LegacyGT.com

DDM HID KITS Wtf??

Vwown3d

i had 35 watt, went to 55watts now, 40% more output, never going back. as far as the diff between ddm and apex-size, higher quality insides to handle less heat disapation for the smaller ballast on the DDM. read up on this more on the bimmer link i posted on pg 1, straight from DDM tuning.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we are the ones selling DDM/Apexcone here as well as higher end kits, I can tell you that you'll be able to get the same price from us later in the day on DDM.

We have the same warehouse as DDM so when they run out we do also. DDM and us share the same warehouse to cut cost.

Now, that being said. Here's the plus and minus of that kit.

Plus:

- inexpensive to buy

- 55W available.

Cons:

- Average reliability compared to kits using Japanese parts which are way more reliable

- Shipping fees are not covered for warranty issues. So you pay shipping back and forth each time you'll have to replace a part.

So if you want to go cheap, it's a good solution. Just don't expect a 55$ kit lasting you without issues as long as Japanese made kits that are better made using better parts.

I'm not saying DDM is bad. I'm just saying that people should have realistic expectations. This is not an Xtreme or Volt kit. It's almost the price of 2 halogen blue bulbs so if you want cheap HID that's perfect. If you expect to not have trouble within 2 years then this is not the kit for you.

Oliver

Kinda disappointed with the lack of communication from ddmtuning on the status of the kits being sent out. Emailed 'em twice, heard nothing back.

On their site it says they will have 35w kits in stock on nov 4 (today) but not mention of the 55w kits.

Anyone else had better luck? Maybe I'm just too impatient.

I have the 07 JDM legacy headlights that were built for HID bulbs and are made for the OEM D2S size bulbs.

Isnt the beam pattern backwards on the JDM headlights? How did you fix it?

^ n00bs below this line

Kinda disappointed with the lack of communication from ddmtuning on the status of the kits being sent out. Emailed 'em twice, heard nothing back.

On their site it says they will have 35w kits in stock on nov 4 (today) but not mention of the 55w kits.

If they can't tell you I can :)

55W are in stock

Have you tried calling them up? I've always had better luck with any vendor by just talking to them, and had no issues with ddmtuning on the phone. Someone always answered, and a real person, too. :)

Oliver, do you sell Apexcone ? I too regret for not ordering from you...but I am looking for the fog kit and would like to offer you my business. I would like to keep both kits the same for interchangeable parts.

Also, is it ok to run 55Watt in our fog lights ?

So if you want to go cheap, it's a good solution. Just don't expect a 55$ kit lasting you without issues as long as Japanese made kits that are better made using better parts.

I'm not saying DDM is bad. I'm just saying that people should have realistic expectations. This is not an Xtreme or Volt kit. It's almost the price of 2 halogen blue bulbs so if you want cheap HID that's perfect. If you expect to not have trouble within 2 years then this is not the kit for you.

Oliver

But arent DDM lifetime warranty (at least the ones i bought from you) so we shouldnt really have to worry about trouble as we can get replacements from you/Apex/DDM/?

^^^AFAIK...if something in your DDM kit breaks, you are charged $17 to get the new part, plus the shipping fee of sending the broken part back to them.

If you are told you have a defective ballast, and send that defective ballast back to DDM for testing and DDM says it works properly, they will charge you an additional $10 to get your ballast back.

^^^AFAIK...if something in your DDM kit breaks, you are charged $17 to get the new part, plus the shipping fee of sending the broken part back to them.

If you are told you have a defective ballast, and send that defective ballast back to DDM for testing and DDM says it works properly, they will charge you an additional $10 to get your ballast back.

Correct. DDM/Apexcone charge for shipping both ways to keep the price of kits low. They replace the part if it's defective but charge shipping.

Oliver

Oliver, do you sell Apexcone ? I too regret for not ordering from you...but I am looking for the fog kit and would like to offer you my business. I would like to keep both kits the same for interchangeable parts.

Also, is it ok to run 55Watt in our fog lights ?

Apexcone is DDM. Let me rephrase that. Apexcone owns DDM which is their brand. Apexcone is the same kit as DDM.

Oliver

So here's a question: If a DDM bulb goes bad, but the ballast appears ok, can you replace it with, for example, a Volt bulb? Basically, can you upgrade your bulbs assuming the ballasts function correctly?

You can but why not go for a Volt kit right away?

Archived