LegacyGT.com

Perrin Selling TMICs for $499!

TPLGT

I see what you're saying, but I feel like it would impact them in a negative way if they made an add-on that took away from how well the product performs. so in that sense, I feel like it would be heat neutral. I believe there are paints out there that have no effect on heat transfer...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it were really an issue, radiators wouldn't be black.

I was always told that the reason radiators were black was to keep the temps constant (heat retained) in the American market. You'll notice that today's Japanese radiators are all plain aluminum without coating, similar to the OEM intercooler and AC condensor. All of the racing radiators (including WRC) are all plain aluminum. Perrin probably wanted a way to differentiate their product and coated it... without much thought given to the temperature consequences. Dunno...???

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The 500 hp Evo I used to work on had a silver front mount for a long time and then one day we decided to paint it black with a couple white teeth. We were also worried about temp increases with the color change and found no noticeable difference in a plain aluminium intercooler versus a black one. I think it would only really make a difference if the IC was in direct sunlight or something and even then I think the difference would be negligable.
^ n00bs below this line

You should really look at the Perrin FMIC sounds like they have worked out all the bugs and you can find them from vendors on here for $1200.

Wow a vendor on here has already lowered his prices on the tmic Perrin to under $500 and the Perrin FMIC is just over 1k.

Wow a vendor on here has already lowered his prices on the tmic Perrin to under $500 and the Perrin FMIC is just over 1k.

which vendor? Who wants to buy a brand new limited edition black Perrin intercooler :lol:

I couldn't say no to this deal..... just ordered mine from Perrin in black for $522, how can you not buy it????

Awsome Regal, good call. ;)

Time for a new tune!!!! :lol:

Werd. You COULD install it without a new tune, but from what I hear it's not advisable. Might as well just well until you get the dough for a tune. I LOVE my perrin TMIC. Such a difference! :)

Archived