LegacyGT.com

DDM HID KITS Wtf??

Vwown3d

Ordered a second DDM set for my odyseey (9006 bulbs) from a ddmtuning.com.

Sorry, Oliver, but without harness (I do not need it) i've got it shipped for a $69, comparing to $100 shipped ($10 v.s $20 shipping fee) at XENON EXPERTS.

There are no bad people, just differeent.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had no issues at all with the fogs. I did use an additional harness, though many people don't and seem to do fine without it.

Thanks! Now, I just need to decide on 3000K vs 5000k (same as headlights).

@lepich, don't expect to see 'em till after new years :)

Thanks! Now, I just need to decide on 3000K vs 5000k (same as headlights).

@lepich, don't expect to see 'em till after new years :)

i'd go 3000k, fogs are meant for bad weather driving. in bad weather driving, a light that is more near the yellow side of the spectrum will provide better visibility than a white 5000k (granted 5000k will be white with a hint of blue.)

brian

I have a shadow on the left side (driver's side) light output. It is about 1 ft to the left of the car and it is about 1 ft wide. I wonder if it is caused by the headlight projector construction (the beam cut-off pattern as to not blind incoming folks) or it is my return wire ? It simply looks like a "tunnel" of...less light. I do not have it on the right side. Thanks.

It's most likely just the projector housing. The housings are narrower than a natural HID projector housing is, leaving less light to spread out wider. The return wire shadow actually occurs right in the middle of the light. I just finished my retro today. Check it out and if you ever wanna dive into the real HID's let me know cause I could always lend a hand to a fellow midwesterner.

I would love to, but I am thrilled as is with my results so far. Actually, I am not happy with the idea of baking my headlights. I appreciate the offer - but for now maybe you can suggest a better HID kit in case DDM becomes an WTF kit.

So you say that it may be the housing not the shadow of the return wire ?

I have a shadow on the left side (driver's side) light output. It is about 1 ft to the left of the car and it is about 1 ft wide. I wonder if it is caused by the headlight projector construction (the beam cut-off pattern as to not blind incoming folks) or it is my return wire ? It simply looks like a "tunnel" of...less light. I do not have it on the right side. Thanks.

its the return wire and causes a dark spot on the left side. the dark spot is on the left respectively for both headlights. the light pattern of both headlights overlap which is why it its only dark on the left making you think its only the left bulb. use a dremel and make knotches in the bulbs to allow you to rotate the bulbs to fix it.

Why 5000K? I've got my 4300K, it is white as snow.. Look blue from the side.

Having 5000K you are loosing lumens, less output:

4500K = Great light output (3400 lumens)

5000K = Great light output (3200 lumens)

6000K = Good light output (3000 lumens)

8 000K = Good light output (2900 lumens)

Just to follow "blueish" trend?

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Has anyone ordered the higher-end kit from DDM? I am speaking of the Ever Power Lighting Equipment Co. HID - (Prolumen, Helios, Niwalker, etc.) kit. (http://ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html) 2/3 of the way down the page

With all of the igniting promlems that the analog kits have had in the Legacy, particularly those who run low beams at startup, Oliver suggested a digital kit. Unfortunately, he only (currently) has a 6000K kit available in the preferred kit, so I started looking around and found the DDM digital kit above for about $120-25 shipped as a 50W digital kit with the 4500K color/temp that I wanted.

Has anyone tried that digital kit from DDM?

The DDM kits are digital.

The DDM through DDM Tuning, or the DDM through xenon expert?

Edit: I see what you mean about the DDM Tuning kit through DDM tuning. I skipped over Oliver's post on page 3 or 4 about it being the same kit.

I thought that Oliver's DDM kit was analog, but what do I know...?

you got the 55w correct ?

any people flashing you?

Haven't been flashed a single time, and have been driving a lot these past couple days. The difference is amazing, and I got 'em in just in time before the snow hit.

The stock projectors are doing a pretty good job keeping the light where it needs to be.

--

@lepich - I got the 5000K kit- The 55w ballasts really was out the color and I can honestly say there is zero blue in the output of these lights (aside from the little bit in the cutoff), it's pure white... which is exactly what I was hoping for.

i dont think the ddm slim ballasts are digital. i could have sworn they were advertised as digital a while back but not no more.

someone correct me if i'm wrong but apexcone and ddm are two different brands? the kits being sold here are a combo of apexcone bulbs and ddm ballasts, or am i wrong? there is a new kit that i haven't seen before on the ddmtuning website,Apexcone 35W/55W Full Size Ballast HID Kit, supposedly its digital. can anyone chime on this kit?

