LegacyGT.com

Legacy Meet in Nagano, Japan

Seeing those photos opened my mind to new mods for the Outback. Dammit. I want to know how that white Outback got so low? Legacy coilovers? Airbags?

Also I noticed a lot of those Legacy owners have Audi Envy. Big time use of replica wheels including RS6, A8L, and Lambos. I've thought about the same since they come in 5X100 but I wasn't sure about the offset. Nice to see it can be done and look very smooth. The other Audi Envy move of adding chrome window trim is unique but something tells me that an up close view would be disappointing.

Oh, just noticed two more Audi Envy mods. A5 LED bumper lighting and Audi front bumper chrome grill trim...very clever

thanks for sharing! Colin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No wicked big meet?!!:eek: WTF happened?

That was always a Subaru mainstay.

i know ive gone the past few years even before i was a subaru owner...

im not exactly sure the whole story this year it was supposed to be in the end of sept. on wachusett mt. but it got canceled i think due to lack of vendor support but again im not sure..:spin:

all i know is now on nesioc the only thing mentioned is suggestions for 2009 wicked big meet... it made looking at pictures of this and subifest very dissapointing for us here in the north east..

man we get the short end of the stick here with mods..

how did that guy "blue" the inside of his headlight like that?

We get the boring looking bumpers, a stock grill.. and some stick on headlight eyebrows.. and they get all that?

its downright maddening.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

JDM DIY lip for Spec B bumper :)

http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/08_news_images/0810_leg_meet/IMG_7480.jpg

I like those headlights, I might do something like that when I finally clear them. Oh, and what hood is this??: http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/08_news_images/0810_leg_meet/IMG_7483.jpg

These cars are nice, but I think in general JDM modding scene is more about show, not go. No car respecting ethusiast would slam their Legacy like some of these cars in the pics.

These cars are nice, but I think in general JDM modding scene is more about show, not go.

+1. An unfortunate truth about the japanese mod scene is that its more about visual than performance. I suppose we could argue many of the poor taste mods that exist here originate there.

well we know the blue-chrome headlights are not stock.. so I'm curious how it was done..maybesomeone could do it with black chrome andit'd look cool

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

[quote=darkfox1;2109176

well we know the blue-chrome headlights are not stock.. so I'm curious how it was done..maybesomeone could do it with black chrome andit'd look cool

actually they are. at least to some degree. i am in japan now and i can tell you that there are BL5's and BP5's that have the blue hue to the headlights and at first i thought the same but there was an old man driving a new BP5 and it was like that. The car was bone stock so know they are stock headlights!

We have the libral bumpers in stock in the US

04-06

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=266_3_118&products_id=562

07-08

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=266_238_261&products_id=563

We also have the used JDM bumper beam sets as a option.

Thanks Ross Wilson

www.avoturboworld.com

These cars are nice, but I think in general JDM modding scene is more about show, not go. No car respecting ethusiast would slam their Legacy like some of these cars in the pics.

+1 definatly agree to that, we do live in a material world...

the blue headlights on particular JDM models are stock due to them being the spec. B model. (no sarcasm or spec. B joke here, i'm serious)

otherwise, standard models should get either the stock lights or HID option.

*rushes off to save pictures*

In fact most of the cutting edge "car scenes" have more show than go mods than the USA. The euros are the same and they look to us to demonstrate the potential in power mods for cars.

I think historically the US hot rod scene pioneered the more power mentality. Unfortunately the US auto makers don't offer many cars anymore that have potential for power mods and at the same time the import scene grew and grew.

Generally now we have a good mixture of modded cars in the US. You have your giant lifted trucks, your quick imports, monster HP Cadillacs and Mercedes (who would have predicted that), classics, lowriders, etc

You bet that I think we have the best car scene in the world but I love getting influences from other nations. I :wub: the photos that have been posted

I agree. Great part of why the U.S. has a great car enthusiast scene is affordability. Nowhere else cars, parts and fuel are that cheap. The only things that sucks are clueless driving population, absurdly low speed limits and corrupt insurance/police mafia.

I agree. Great part of why the U.S. has a great car enthusiast scene is affordability. Nowhere else cars, parts and fuel are that cheap. The only things that sucks are clueless driving population, absurdly low speed limits and corrupt insurance/police mafia.

I was going to mention cost as well but I didn't want to ramble on how US has always had cheap fuel so they don't mind smoking tires and building high HP monsters that get 2mpg. :lol:

Man we have it made compared to some of the euro countries with driving rules. When they inspect cars over there they seriously look at the modifications done to them and will prevent you from driving your car! I'm all for emissions standards but I'm glad inspections don't check for non-DOT or "off-road only" modifications. :eek:

I'm not for emissions inspections.. big brother is watching YOU!

screw that.

I'm glad I live in GA with some of the more lax requirements.. if any in some parts of the state. unfortunately the asshats in atlanta have some propaganda going about it and have inspections for you to get a tag.. but its nothing special.

:lol:

Riiight, because there's no ricing of Japanese imports going on in the USA... the nasioc Rice thread has about a million photos in it.;)

That's such horse shit I can smell it from here. Just because you don't have any curved roads in the US doesn't mean you can dictate other people what to do with their suspension tuning.

Trust me these people know what they are doing. They have enough power to make you embarrassed and added visual mods... that's just a bonus. After all, there isn't big sleeper market here and word rice referrs to food.

Or any other state, with the possible exception of much of the midwest. :)

Most people from Japan who I've seen post in the last 14 years I've been online, have mostly said that roads there are generally smoother than ours. So personally I'd say that's the reason they have an easier time getting away with it.

Which doesn't change the fact that I think it's ugly as hell to slam a car... any car... but now we're getting in to opinion.

Archived