LegacyGT.com

6000k *Japanese* VOLT HID Review

alaskajoel

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just installed these last night. Easy install and they worked right the first time. Now I just need to do some wire and ballast tucking to clean up my 15 minute install:lol:. Unbelievable results for the price!
Let's kick this pig!

Just installed these last night. Easy install and they worked right the first time. Now I just need to do some wire and ballast tucking to clean up my 15 minute install:lol:. Unbelievable results for the price!

Glad you like them!...Great kit and the price makes this deal unbeatable.

Post some pics! ;)

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...
I'd use some of that welding goop you can buy or something like that, though. Steel wool is really flammable (seriously, try it). I have some in my survival kit for starting fires with. Don't think I'd want that in my headlights.

I'd use some of that welding goop you can buy or something like that, though. Steel wool is really flammable (seriously, try it). I have some in my survival kit for starting fires with. Don't think I'd want that in my headlights.

Dryer lint works great for survival kits as well and its FREE! Dont put it in your headlights though ;)

[/Dryer lint works great for survival kits as well and its FREE! Dont put it in your headlights though ;)QUOTE]

lol...true on both counts. Birch bark is also a fee second-step fire starter. Natural oils and it burns fairly hot and long. I wouldn't put that in my headlights, either, though.

It's a moderate day, I may go play with the squirrel spotters and see if I can access them just through the cap. I don't have the quiksteel yet, but it'd be good to know where I'm trying to get it.

• 5 months later...

i've used the volt kit for three months now and today was the first time only one light fired up :(

but turning off the lights and clicking them back on they both fired no problem. hopefully this was a one time thing :)

I've had one of my bulbs replaced with the volt HID kit and overall I'm very satisfied. However I noticed that if you leave the headlights on before you start the car, the light does not always turn on. Flicking the switch off and on always fixes it though.

I know it's not good to leave the lights on, but it's neigh impossible to convince my wife to do it every time.

Is there a solution/fix? Is this normal and should I be concerned?

Archived