LegacyGT.com

DIY Rear Tail Tint 20$

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yesterday afternoon after work i got bored and decided to pull out the window film and give myself something to do. i tinted the rear bumper lower reflectors, side mirror markers, and foglights. if i had more time i probably woulda done the headlights too. my only issue is that the foglights get warm after being on for a bit and the film seemed to heat up slightly. will i run into any problems running my fogs with the film over them? i hope not cuz the fogs look kinda purplish when they are on and it looks pretty cool. also if i apply the film to the headlights will i also experience the heat issue that i'm getting from the fogs?

overall the tails, reflectors, side markers and fogs all look good with the tint. i wanted to see what the headlights would look like but i'm not sure how i would like it.

yesterday afternoon after work i got bored and decided to pull out the window film and give myself something to do. i tinted the rear bumper lower reflectors, side mirror markers, and foglights. if i had more time i probably woulda done the headlights too. my only issue is that the foglights get warm after being on for a bit and the film seemed to heat up slightly. will i run into any problems running my fogs with the film over them? i hope not cuz the fogs look kinda purplish when they are on and it looks pretty cool. also if i apply the film to the headlights will i also experience the heat issue that i'm getting from the fogs?

overall the tails, reflectors, side markers and fogs all look good with the tint. i wanted to see what the headlights would look like but i'm not sure how i would like it.

post your pics

Don't ever tint your headlights.

This is for you man

tinted heads on my s2k

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/rurouni_xgt/IMG_1020.jpghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/rurouni_xgt/IMG_1021.jpghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/rurouni_xgt/IMG_1022.jpghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/rurouni_xgt/IMG_1024.jpg

i would like to take the tails out and wrap the film around then reinstall the tails but i cant get the carpeting out of the truck without breaking the cargo net clips

You have to turn them 90 degrees before they come out.

• 2 weeks later...
I couldnt get the tint to hold on the corners....did you let the application solution dry before cutting?

I just cleaned mine with normal car soap, let it dry, then applied the film. It took me a couple tries to get it flush but it looks pretty good now and isn't peeling. I do think I'm gonna try the other film that Rshaw suggested though because the tint I bought is a little dark for me. But just do it like that and you shouldn't have much trouble at all getting it on.

• 5 weeks later...

Yea, I just tried this and had a very hard time getting the tint to stay in the upper corner (towards the trunk) to stay. I ended up giving up and ripping it off because it was peeling off in like 5 minutes.

So you're saying that you DIDN'T use the application spray on the tail light and just put the film on the light dry? Also, did you guys wrap it around the corner edges, or cut it flat so it doesn't wrap around?

Good thing I have plenty of film left over, lol. It's a huge roll :)

"This is an adventure."

mine did peel on a few of the corner after about a month. washing didn't help much either. i used the applicator spray and it stuck ok. when i get time i am gonna remove the light assembly and wrap it around the back, hopefully it will be a little permanant

mine did peel on a few of the corner after about a month. washing didn't help much either. i used the applicator spray and it stuck ok. when i get time i am gonna remove the light assembly and wrap it around the back, hopefully it will be a little permanant

Mines are still holding strong

Archived