LegacyGT.com

Installed Cobb Sways Yesterday - Review and installation summary

JoeFromPA

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, i actually have no idea what to expect. heck i think the stocker legacy now is great. :p it was a major upgrade to cars i've owned in the past. hmm. yeah. no need to say more.

WHAT. it's NOT gonna be transformed into a Lotus 760Li EXIGE?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

i demand my money back now!! :spin::lol:

lol....ok, first off, downwardly revise your expectations. You want to be pleasantly surprised, not hoping for a car witht he comfort of a 7-series and the handling of a lotus.

:lol: anythings better than the way it is...i wonder if i can get this all done in 4 hours?

awsome, just awsome, the install went ok besides for the 2 hours i spent stripping out the front end inks lol...it actually took me real long for this install but everything fit perfect, car rides like a DREAM, so nice it doesnt feel like a boat anymore, def recommend this set to anyone and thekingofparts was awsome it took 1 day to ship!

awsome, just awsome, the install went ok besides for the 2 hours i spent stripping out the front end inks lol...it actually took me real long for this install but everything fit perfect, car rides like a DREAM, so nice it doesnt feel like a boat anymore, def recommend this set to anyone and thekingofparts was awsome it took 1 day to ship!

nice. i didn't know the legacy felt like "a boat" tho. :confused:

i guess i'll just have to wait and see....

bars arriving today, install is tomorrow. can't wait. gonna be (unfortunately) doing lots of driving this week so i'll have my noob review then.

Did you get your rear reinforcements on?

^^^ Trust me DO NOT skip them!!! I'm ordering my front bar today, I've been running the Cobb rear for a while now, cant wait.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

I skipped them due to problems with their installation (probably my fault).

Been almost a month now and no problems yet. I'll get them installed ASAP, but I just don't have a local, easy to access mechanic I trust. Hell, I did my own oil change this morning at 7:30 AM when it was 27 degrees out.

Joe

I skipped them due to problems with their installation (probably my fault).

Been almost a month now and no problems yet. I'll get them installed ASAP, but I just don't have a local, easy to access mechanic I trust. Hell, I did my own oil change this morning at 7:30 AM when it was 27 degrees out.

Joe

ya i got them on, you just have to be exact with the 3 peices lining them up (the sway bar, the bracket enforcement, and the bracket). It took me a real long time for this install so set aside time, just in case you run into problems...the manual they sent was for a wrx or something but it was almost exactly the same, which peice could you not get on the part that connects to the 19mm bolt? you have to slide the round metal peice in first(cirlce peice from the car) then the bolt. thats prolly why it didnt work, i almost didnt know that either it looks like it wouldnt work unless you go in that order...

i test drove the car with just the front and it felt real good, then when the rear was on, its perfect...if your not looking into lowering ur car, this is the way to go, i have pics of the differences in sway bars on my phone ill try to upload them tonight if i have time.

ya i got them on, you just have to be exact with the 3 peices lining them up (the sway bar, the bracket enforcement, and the bracket). It took me a real long time for this install so set aside time, just in case you run into problems...the manual they sent was for a wrx or something but it was almost exactly the same, which peice could you not get on the part that connects to the 19mm bolt? you have to slide the round metal peice in first(cirlce peice from the car) then the bolt. thats prolly why it didnt work, i almost didnt know that either it looks like it wouldnt work unless you go in that order...

i test drove the car with just the front and it felt real good, then when the rear was on, its perfect...if your not looking into lowering ur car, this is the way to go, i have pics of the differences in sway bars on my phone ill try to upload them tonight if i have time.

