LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome (CLOSED)

DarkLegacy

How do you feel about the BRZ?

Isn't that the 2 door coupe built with Toyota? If so, from what I've read it doesn't have a lot of electronic intervention. I've read mixed reviews of it, but it's good looking, has sufficient power, rwd.

Kinda like the modern version of the 240SX.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst cars in the world Christmas special of top gear reviewed the Toyota variant of it.

Clarkson tracked it and mentioned, though it lacked power, the bicycle tire wheels made for a fun drive, due to the lack of grip and light weight of the car.

http://www.bbcshop.com/top-gear-store/top-gear-the-worst-car-in-the-history-of-the-world-blu-ray/invt/2ebd0214/

Winning the internet

The worst cars in the world Christmas special of top gear reviewed the Toyota variant of it.

Clarkson tracked it and mentioned, though it lacked power, the bicycle tire wheels made for a fun drive, due to the lack of grip and light weight of the car.

http://www.bbcshop.com/top-gear-store/top-gear-the-worst-car-in-the-history-of-the-world-blu-ray/invt/2ebd0214/

That's pretty much every review. Underpowered, still a favorite. "Driver's car" gets mentioned more than a lot.

i thought the brz/frn was touted as the starting point for modders? they set up a good foundation with "room to build" for enthusiasts. there was one out last time i went to track nite, it definitely wasnt stock and it was fairly impressive. the car was a sponsored car tho, not a street amateur. it had full wrap graphics and all, looked silly.

I tried one out at the dealership when I was buying my new Legacy....perfect car if you have latent "Boy racer" tendencies and are no more than 5'6" tall....at 6'1" it was a real test just getting in and out. Reminded me of a Miata with a coupe body :(

I tried one out at the dealership when I was buying my new Legacy....perfect car if you have latent "Boy racer" tendencies and are no more than 5'6" tall....at 6'1" it was a real test just getting in and out. Reminded me of a Miata with a coupe body :(

I fit in a BRZ much better than one would imagine and I'm 6'7". I've even autocrossed a FR-S with my helmet on, although that was tough.

Wasn't the Toyota variant (GT-86) Clarkson's car of the year?! Is there much/any difference between it and the BRZ?

Crap, Clarkson nominated the 4th Gen for car of the year. I like my car but it' not THAT good. That kinda takes the shine off Clarkson's opinion for me.

Then again, I'm not a Subie fan. I wouldn't be caught dead in any of their current (non-BRZ) products. I just like the 4th Gen LGT.

Isn't that the 2 door coupe built with Toyota?

You have been living under a rock.

I've read mixed reviews of it

You are terribly misinformed.

from what I've read, it certainly hasn't gotten rave reviews. A good car, but just not a great car.

Refer to my previous two statements.

I consider car of the year to be a way to get more advertising from that car maker.

So now all car reviews are marketing conspiracies?

Fine. It was a rave conspiracy. You know, as opposed to a mixed conspiracy. Not the run of the mill "good and bad" mixed conspiracy either. This was a "good and great" conspiracy.

Tricksy bastards.

Has it really been argued? I mean it either wins car of the year awards or it doesn't. It's not subjective.

Well maybe not this exact "car of the year" arguement, but there is always a BRZ sucks/is awesome thread somewhere on the forum at any given time.

Archived