LegacyGT.com

Perrin Selling TMICs for $499!

TPLGT

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
our economy is in the shitter and the wholesale cost on producing them probably has always been around $300 :lol:

I've always figured the cost of production was magnitudes lower than what they sell them for. obscene how much you can charge versus the production cost.

guess thats business, though...if people will pay they'll charge it...

If it's facutal, maybe they might lower the price a little more later on?

That's gonna be a gamble....Even FMIC's are cheaper....

DANG!! I feel like this is life/death situation for me!! LOL

"To Credit or Not to Credit..." :)

Is this factual or speculatory?

That is completely speculatory on my part, but based in the reality of the times. My suspicion is that you're going to see a lot more of these types of cost-cutting behaviors and even see some well-known vendors in the not too distant future (especially if "parts" are their only revenue generation) go under and close their doors.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

That is completely speculatory on my part, but based in the reality of the times. My suspicion is that you're going to see a lot more of these types of cost-cutting behaviors and even see some well-known vendors in the not too distant future (especially if "parts" are their only revenue generation) go under and close their doors.

I agree. Remember, car nuts who are into the modding stuff like the majority of us here are only a very small fraction of all car owners. Modifying takes a back seat in a poor economy.

I have a steady job that's not economy based, so I say bring on the discounts! :hide:

I have a steady job that's not economy based, so I say bring on the discounts! :hide:

Must be one of those "gubment" jobs... that Obama... (no - that would be too far off-topic) :rolleyes:

Would like to see Perrin drop the prices on their other bits as well.

BTW - I ordered one of these last week, as a stop-gap measure until I can get my larger turbo and FMIC on, but haven't heard anything from them about shipping. Anyone else order one and get shipping info?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Must be one of those "gubment" jobs...

Yeah kinda, I work as a consultant to the City of New York on a large, seven year long construction project. Hello job security. :lol:

I'm thinking that....

...the price is dropping because it's the same TMIC that the WRX uses and they are getting a higher volume of sales. Since they don't have to do research and design for a TMIC on a WRX they are passing the savings onto the consumers.

I just got off the phone with Jeff Perrin, from what he says, they acidentally ordered too many ICs to fabbed on their last order. Also, they are trying to clear out some extra inventory before the end of the year (tax reasons).

You should also know that this will NOT LAST, he said once this order is sold out, the prices will go back to normal. So if you plan on buying one, better make it quick.

GL,

Ben

Must be one of those "gubment" jobs... that Obama... (no - that would be too far off-topic) :rolleyes:

Would like to see Perrin drop the prices on their other bits as well.

BTW - I ordered one of these last week, as a stop-gap measure until I can get my larger turbo and FMIC on, but haven't heard anything from them about shipping. Anyone else order one and get shipping info?

Yeah its been 2 days. Im really thinking of calling and canceling order and then buying a FMIC from 5-star.

F***ing-A! This is too good! I was going to stay stock till I paid the car off.

Just an FYI, this is not worth it unless you are at least stage 2 ;)

Just an FYI, this is not worth it unless you are at least stage 2 ;)

I know. I was just going to jump to stage 2 plus the IC.

So as of now it's between going stage 2 and buying a track bike; 2002 CBR954RR.

Archived