LegacyGT.com

Trade In 08 LGT for New Camaro

so i've been thinking about trading in the Legacy for a new camaro. i've only had my leggy for abou t5 months with only had 4,500 miles on it and it doesn't really have any mods other than a rbs spoiler and tints. i would be opting for the v8 5mt model which should be around 30k as long as the mark up isn't too crazy. i know i will take a hit on the trade in but i feel like its almost worth it. gimme some input guys

Id say its gonna be more around 33-34k not 30. And living in NY it gets pretty snowy, the v8 is also a 6 speed. But in the summer and dry weather believe me you will feel like zeus himself. If you want it really really bad, get it and buy a cheaper beater for winter IMO.

where in queens are you planning to have this camaro? I sure hope you have

a) a garage

b) a beater for winter

c) a large amount of anti depressants for when the first jack a$$ slams into you while parallel parking...

enjoy teh v8!

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

So when are you getting the new camaro? I thought they werent coming out until 2010?

Chevy started taking order as of Monday. It's a MY2010, it will be at the dealers' lot spring of 2009. In another word, about 6 months from now.

I'm in the same boat :( Seriously considering selling. Absolutely adore my Shrek. But, I'm a muscle car, tail wagging guy in heart. I'd be devastated selling which I'd have to do to get the Camaro (SS of course) :) Geez... what to do... Want the Camaro real bad
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Geez... what to do... Want the Camaro real bad

You trade me your car for my car (straight swap) cause the dealership doesnt really like aftermarket parts all that much anyways, and then you trade in my car (which would then be your car) for the camaro SS, and everyone is happy... :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

You trade me your car for my car (straight swap) cause the dealership doesnt really like aftermarket parts all that much anyways, and then you trade in my car (which would then be your car) for the camaro SS, and everyone is happy... :)

:lol: True that! I would never have the time or patience to tear down my car. I know it's not in tradeable condition and I wouldn't give it to a stealership anyway. I'd sell it, as I'd have to, personally first.

I ponder this every day and read Autoblog intensely - confused :confused:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Damn...

Executor beat me to it... I'd much rather have your shrek B. Or at least some of your mods, and your red leather interior.

If I were to unfortunately lose my current Legacy, I would probably just get another Legacy GT or Spec B. I like the red interior on the 06 Spec B, but I like the aux-in stereo, folding rear seats, and 6MT from the '07 Spec B...

I saw a ruby red Legacy non-turbo at the dealer last sunday, and it isn't bad... and the '09 Spec B comes in that color, now...

But I would buy any of those Legacys over a Camaro, I must say. For Camaro money, I would buy a lightly used Spec B, (let someone else take the depreciation hit) and a nice condition SW20 MR2 Turbo for fun. I have a nefarious plan to put a built twin-turbo EG33 SVX engine and a porsche transaxle into an MR2 coupe... What Camaro? :D

Damn...

(let someone else take the depreciation hit) :D

Ummm... that would be me.... $32K > likely $20 - $21K I estimate. Only 11K miles and in superb condition. What to do... :cool: Torn...

lol... Yes, I'm quick like that ;)

But yea, I'd love a very similar modded legacy for sure. I'm not too worried about the aux input and all that though as I have a carputer project going in and the JL Cleansweep already.

I have contemplated getting the G8 rather than keeping the LGT, but every time I think about it, it doesnt really make sense. The G8 is rear wheel drive, which is a lot of fun, but its not good for when I move to Colorado. The G8 has more mod potential, but I could just mod my LGT really nicely and save myself some money that way... The stereo in my LGT is much nicer (aftermarket setup) and I wouldnt be able to tollerate the stocker/premium in the G8... And there's no way I could go for a Camaro SS with those things in mind and the fact I need the 4 doors for future planning and to keep peace with the lady unit. lol

But, if you've got the interest in the camaro, its a great looking car and probably has some pretty good potential, but then you lose the sleeper factor and then every ricer on earth will wanna race ya. lol

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

i would never trade my legacy for a new camaro..

but if i was to spend $30,000 on some american muscle id find myself an old chevelle ss that needs some work and build it..

that being said i love the new camaro.. i think it does the 60s muscle generation justice unlike the new gto,charger,mustang..

they say imitation is the highest form of flattery.. but i dont want imitation i want the real thing

i would never trade my legacy for a new camaro..

but if i was to spend $30,000 on some american muscle id find myself an old chevelle ss that needs some work and build it..

that being said i love the new camaro.. i think it does the 60s muscle generation justice unlike the new gto,charger,mustang..

they say imitation is the highest form of flattery.. but i dont want imitation i want the real thing

Well, that's you ain't it? ;)

Why not? $30K or so is not unusual today for any new car let alone a modern, IRS, FI, relatively efficient 6MT, pretty good looking and relatively well built car.

Whoever said a modern Camaro = an old school Chevelle SS, GTO tri-power, GSx, Superbird, Galaxy, etc, etc.??? Not me. Those cars have their places and I'm a huge fan. I've been through old school and 80's muscle cars and love them. However, I wouldn't use any of those as a DD or ever lump them in the same category as the new Camaro. It's not meant to me a 100% imitation of a 1stGen Camaro. That car is simply an aesthetic inspiration and nothing more. If they wanted the other option, they could have simply re-tooled and spat out a '67 Camaro - done. That wasn't and isn't the goal.

:cool:

And do you want a cookie or something for this?

Yes actually oatmeal raisin if possible. I personally dont think you can call yourself and import or domestic guy until you have actually owned an import or domestic actually worth talking about.:rolleyes:

Archived