontally-opposed boxer engine and it will feature Subaru’s updated Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive System.

We’ll update you as more information comes in. In the meantime, we’ve lightened up the teaser photo for you to see the Legacy Concept in better detail.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2008/12/legacyconcept_lightened.jpg

Subaru Press Release:

^ n00bs below this line

yup, other people have nailed it. I won't take credit, although I don't recall who said it...

But the headlights look like Mercedes R-class.

The Grille looks like a Chevy, mostly like the Cruze design, with a dose of Acura's chiseled finish. The whole thing has a bit of Acura's new blocky vibe to it... Not good on either account.

The bottom has slight cues of lexus or infiniti concept, with the vertical fogs (odd), and the slits in the center under the grille.

Another said that the cowl looks high for a subaru... which is unfortunate for a boxer engine'd car.

I have a feeling this is going to look a lot like a sedan-ified Exiga, with a larger grille, and wackier headlights.

So far, I am still liking 05-09 better.

Eeee.... Cranking up the brightness makes the greenhouse look really small. It doesn't look like subaru, well at least not a Legacy.

It's ugly but not in an unconventional subaru way:lol:

The front of the production one could look a bit cleaner just due to manufacturing.

However, I doubt the production version will change drastically between the Detroit concept and when it hits the dealers lots later in the year.

Archived