LegacyGT.com

DIY Rear Tail Tint 20$

I think if you didn't use alcohol to clean the lights first it will not stick. The adhesive is like a dry type adhesive that you must use the application kit (soap and water) to get it to activate. You can't put too much of that on. Keep it wet to squeegee the bubbles out. If a bubble stays after it has dried use the razor blade to slit the bubble and press it down. While it is wet it will move around so you can position it if you need to. You might want to know how I know this? I work at the factory that dyes and applies the adhesive to the film. If you use automotive tint (advance auto, autozone etc.) then you can cut it larger and use a hair dryer to "shape" it. This type needs this done so it won't shrink after it is applied. By shaping you lay the film on whatever you are applying it to, liner side against the light, and heat it to shape it. House type tint ( lowe's, home depot etc.) doesn't shrink like the auto tint does. If applied properly the tint is difficult to get off but not impossible. Tape is a good idea to put around the edges till it dries. Another trick to get the liner separated from the tint is to put 2 pieces of tape on a corner on either side and then pull apart. Hope this helps.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived