LegacyGT.com

A new trick ricers found....

...to force you into playing their stupid game???

I was driving normally on an almost deserted highway on cruise control at a speed that was slightly higher than average traffic. I was on the left lane because I was approaching a tiburon that was driving at least 10 mph slower than me on the right lane.

Then, for absolutely no apparent reason, he changed lane and went in front of me. He didn't cut me off or anything, I wasn't very close to him when he did it but there was absolutely no car in front of him so I was wondering why he would do this.

So I get off cruise control, slow down at his speed as I get closer to him and flash my headlights twice, a polite way to tell him to get out of the way. But he stays in the left lane. So I concluded that whatever he's doing, he won't get out of the way so I just said "screw this" and passed him on the right (yeah I know I'm not supposed to do this). I didn't downshifted or anything, I just accelerated on the 5th gear enough to make sure that I wouldn't spend too much time passing that idiot from the right and then re-engaged the cruise control and slown down to my original cruising speed. As I passed him I saw that it was some teenage guy with his GF.

When I finished passing him and went back to my normal cruising speed, I noticed that the guy actually accelerated when I was passing him because he was now going faster than my cruising speed and then he went back to his original cruising speed.

I personally think that street racing is completely stupid and dangerous for everyone and never (willingly?) street raced. But now I'm wondering: Did that guy tried to "race" me or what?

...to force you into playing their stupid game???

I was driving normally on an almost deserted highway on cruise control at a speed that was slightly higher than average traffic. I was on the left lane because I was approaching a tiburon that was driving at least 10 mph slower than me on the right lane.

Then, for absolutely no apparent reason, he changed lane and went in front of me. He didn't cut me off or anything, I wasn't very close to him when he did it but there was absolutely no car in front of him so I was wondering why he would do this.

So I get off cruise control, slow down at his speed as I get closer to him and flash my headlights twice, a polite way to tell him to get out of the way. But he stays in the left lane. So I concluded that whatever he's doing, he won't get out of the way so I just said "screw this" and passed him on the right (yeah I know I'm not supposed to do this). I didn't downshifted or anything, I just accelerated on the 5th gear enough to make sure that I wouldn't spend too much time passing that idiot from the right and then re-engaged the cruise control and slown down to my original cruising speed. As I passed him I saw that it was some teenage guy with his GF.

When I finished passing him and went back to my normal cruising speed, I noticed that the guy actually accelerated when I was passing him because he was now going faster than my cruising speed and then he went back to his original cruising speed.

I personally think that street racing is completely stupid and dangerous for everyone and never (willingly?) street raced. But now I'm wondering: Did that guy tried to "race" me or what?

do what i do...full boost till 100. that puts a big ass lead on all those clowns. had one a couple days ago that wanted to tailgate for no reason. after i did that they got out of the carpool and hid with the rest of traffic. never saw that car again.

anyways...i get mostly old ass adults that wanna do stuff. dunno why...

I have no qualms about passing on the right. If someone is passing on the right, it's the person being passed who deserves the ticket. At least those are the laws in my area, your laws may vary, but if they do, they're dumb. :)

I have no qualms about passing on the right. If someone is passing on the right, it's the person being passed who deserves the ticket. At least those are the laws in my area, your laws may vary, but if they do, they're dumb. :)

same here...

the other day is asome grayed haired idiot in a gen or 2 ago taurus who changed into my lane (i was in the left he in the right) as i was getting close so i start going into the right lane as he is staddling both. he then cuts back over to the right as soon as i got fully over then i went back to the left and he stayed in the right lane and as i went by his head was jerkign cause he was laughing...

ricers? uh...no...pathetic old grayed haired 50 years olds...commonly...yes. more common than any other "group" of idiots. grown women are a distant second.

In So Cal passing on the right is normal as the sky is blue. I pass on the right all the time. When people are going slow in the fast lane I don't sweat it, I just put on my right blinker on and pass. That simple.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

...or anywhere in the northeastern Megalopolis. Oh heck - anywhere in the US.

It is often illegal, but necessary.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Live in LA for a year and tell me you still won't pass on the right. I will give you a cookie if you last 2 months. :lol:

:whore:

too many idiot drivers who drive 65mph in the fast lane and dont move when all the other lanes (sometimes 4) are going faster than him.

Or in some cases ... a mexican road block. Sooo annoying when u get 2 to 3 cars occupying every damn lane going like 65mph.

This is when you blow his girl friend a kiss as you go screaming by in the right lane.

If he catches up to you again, have your cardboard sign ready that says

"I'll race you for your girl's pink parts"

This happened to me 3 or 4 times on the expressway. People just going 70 in the passing lane, (which is the speed limit) but when I'm doing 75 and they don't feel the need to get over (after I'm right behind them for a little while) you just have to pass on the right.

haha happens to me all the time.

I was really impressed in San Jose as everyone stayed out of the left lane unless they really were passing. Right lane was pretty much for turns and middle was for normal driving.

I also loved that you could U turn at every light. I bet that would cut down on the left lane being so slow a lot.

I was cruising along at the speed limit in the snow one time and got cut off as I was about to pass somebody. I went to pass him on the right and he cut me off again. Back to the left lane, cut off again. Stupid Sheriff.

I'd rather pass on the right instead of tailgate. I don't tailgate and I hate it when someone tailgates me when I'm already going 10 over in the slow lane and they can easily pass me on the left. If they continue to tailgate when they can go around I almost always cover them in water and they either slam on there brakes or pass me.

Piss poor lane etiquette makes driving dangerous. I refuse to pass on the right. Ask anyone who has driven lots in Europe about how much less stressful keeping right except to pass makes driving.

I guess you're stuck in left lane, while I zip by the traffic in right lane which is usually wide open (on 3 lane roadways). :lol:

Well, truth is I hate passing on right, but usually there is no choice. I turn the blinker on... sometimes they move over. I flash the high beams as last resort, or from far away, like 100 meters - flashing from further away is very effective. Flashing them up close often pisses LLBs though.

And finally sometimes I get on my Stebel suite of horns....

I'd rather pass on the right instead of tailgate. I don't tailgate and I hate it when someone tailgates me when I'm already going 10 over in the slow lane and they can easily pass me on the left. If they continue to tailgate when they can go around I almost always cover them in water and they either slam on there brakes or pass me.

+1 Taligating sucks.

I was really impressed in San Jose as everyone stayed out of the left lane unless they really were passing. Right lane was pretty much for turns and middle was for normal driving.

Which is f****ing retarded. :rolleyes: I hate middle lane hogs. Someone did research and 40% of highway bandwidth is wasted due to middle lane hogs. They make left lane blockers... well left lane blockers.

Most of the world got it right - you drive far right and move left to pass - or let traffic from right merge - and move right back as soon as possible. Lane changes don't hurt. American mobile appliance operators apparently think so.

There is a positive side as I mentioned earlier... on 3 lane roadways you get all these morons packed bumper to bumper on left and middle lanes, leave the right lane for passing...

In some places, like Gothenburg, Sweden the right lane may branch away at some intersections and re-appear after the intersection so there it's a good idea to keep the right lane free.

And if there are a lot of traffic entering/exiting the highway it's also a good idea to keep a lower traffic density in the right lane, so it's not completely retarded to run the middle lane.

But I really like the amount of lanes there are outside Nashua. I would consider it to be "sufficient" for almost any traffic situation bound to happen there!

453747.png

Archived