LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread

snow05gtRI

I bought the cxracing exhaust on ebay for 250 plus 80 for shipping. I figured since it was stainless steel that wasn't a bad price and if I have to cut it to make it fit I will just go buy a tig welder and do it myself. I will do the test fit monday and see what has to be done.

what did your custom system sound like?

What stuff did you use?

Chopped off from factory resonator back and made it 2.5 all the way back with a series of resonators. Aero turbines with custom tips(Got from a member here) was the resonators used as mufflers and a generic shop one on the middle when it was too loud for the neighborhood.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU3Xmrjux5g]YouTube - ‪IMG 08691‬‏[/ame]

so after a huge pain in the ass. I have the cx racing exhaust on my 05 bean h6. everything was good except for the midpipe. I had to cut a piece of pie out of oit and bend it and reweld it to take a bend out of it so it lined up. Then bolting it to the header was trickey since the stock is 2 inch and the cx is 2 7/8 inch, so I put 2 donut gaskets on it until I get more time to weld a bigger pipe on the header flange so it bolts up clean. long story it was worth it to have a catback stainless exhaust for only $350. I just wish someone made a simple bolt on for the h6 subies.

TRUE: my cxlighting cbe is rusty but if you prepare it with high temp enamel before instal you will have a great system that will last a long time for 350 shipped i believe. pretty much what i paid a shop to do a custom on my 06 cobalt SS. but they honered the system and i brought it back twice and he fixed for free. The shops in taunton ma so PM me if u have any questions

• 2 weeks later...
my magnaflow is pretty quiet but i dont have a down or up installed yet
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Here's an old one of mine, rather long clip of me messing about. Didn't want to drive to far away from my camcorder in case someone stole it!

Fujitsubo legalis-R CBE only fitted in this clip on standard jdm twinscroll setup

Must stick up a new one with my Milltek catless Dp and new turbo setup.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/?action=view&current=exhaustsoundclip.mp4

• 2 weeks later...
I had an HKS catback w/resonator that was too loud so I sold it. I didn't want to risk spending money on another catback that would possibly still be too loud with a resonator/third muffler, so I'm running the stock catback with a cutout in the DP for the time being until someone makes a quality exhaust that is quiet.

My exact situation buy a Borla or stick with the SPT v2 and add a Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator hmmmm :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgKABIrNiQ]01 LGT...2" i.d. resonator, 26"long w/ 3 1/2" tip - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcejlty6T78]01 LGT 2" i.d. resonator, 26" length, 3 1/2" tip...revs - YouTube[/ame]

stock manifold

2" i'd', 26" long, 3 1/2" dia body cherry bomb resonator, painted black

3 1/2" tip, cut and welded to resonator.

air box resonator piping delete

~$30

• 2 weeks later...
I'm debating between borla and stromung to complete the turbo back, has anyone noticed if either of these have any drone at highway speeds? It's 100kms round trip to work and back everyday and I can't justify the price if my head is buzzing the whole time.

I'm debating between borla and stromung to complete the turbo back, has anyone noticed if either of these have any drone at highway speeds? It's 100kms round trip to work and back everyday and I can't justify the price if my head is buzzing the whole time.

Unless you find and buy a used Stromung, they are hard to find. There is the earlier COBB version with single wall tips and the Spank/Infamous. Version with double wall tips.

My vote is for Stromung of course I may a little bias since I now own one. It's not quiet nor too loud. With a patted DP it has nice tone under acceleration and mellows out under cruise or part throttle.

Edited by Tomkat1127

Unless you find and buy a used Strongmung, they are hard to find. There is the earlier. COBB version with single wall tips and the SPank/Infamous. Version with double wall tips.

My vote is for Strong of corset I may a little bias. It's not quiet nor too loud. With a patted DP it has nice tone under acceleration. and fellows out under cruise or parry throttle.

:lol::lol::lol:

Phone or drunk posting FTL.