LegacyGT.com

Installed Cobb Sways Yesterday - Review and installation summary

JoeFromPA

^^^King of parts, brother. Free shipping. Cobb does not let vendors discount their parts. I have done a bunch of research. The Cobb set is a great deal as it comes with the reinforcement brackets.
Rehab is for quitters.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what i understand, the bilsteins will properly damp the car. Can't wait to see your review.

I just received the sways today. I have been wrestling with adding rear, aftermarket endlinks (Cobbs or KBs). IYO, are they needed?

I will not be autoXing the car and will just drive it spiritedly. I have read that some swap them out and some leave the stockers. Any take on this? Thanks in advance.

Rehab is for quitters.

I just received the sways today. I have been wrestling with adding rear, aftermarket endlinks (Cobbs or KBs). IYO, are they needed?

I will not be autoXing the car and will just drive it spiritedly. I have read that some swap them out and some leave the stockers. Any take on this? Thanks in advance.

would like to know this as well, think im going to order mine this week.

put them on a few months ago and I will never go back, the onlyproblem I had was Cobb sent the wrong gushing for the rear after they overnighted the correct part the install went perfect.

The install manual was not quite correct there where some differences between the 05 model they did the install on and my 06, but nothing major.

This is the way the car should come from the factory. YOU HEAR THAT SOA

just installed mine...granted i have a lift at my job and my own air tools and what not (im a honda technician). Only thing i suggest for the rear is to leave everything hand tight before you tighten 100% including the big 19mm bolts for the rear diff

The angles WOULD NOT line up. I finally quit cause my body was shaking so badly and I was getting cold and tired. A peanut butter sandwich, glass of milk, and I was ready to go again.

:lol:

i'd love to do this install myself, but my wife will probably look out the window and be like "wtf is he doing sticking his head under the car, weird guy."

plus, it got cold and my hands would be numb in like 3 minutes.

:(

Dude, the rear sway so was sooooo frustrating. I really need to get the rear reinforcements installed though. It's worth $50 now to prevent one of those rear end mounting points from failing, though I don't think my wife drives hard enough to cause that.

Joe

Dude, the rear sway so was sooooo frustrating. I really need to get the rear reinforcements installed though. It's worth $50 now to prevent one of those rear end mounting points from failing, though I don't think my wife drives hard enough to cause that.

Joe

based on your review and reading the cobb install guide, yeah, sounds like a big 'ol PITA.

i can't imagine the install will cost me very much and i've contacted a local place that should be able to do the job right w/reinforcement brackets and fast...i'm guessing less than 30 min?

wooo...i'll finally have something to write here that's worthwhile. :lol:

look out for my review in a week!!! :p

jeff

edit: just got a quote for $77 for 1 hr..

Mrjk1 - I'd say a fair shop installation cost would be $100 honestly, for both front and rear. I'm not saying that's the best price....but I'd say 30 minutes for the front and maybe 30-45 minutes for the rear. This is including the time it takes to get the car up on the lift, get the right tools, support the rear diff, grease the bushings, etc.

My local Subaru shop quoted me like $140-160....so I decided to do it myself. If I had to do it all over, I would've done the front myself (which I thought would be the hard part) and paid for the rear to get installed. The front was a piece of cake, aside from taking off the H-Brace and it's 14-bazillion bolts and then re-attaching the front plastic under-dam. The rear just wasn't happy for me.

Joe

Mrjk1 - I'd say a fair shop installation cost would be $100 honestly, for both front and rear. I'm not saying that's the best price....but I'd say 30 minutes for the front and maybe 30-45 minutes for the rear. This is including the time it takes to get the car up on the lift, get the right tools, support the rear diff, grease the bushings, etc.

My local Subaru shop quoted me like $140-160....so I decided to do it myself. If I had to do it all over, I would've done the front myself (which I thought would be the hard part) and paid for the rear to get installed. The front was a piece of cake, aside from taking off the H-Brace and it's 14-bazillion bolts and then re-attaching the front plastic under-dam. The rear just wasn't happy for me.

Joe

I ended up bringing my car to the dealer...$140 OTD. Well worth it for me. I dropped off the car, picked up the loaner and picked up my car as good as new.

the sways are dynamite! They did thorough job! The feel is sooo much better. It feels more deliberate and solid. I was doing 90 in the highway today and it felt solid. Very pleased!

Rehab is for quitters.

well i dont have a dealership that know the difference between a sway bar and a piston, so i will be doing it myself lol...KOP is shipping tomarrow so when i get them and do the install ill let you guys know how the transaction went as well as the install....i cant wait!

Archived