On this page they are both listed as fuly digital: http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html From what I remember reading Apexcone owns the DDM brand so they are likely made in the same facility with pretty much similar parts. They may even be exactly teh same parts. Even the Apexcone ballast is larger it has an integrated ignitor, if you were to package that into teh DDM ballast the size would likely be similar.

Spoke to DDM on the phone yesterday and they claim that the harness will always fix the problem of non-ignition on the side that is waway from the battery (passenger side). I countered that people here were running the harness and still having problems, and they were somewhat confused, ans thay said fail rates were under 1% for the DDM kit with the harness.

They know that Oliver is a retailer (he is not doing anything wrong or immoral in making a profit) but apparently they have not put 2 and 2 together to make 4 regarding the many warranty claims on the H7 kits, or Oliver is handling the exchanges without DDM realizing what is going on.

They seem willing to help, but I don't know what to tell them.

Oddly, Oliver sells the base DDM kit over here, but his other (higher-end) kits are not the same as the what DDM sells.

Spoke to DDM on the phone yesterday and they claim that the harness will always fix the problem of non-ignition on the side that is waway from the battery (passenger side). I countered that people here were running the harness and still having problems, and they were somewhat confused, ans thay said fail rates were under 1% for the DDM kit with the harness.

They know that Oliver is a retailer (he is not doing anything wrong or immoral in making a profit) but apparently they have not put 2 and 2 together to make 4 regarding the many warranty claims on the H7 kits, or Oliver is handling the exchanges without DDM realizing what is going on.

They seem willing to help, but I don't know what to tell them.

Oddly, Oliver sells the base DDM kit over here, but his other (higher-end) kits are not the same as the what DDM sells.

DDMis Apexcone. Apexcone owns DDM. Same company. Same building same warehouse.

As to the Legacy DDM issue. They are aware of that. I have told them MANY times....The truth is that if you have a battery that is borderline, the battery harness might not be enough because ALL Chinese made ballasts draw more power at start up compared to their Japanese high end counterpart.

DDM goes for volume and cheap prices...so they won't change something just for one car model. They don't sell anything high end. The high end kit they sell as Prolumen is another Chinese made kit. Why they carry it and we don't? Because it's crap and they carry it only to kill the competition that sells the same kit.

Here's what they told me when I asked them why they were carrying that bad Prolumen kit:

We’re buying about 25 prolumen kits and killing Umnitza’s market on them. After people see that the prolumen kit isn’t anything special we will stop buying them

There's so many pissed off Prolumen customer in other markets that we aren't touching this kit. So to resume everything, all they sell is Chinese made kits. Good Chinese made kits in the DDM and crappy overpriced Chinese made kit (Prolumen) but nothing high end and go for volume and low prices.

Volt and Xtreme kits are high end and will NEVER have these issues on the legacy as you can see here by the change AlaskaJoel made:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100651

Oliver

Here's what they told me when I asked them why they were carrying that bad Prolumen kit:

We’re buying about 25 prolumen kits and killing Umnitza’s market on them. After people see that the prolumen kit isn’t anything special we will stop buying them

There's so many pissed off Prolumen customer in other markets that we aren't touching this kit. So to resume everything, all they sell is Chinese made kits. Good Chinese made kits in the DDM and crappy overpriced Chinese made kit (Prolumen) but nothing high end and go for volume and low prices.

Oliver

Damn, DDM made the Prolumen kits sound like they walked on water, and on top of that, there was a very good review of them on here, both the 35W and the 50W versions. It compared the consitency of the prolumen kits to the Apexcone and the prolumen had better regularity in the balast output, light output, and efficiency.

Please...get...the...43ooK...Volt...kits!

-- edited -- misread your post.

Love it from a drivers perspective! It's amazing the difference they make compared to the regular halogens.

Seriously considering a set for the fogs now. They look so dull below the hid setup.

You are now getting the HID sickness (WELCOME).

Nice pics. Silly question... Did you replace your stereo (I see a reflection thru the window of something)? What is that????

Stock stereo is still there. I'm assuming you're seeing the nav screen (stock)? It's just on the 'info' screen.

Archived