LegacyGT.com

Viper ACR runs the Ring in 7:22

Its really getting crazy at the Ring...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-viper-acr-sets-unofficial-nurburgring-lap-record.html

...and the lines between street car and race car are blurred even further.

direct link to the video on Motor Trend: http://www.motortrend.com/av/features/112_0811_2009_dodge_viper_acr_nurburgring_record_video/index.html

What gets me is that the driver missed 3rd twice (went into 5th) and he left it in 4th for the long straight. I mean everything I've read says Vipers are brutes to drive, but it kinda makes me question his experience in the car. Will it go faster!?!

Maybe, but when you have 8.2 liters of retarded level grunt on hand downshifting is optional. In fact it might waste time you could be using to transfer power to the wheels and just let that axe murderer of an engine push out the taller gear because it can.:wub:

I like how he kept bumping off the rev limiter for like 5 seconds at a time...OUCH.

Was that what was causing the shifter to rattle at times?:confused:

I only watch about four minutes.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Maybe, but when you have 8.2 liters of retarded level grunt on hand downshifting is optional. In fact it might waste time you could be using to transfer power to the wheels and just let that axe murderer of an engine push out the taller gear because it can.:wub:

Yes, the engine is beastly but you can still hear it bog down each time he goes into 5th instead of 3rd. I don't think there is any car that can pull hard enough in 5th to justify a 2 - 5 skip shift in a timed event!

It also looked like the lateral gs were pushing the shifter over on fast turns. :confused:

Was that what was causing the shifter to rattle at times?:confused:

I only watch about four minutes.

Yep!

In the first 10 seconds he bumps the rev limiter for about 2 seconds..then on a long sweeper towrads the middle of the vid, he just bounced the whole way through.

Archived