LegacyGT.com

Sirius OUT, Slacker IN

rao

This is about as close as you're going to get. http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/

Sorry. My apologies, it apears SBS is dead these days (I haven't been there in about a year), and they've all moved over to http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Again, probably the closest you'll get to talking to people at Sirius/XM without calling/emailing someone.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Holy music, Batman! :eek::lol:

I picked up the 8-gig from Woot (thanks, gfxdave, for the heads-up!).

I'm pretty much all-set on putting it in the car (with the aux-in from my HK Drive+Play). :D Considering I'm the type of guy who just likes to turn on the radio and listen (and getting tired of the same local stations), I'm hoping that Slacker will be what I'm looking for.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Got the G1 (8-gig/40-stations) in the mail yesterday. Had some trouble refreshing stations.

I messed around with it for nearly 3 hours last night, and this AM, used their on-line Live-Support.

I shoulda just used Live-Support in the first place. They were very friendly, and they did all the troubleshooting remotely. I refreshed 10 stations in about 2 hours, sitting here on my university's broadband connection.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

OMG, I love this thing.

I just might get the G2, if they come out with a true vehicle-dock (my G1 is SuperLock'ed to a bent-metal mount which slots in just under the center cubby/vent, that I made myself, and pipes its output through the H&K Drive+Play's Aux-In), but the G1's super-large screen just has me mesmerized, and I'd be hard-pressed to give it up.

Especially since I don't use the G1 as a "portable," I really have no concern, about it's physical size.

The thing I love about the Slacker is that, for a guy like me, who doesn't have the time or energy to grab songs off iTunes or Amazon and put them on something like an iPOD, the formatting of the programming suits me perfectly.

I just wish they offered a way to listen to a compilation of the Click and Clack brothers. :)

Thanks for turning me on to this, rao, and thanks again, gfxdave, for the Woot link.

^ You're talking to a man who, just within the last year, finally got a cell phone with a camera and Bluetooth, and within the last 3 months, finally started putting his CDs on the computer, and purchasing some MP3s. Not to mention that I finally got a GPS unit (a free gift from one of the suppliers to our lab, thus, nothing fancy).

By the time I get a Crackberry or iPhone, y'all techno-whizs will likely have them implanted into your fingers and ears. :p

Yeah, I may have the latest radar detector or laser jammer, but trust me, when it comes to most of the usual stuff, I'm tech-retarded. :redface:

No, seriously, thanks for this, rao. :)

^ Check up on e post from mine, rao's last. ;)

It's already out. :)

^ It's because word's out that you're a troublemaker. :p;)

if you have an iphone you already have unlimited data, so i just stream pandora or slacker now over the cell network in my old car, no aux in for this one yet, so im stuck to crappy xm via fm and im not a xm fan so much anymore, its gotten better but still same songs are overplayed on ethel, and ive been a member for 5 years and what do they give me when i want to cancel is give me one month free, really bad retention offer for 5 years of me paying them 13 a month

I just calculated ive given them 780 dollars....local radio stations need to step it up

I'm now a slacker!

This was just what I was looking for! I was looking to dump my 2g ipod nano as the short playlist was getting pretty old and I don't have time to constantly be changing it, nor to I have a large enough CD collection. Perfect for someone who doesn't have the time to spend downloading tunes and making playlists.

Now I have to decide how I want to hook this up in my car!

Thanks for making me spend more money rao!

IPerfect for someone who doesn't have the time to spend downloading tunes and making playlists.

^ That's me, precisely, to-a-"T."

I *love* my Slacker.

Now I have to decide how I want to hook this up in my car!

If G2 eventually comes up with a car-dock, I'll likely spend the money for it - for the G1, on my pre-aux-in '05, I've got it on (via 3M SuperLock) a self-made metal mount, by the passenger's side center ("cubby") vent, with the 3.5 mm stereo cable threaded through the top of that vent (I trimmed a small cut-out in the rear half of the HVAC duct, to clear the wire without pinching). behind the cubby sits a first-generation H&K Drive+Play, which is connected via its wired FM-Modulator (using the Metra Subaru antenna adapter).

The SuperLock is a bit of a hassle, but it's much sturdier (particulary given the temperature extremes) than Velcro. I think I may re-do my setup, so as to incorporate the use of a standard Arkon slotted mount, like I have for my TomTom.

OK, so Silverstar's post kicked my ass in gear. :lol:

I spent the last half-hour making a dual-Arkon slot type adapter, out of the spare GPS mounts that I've got laying around.

It's still not pretty, yet, but definitely functional. :) Much easier to take in and out of the car.

I'll have to clean it up in the next couple of days.

hmmmm........this price hike is making me consider a slacker more now. any ideas on where to find the old generation model.?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

hmmmm........this price hike is making me consider a slacker more now. any ideas on where to find the old generation model.?

buy.com was blowing them out they still have the 2gb model for 83

http://www.buy.com/prod/slacker-portable-2gb-internet-radio-with-15-stations/q/loc/111/206165711.html

and heartland america ? who knows but they still have some 4gb for 79

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?PIN=78527&SC=WIP20001&

looked up heartland america, they have good google reseller ratings

http://www.google.com/products/reviews?fq=slacker+4gb&cid=1632fdc521d1f9b4&sort=1&cat=merchants

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I'd love to see some install pics.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived