LegacyGT.com

6000k *Japanese* VOLT HID Review

alaskajoel

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to bump this. Had the problems with my OEM lows going out every 3 months. Previous owner disable the DRL so it was time to go HID. Ordered the Volt kit and after 3 months or so of it sitting on my work bench, waiting for my bulb to go out again I finally got it installed. Light output is excellent. It's getting colder here in MD so I'll keep you posted on any issues or if they go trouble free (hopefully).

You're a patient man waiting all this time before installing them. The good thing is that now you have them installed and you can enjoy HID. Reliability is excellent like mentioned and if you need us I'm here :)

Xenon expert would have to tell you when I purchased mine seems like 3-5 years ago and never had a problem. Rock Solid

Glad you still enjoy them and the trouble free usage they provide after all these years. Thanks for the feedback ;)

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll tell you what the Volt has that the Ultrafire hasn't:

1- Anti-UV Philips quartz glass HID bulbs to prevent UV damage from the inside plastic of headlights. Referred to as hazing.

2- Japanese parts vs. Chinese parts

3- Vastly superior reliability.

4- If something goes wrong with a volt kit, we send you the new part. That's it. No paying for returning the bad part, waiting for tests, long downtime etc...That's how reliable the kit is and why we can do this.

can you do just the ballasts as a pair so I can supply my own bulbs or relays? What would cost be for that?

Parts are always more expensive relatively speaking than when you go for a whole kit. A volt ballast is $40. So $80 + shipping while a kit is $120 with free shipping.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived