LegacyGT.com

DDM HID KITS Wtf??

Vwown3d

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I emailed Xenon Expert on friday and I am yet to get a reply. Nor has he made an appearance on the forums anymore. DDM Tuning did pick up my call every time I called and while not having a precise day, they did try to keep me informed on the volume of orders and the shipment schedule. So what can I say. I am displeased with both but at least one of them shipped my shit out.

Guys, it's the holidays and we are FLOODED with emails and PMs. Although I understand that most of you want an answer now and things shipped now, I will tell you that we do our best to answer all emails as fast as we can and also PMs but there's delays in shipping for the DDM. That is mostly due to the fact that DDM was backorder 3 weeks on them and that the price went down so the orders piled up. DDM orders are shipped from oldest order to newest order to be fair with everyone.

Volt and Xtreme kits ship within 24 hours as their distributor do a better job at keeping inventories and don't have to deal with Chinese Holidays.

Also, there's a lot of forums that we have to deal with but I'm here every business days answering PMs since I do in fact have a LGT myself.

So if you have a question PM me here with your name and I'll get you an answer. That I can assure you.

Oliver

I finally got mine yesterday- I got the smaller ballasts even though I ordered the bigger ones. Came in an unmarked black box. Ordered 55w too, but nowhere does it say whether or not these are 35w or 55w. :/

I installed everything anyway tho (too excited to wait). Work great, and so far 0 issues with only one side lighting up, and they stay turned on through cranking the engine.

UPDATE: I just went outside and measured they were 2.5" x 3.495". I'm pretty sure I got the 35w ballasts. ugh!

you know, I have the same issue - smaller ballasts -same size as yours. Non-descript black box, only writing is H7 4500K on an internal white box. were we cheated ?

I think we got the 55 W though. These are clearly 35W as identified, they are more square than ours - which are more rectangular. It states on their website that the 55w are 1 cm longer. After i superimposed my ballast over this image, it seems 1 cm too short. So we may have the proper part.

Are you happy with yours you say ? Please read my thread...what did you do with the black part ?

yhst-15912447027353_2028_83996.jpg.355c47a3f54c43355800d82f6c02fee1.jpg

I'm feeling cheated. Granted the slim one's were $15 more than the normal sized ones, but that's not the point.

The one white box that did have writing on it said HID h7, then there's an obvious tear where the rest of the sticker was removed.

Either way, I ordered a 55w kit, and got 35w.

---

Ahh, you edited your post before I finished writing.

I just went out and took a picture of one of the ballasts (attached). Pardon the blurriness, but It's clear enough to see it and the measurement. If the 35w ballasts are supposed to be 2.5 x 3.5" and the 55w are supposed to be 1cm longer that should be about 3.8" which this clearly is not.

So far I have both the black plastic thing and the clear back to the bulb case still on. I just stufed 'em in (ran out of time), and was going to break 'em off today.

DSC04939.thumb.jpg.dad5c499ae9c70feb1f8ba1ba43bebc6.jpg

you know, I have the same issue - smaller ballasts -same size as yours. Non-descript black box, only writing is H7 4500K on an internal white box. were we cheated ?

I think we got the 55 W though. These are clearly 35W as identified, they are more square than ours - which are more rectangular. It states on their website that the 55w are 1 cm longer. After i superimposed my ballast over this image, it seems 1 cm too short. So we may have the proper part.

Are you happy with yours you say ? Please read my thread...what did you do with the black part ?

35W ballast: http://www.xenonexpert.com/images/ddm_comparo2.jpg

55W ballast: http://www.xenonexpert.com/images/ddm_55w_2.jpg

Oliver

Looks good, but more importantly, do you like it from a driver's perspective?

-- edited -- misread your post.

Love it from a drivers perspective! It's amazing the difference they make compared to the regular halogens.

Seriously considering a set for the fogs now. They look so dull below the hid setup.

-- edited -- misread your post.

Love it from a drivers perspective! It's amazing the difference they make compared to the regular halogens.

Seriously considering a set for the fogs now. They look so dull below the hid setup.

Same here. For a while today, while looking at the lights in daylight, it seemed to me that the right one is burning less bright than the left one. it seems on the wall it is shining just as much though. At least for now.

My fogs (Narva +55) are still visible but barely and just to the side of the car.

Same here. For a while today, while looking at the lights in daylight, it seemed to me that the right one is burning less bright than the left one. it seems on the wall it is shining just as much though. At least for now.

My fogs (Narva +55) are still visible but barely and just to the side of the car.

During the day, they don't appear to be super bright to me. It's in the dark that the difference is noticeable. When you were looking at your lights and one seemed brighter then the other, did you try adjusting where you were standing? If I stand up at a certain distance, one is noticeably brighter then the other, but if I kind of squat down they even out. I think that is just the angle of the aim from the projectors.

If you think they are bright now, try the fogs, too. ;) They throw way more light then any bulb I tried before...it really is like having a second set of headlights.

Glad you guys like them, though. As long as they last a while, I think it's a good investment. Only time will tell on that, though.

akscooby, i seen in your previous post in this thread that you have the 55w in your fogs too. Any issues?

Also, was an additional harness also used for the fogs?

Thanks.

I've had no issues at all with the fogs. I did use an additional harness, though many people don't and seem to do fine without it.

Archived