Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread

snow05gtRI

Borla CBE

Cobb Catted DP

Grimmspeed UP

Grimmspeed PnPnC Manifolds and Crossover pipe

AEM CAI

Perrin TMIC

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjLkhh1cyUg]YouTube- 2005 Subaru Legacy GT sound start up Borla CBE[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1HJVHbom6M]YouTube- 2005 Subaru Legacy GT second gear sound clip Borla CBE[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yUnvKh6d_c]YouTube- 2005 Subaru Legacy GT sound clip Borla CBE[/ame]

eventually more to come...

i'm pretty sure mine is leaking, but I've been unable to check. I smell exhaust on the regular and it sounds funny from up front there, but grimmspeed needs me to send them proof before they'll send me a replacement.

well the "funny sound" is like an exhaust leak booming echo. not just the usual ticking. and i can smell the exhaust coming from the front end as soon as i start the engine if you stand in front of it. i never used to smell exhaust until the front end got louder.

anyway, this is far off topic :lol: ...send me a PM if you want to continue

• 4 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAME_UqZg8]YouTube- Legacy GT stage 2 Bosal exhaust[/ame]

Grimmspeed PnP exh. manifold/crossover pipe-> Grimmspeed UP-> Cobb catted DP -> Bosal v.1.5 catback (AEM CAI)

edit: how come youtube embedding doesn't work on this forum anymore?

• 2 weeks later...
I hope to have a video to add to this soon. Recently installed a Fujitsubo Super legalis R with invidia catless.... Gone is the Autospeed HFC and megan quad... SHould sound yummy!

Can't wait for your video!! I'm thinking of the legalis R as well!

I think I've seen one person on here with that exhaust. Fart cans + $1100 price tag = not a lot of people using it.

I wonder if you mean me -- I'm actually not sure whether anyone on here has apexi cans besides me. Mine aren't this model, though, and were rebranded as wangan cans. And they're not fart cans, thank goodness - they're actually a little on the quiet side unless you've really got your foot in it, and then they're more like a deep growl than a raspy snarl. I put a couple clips in this thread a while back. :icon_bigg

I wonder if you mean me -- I'm actually not sure whether anyone on here has apexi cans besides me. Mine aren't this model, though, and were rebranded as wangan cans. And they're not fart cans, thank goodness - they're actually a little on the quiet side unless you've really got your foot in it, and then they're more like a deep growl than a raspy snarl. I put a couple clips in this thread a while back. :icon_bigg

You and another guy in Cali have the Apexi WS-2.. which is a very nice exhaust. Maybe that's what I was thinking of. Haven't seen anyone with the Apexi N1 canister style exhaust on a LGT.

how do u like the apexi exhaust? i'm thinking about getting the n1 evolutions. what r ur opinions on that one?

Well, I like mine quite a lot. It's quiet when I want it to be quiet, and it's loud when I want it to be loud. It never pops, sounds smooth, and has a nice low timbre. In terms of appearance, it's actually a little showy for my tastes, but I let the cans stay dirty, and generally the tips too, as long as they're not unsightly. I would rather the tips be a little bit smaller and rolled, but hey, no way am I changing them now. The sound is exactly what I want.

As far as the N1s...well, for starters, I think they look ridiculous. Those tips remind me of pierced ears with huge-gauge things in them. Or a saggy ass, whatever you prefer. Maybe you like them, but they're not to my taste. I just feel like the legacy is more of a darkhorse/sleeper vehicle than your average modified wrx and a way to have just as much go with a lot less show (i.e. unwanted attention). I've never heard them, so I can't state any sort of legitimate opinion on how good or bad they sound.

just my .02

I'm definitely thinking about the HKS but...I have Invidia catless UP and catted DP with a Cobb CAI. I want a little more growl, but I'm nervous that if I drop the cash I'll hate the outcome. Any advice or recommendations from the guys who have nice (hush) systems?

I'm definitely thinking about the HKS but...I have Invidia catless UP and catted DP with a Cobb CAI. I want a little more growl, but I'm nervous that if I drop the cash I'll hate the outcome. Any advice or recommendations from the guys who have nice (hush) systems?

FWIW the name "Silent Hi-Power" is somewhat misleading IMO as some reviews I've read and soundclips I've heard, it actually is not a real quiet system. Borla is a good bet for quiet as well as Bosal (hard to find now). You could always leave the mid/y stock and get a nice set of cans (like AVOs) to add a bit of rumble without it being too loud.

You could always leave the mid/y stock and get a nice set of cans (like AVOs) to add a bit of rumble without it being too loud.

will leaving the mid/y pipes stock free up any restrictions on exhaust flow? what parts make a FULL exhaust system?

The parts thqat make a full exhaust system include a downpipe, mid and y, plus cans.

If you want free flow, might as well change out the 2.5 inch stock system and go full 3 inch. But leaving evrything else stock while changing the cans will not make the exhaust system more free flowing. It will just be a stock system with bigger or cooler looking cans.