:icon_bigg <--- that's me right now.

so, i got the f/r cobbs installed this afternoon. fastrack in peabody if anyone cares. was recommended by another member to me for a general service shop. $77 and 1.5 hours later i'm happy as a clam. oh yeah, the mechanic also had trouble with the rear. :lol: now i'm definitely glad i got it "professionally" done. reinforcement brackets were installed so i'm happy with that.

as soon as i drove out of the parking lot, i could feel the difference. it was undeniably noticeable. car just felt *solid.* heck, maybe the stock LGT was/is a boat after all. anyway, i got to drive about 30 miles back to work, and then home. i really felt like i could just point the car where i wanted without any trouble.

imo stock the car felt like it had too much understeer and now it feels more neutral. i definitely see myself getting the rear to come out if i really wanted to push it. and yeah, this is how the car should have come, now seeing the difference for myself.

i have more driving to do over thanksgiving and making a trip down to nyc as well. maybe i'll take the merritt pkwy? :)

:wub:

oh, i installed the cobb license plate bracket myself :p

:icon_bigg <--- that's me right now.

so, i got the f/r cobbs installed this afternoon. fastrack in peabody if anyone cares. was recommended by another member to me for a general service shop. $77 and 1.5 hours later i'm happy as a clam. oh yeah, the mechanic also had trouble with the rear. :lol: now i'm definitely glad i got it "professionally" done. reinforcement brackets were installed so i'm happy with that.

as soon as i drove out of the parking lot, i could feel the difference. it was undeniably noticeable. car just felt *solid.* heck, maybe the stock LGT was/is a boat after all. anyway, i got to drive about 30 miles back to work, and then home. i really felt like i could just point the car where i wanted without any trouble.

imo stock the car felt like it had too much understeer and now it feels more neutral. i definitely see myself getting the rear to come out if i really wanted to push it. and yeah, this is how the car should have come, now seeing the difference for myself.

i have more driving to do over thanksgiving and making a trip down to nyc as well. maybe i'll take the merritt pkwy? :)

:wub:

oh, i installed the cobb license plate bracket myself :p

See now you cant say you didn't do anything :lol:, anyways im probably looking to get f/r sways heard real good things about cobb but it sucks that they no longer make them. I'd rather get new ones or else I would get cobb? any suggestions? Man so many things to do to this car so little money.

I thought I heard that cobb stopped making the sway bars but there still on the site. I could of swore someone said they were discontinued, teaches me to look before I post.

i am personally unaware that cobb stopped making the sways. they are still up on the cobb site, unless they are really discontinued and just trying to get rid of existing stock. i got mine from the KOP, and they arrived in 2 days after my order.

i read some of the posts regarding the sways. i didn't want to do one at a time, since it's not THAT much more to get both and if i was going to get one installed, i might as well do it all at once. i guess if it was spring i would have done them myself, but it is highly likely i would have screwed up on the rear and wind up going to a shop anyway :lol:

for my daily driving this is probably one of the best upgrades for the money. i can really take those corners in the target parking lot now! :p

Thank you mrjk77 I think this will be my first mod to my LGT. Does any website sell the cobb sways for cheaper than the cobb website, not really alot of money to begin with but with everything I want to do to the car every little bit counts. Stay safe in those parking lots :lol::lol:

I guess christmas will be coming early this year!

i don't believe that any vendor can sell cobb products cheaper than cobb. unless you use subaru bucks or have some vendor-specific coupon, then it's all the same, price-wise. $380 from cobb v. $380 from 5-star (KOP). see links:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=2451

http://www.5-starperformance.com/servlet/the-982/Cobb-Tuning-Legacy-GT/Detail

i pm'd jeremy (KOP) directly about this. got free shipping and great service. plus it's not coming far from PA to MA (or NY in your case) v. coming from Utah where i think cobb is located.

and i wasn't expecting the license plate bracket, so that was nice when i got the sways.

christmas definitely came early. :)

be safe around bayside, sunnyside, flushing, etc.

the license plate bracket makes ALL the difference. gives the rear end so much more balance and powerz. there is definitely a +1 hp gain with the bracket on. :lol:

anyway, two things. for those still looking for cobb f/r bars, a vendor (rallitek) here is having 10% off through the end of december:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100877

http://www.rallitek.com/cotuswbarset.html

both are $342! not sure about shipping tho...

second, my noob review update: drove 400 miles over the weekend and everything is still great. changing lanes at highway speeds, low-speed cornering around the city, and anything else that involves using that steering wheel is really enjoyable.

its going to be interesting when snow finally hits....

anyway...happy post thanksgiving food coma! :spin:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived