LegacyGT.com

I am done with my legacy---time to move on

Long story short since buying my 05 legacy (used with 17,000 on it) it has been in the shop almost every 3 months for something wrong. Squueking driver seat, breaking door handles, sway bar bushings, wheel bearings, struts, and this past weekend it looks like a cracked coil. The car has 45,000 on it and I have 3 years left to pay on it, before the the car nickle and dimes me to death I need to get away from it.I am a gentle driver, I treat my car like a baby--it gets a bath a week whether it needs it or not. I have had it dealer serviced on all the correct mileages and my car just seems to hate me for it------what can I say i am a subie lover but it needs to go away..........

Who is your mechanic? Be careful out there. Some mechanics claim to be able to repair Subarus. There idea of repair is replacing the part you think is broke and not fixing the actual problem.

Sway bar bushings? Door Handles? What was the deal with those?

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

Who is your mechanic? Be careful out there. Some mechanics claim to be able to repair Subarus. There idea of repair is replacing the part you think is broke and not fixing the actual problem.

Yeah seriously, the mechanic could be taking you for a ride with those parts. I have never heard of broken door handles. Sway bar bushings? Unless you live in salt infested areas and abuse the ride maybe.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

My mechanic has been the dealership.

Sway bar bushing---the car had a horrible squaking noise when going over any type of bumps. When I finally told them to check the bushings (after 3 times to the shop with them finding nothing) they told me they could see day light around them--upon replacement the squaking went away. Door handle---went to open my rear passenger door to here parts falling apart in side and the door not opening. Brought it in and the piece which connects the handle to the latch mechanism broke in half. Subaru out of the kindness of their heart repalced this one for me --- but only after 3 phone calls because i didnt want to pay 300 dollars for a thier painted part that failed. The car is a POS and needs to go i have treated it with complete TLC and my wallet cant handle it anymore.

Could be a flood car. But seriously the sway bar bushings occasionally need lithium grease if you live in a snow prone area.

I changed my oil at evry 3000 and have had them greased, at least according to the dealer. Greasing the Squaking noise caused by them was their fix until 3 days later when the grease oozed out and it came right back.

Guest heightsgtltd
yeah sorry to hear this, but it seems to be the exception to the rule. The majority of us have had little to no issues, and the ones that have come up are not serious

daylight through the bushings? sounds like swapped sway bars before the prev owner traded in. cause the bushings for aftermarket bars are larger diam, and possibly car abusing kids take their toll on door handles? been there on my honda prelude, nissan sentra, maxima, chev impala...............

good luck finding a car that wont break. german cars, ha!

lots of weird problems there.

I had a bad wheel bearing at around 16k miles, man was it annoying!

my driver seat is beginning to slide froward/back when I slow/accelerate but this happens with all power seats in time as I've found so I dont worry about it.

wish I could be of more assistance to you, I agree with the others, who knows how it was treated before you got it. Chances are not very good.

I often worry about that with my car. I bought my car with nearly 400 miles on it "new".. I guarantee you it wasn't being broken in during that time.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Long story short since buying my 05 legacy (used with 17,000 on it) it has been in the shop almost every 3 months for something wrong. Squueking driver seat, breaking door handles, sway bar bushings, wheel bearings, struts, and this past weekend it looks like a cracked coil. The car has 45,000 on it and I have 3 years left to pay on it, before the the car nickle and dimes me to death I need to get away from it.I am a gentle driver, I treat my car like a baby--it gets a bath a week whether it needs it or not. I have had it dealer serviced on all the correct mileages and my car just seems to hate me for it------what can I say i am a subie lover but it needs to go away..........
Did you buy it from a used car dealer? The problems you are having make it sound like it had a LOT more miles on it than what showed. Wheel bearings seldom go bad much under 100,000 miles, as one example. Ditto sway bar bushings and seat problems. I think you may have gotten ripped.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Did you buy it from a used car dealer? The problems you are having make it sound like it had a LOT more miles on it than what showed. Wheel bearings seldom go bad much under 100,000 miles, as one example. Ditto sway bar bushings and seat problems. I think you may have gotten ripped.

Nope I bought it from the #1 subaru dealer in RI.

well, if it were me and my car was having all these problems.. I would get them fixed, and trade it in to a dealer that hasnt been doing the work.

I agree with you, I love my LGT but if it were like that I wouldn't be able to stand it. Getting to work and back comes before fun.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived