LegacyGT.com

BoostJunkie please help...

lordeldor

I hate to be negative to a vendor here. Especially when I have next to no posts. I also don't fault BJ for the quality of the part I recieved. I do however have a small issue with the lack of communication over the past several weeks.

Just to be completely transparent here I want to describe the situation. I ordered a MR DP from him, and recieved the piece as quickly as hurricane Ike allowed me to. Once I recieved the package I inspected the part thoroughly because I know Megan has had some quality control issues in the past. Sure enough there was a flaw that makes the part uninstallable.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj25/lordeldor/IMG_0092.jpg

You can see light coming through the weld in this image.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj25/lordeldor/IMG_0095.jpg

This is my light source.

I pm'd BJ, and explained the situation. I also told him I was unsure wether or not I should just go get it fixed at a muffler shop. He agreed that would be a quick fix, but also told me that I could return the item for a replacement. He even offered to eat shipping himself!! That was above, and beyond what I expected. After some deliberation I decided I wanted to return it for a replacement because if I got it repaired, and then there were fitment issues I didn't know how easily I would be able to get it replaced. So I pmed him to ask for an address to return the part to.

I never recieved a response, and it has been almost a month since I pm'd him asking for an address to send the item to. I know he has been a stand up guy in the past, and there is a possibilty he has not recieved my pm. So I am only posting to see if I can get a response this way.

So please BJ pm me the address to ship to if you see this.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Any after pics?

Not at the moment. I can probably get some before the install day though. Sadly the only camera I have is my cellphone so it may be hard to see. (Same reason I decided to take pics of the light coming through the hole in the weld instead of just the hole)

Boost Junkie, whats the deal with that man? Ever since you built that car, I've been hearing bad things about your customer service. :iam:

This guy had to spend more money out of his pocket to get a deffective product fixed, how is that OK with you?

just seems like everyone that has done buisness with BJ has had no luck in reaching him. instead post's like this end up being made. if attempts have been made to contact the seller/vendor, and has had no luck in doing so, a temp ban ( in order to find out what is going on, and to get the situation handled ) ought to be in store for his future.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Although I am disappointed in the lack of communication I am not trying to push anyone to have any misgivings about BJ's presence on this forum. I was offered the opportunity to return the item for a replacement, and I believe he was sincere in that offer. Again the last thing I wanted was to call someone out, and make them look bad. I will say if someone wants to be a vendor it should be simple to find things like phone numbers and shipping addresses for that person. Other than that I have no hard feelings, and wish him well with his ventures. However having said that I will also say that any future plans for my car will exclude purchasing parts from him, or Megan Racing. I should have known that Megan Racing had low quality parts accross the board rather than believe for one second it might just be their Honda parts.

MR is crap, period.

And what did you expect starting a thread that says he hasn't responded to you, of course it is going to make him look bad.

It's not just you, there are a handful of threads like this saying that BJ hasn't returned calls and/or PMs and has had bad customer service period. Don't worry, this is just one bad transaction of many that he has been involved in.

In the future, spend a few extra dollars and get quality goods. ;)

BoostJunkie, anything you'd like to add? :munch:

alot of people like to suck BJ's nut but many have had bad service, i almost had to do a charge back cause all pm's stopped soon as he got his money.

im sure hes gonna chime with fists flying but ill never do business with him again...

BJ you seem like a nice guy but RE: sevice not so much...

In the future, spend a few extra dollars and get quality goods. ;)

Point taken. I agree making it public does put some stink on him.

As for the extra dollars. You sir are a mind reader. I intend on shelling out for quality parts from here on out.

I'd wager a temp ban or revoking his vendor status would wake his ass up
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I'm shock!! I have always been told that MR makes "high quality products" not like those "cheap Chinese knock offs". Next your going to tell me there is no Santa, Easter Bunny or Unicorns!
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived