LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome (CLOSED)

DarkLegacy

So now all car reviews are marketing conspiracies?

Fine. It was a rave conspiracy. You know, as opposed to a mixed conspiracy. Not the run of the mill "good and bad" mixed conspiracy either. This was a "good and great" conspiracy.

Tricksy bastards.

I didn't say all car reviews are marketing conspiracies. I said that the magazines' car of the year awards are as much driven by getting advertising revenue to the magazine as much as anything else.'

Good lord, me saying the BRZ isn't the hottest sh*t on wheels sure has twisted a few of your tails. Sorry. Didn't mean to dis a sacred car. :lol:

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't say all car reviews are marketing conspiracies. I said that the magazines' car of the year awards are as much driven by getting advertising revenue to the magazine as much as anything else.'

Good lord, me saying the BRZ isn't the hottest sh*t on wheels sure has twisted a few of your tails. Sorry. Didn't mean to dis a sacred car. :lol:

We've already established that our take on how well the BRZ reviews is actually the same. We just had to work through redefining almost every word you used... followed shortly by throwing reviews out the window all together.

My tail is always twisted btw. Hence the username. :D

Lol, well you can think whatever you want, but I think it's safe to say that when you take all the reviews into account (at least all the reviews I've read), the car is not "a good car, but just not a great car." That's all I was saying, lol.

Oh? Where did you read a bad review about the BRZ?

Not to start an arguement but, the link to a Motor Trend review was not an all out rave.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/long-term-tests/test-car-intro-2013-subaru-brz-1

There also was a Brit who just has an internet site. He liked the Renault Clio 6 much better. More power, cheaper price, I doubt available in the US and, I am sure a crappier car.

To the old man's point, these are the only 2 (well, 1.5) exceptions I am aware of.

Not to start an arguement but, the link to a Motor Trend review was not an all out rave.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/long-term-tests/test-car-intro-2013-subaru-brz-1

There also was a Brit who just has an internet site. He liked the Renault Clio 6 much better. More power, cheaper price, I doubt available in the US and, I am sure a crappier car.

To the old man's point, these are the only 2 (well, 1.5) exceptions I am aware of.

That Clio comparison used the automatic BRZ vs a manual Clio - not really a fair comparison. I'm sure they wanted the Clio to win, so they handicapped the BRZ.

Not really "awesome." More like "insane." I didn't know where else to post it though.

I maintain that the guy in the passenger seat has bigger balls than the guy driving.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZIp4ftTshk]BMW M5 "NeedForDrive.com" Street Drift # 1 Full Video, Driver - Giorgi Tevzadze(NeedForDrive Team) - YouTube[/ame]

Archived