LegacyGT.com

Whats your wideband solution?

PeterJMC

I'm not saying there is anything wrong, but my PLX NEVER reads "steady" AFRs. Whether it is at idle OR WOT the AFR is always, always, moving one way or the other to a larger or smaller degree.

And I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your tune, but 10.8?? Under any conditions??

Well I got it retuned recently with OS and an LM-1 in the tailpipe. I'm still catted. At WOT the LM-1 read 11.2 while my LC-1 read 10.8.

Yup mines changes state by a few 1/10ths in close loop and WOT.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Innovate is perfect for the person who likes a lot of voodoo, lots of wiring that doesn't make any sense and annoying rituals ;)

fits perfectly with the rest of my car

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• 1 month later...

Does the AP, or ATRace, have support for PLX built in?

PLX doesn't like to share their serial protocol, so if Cobb doesn't support PLX today then I wouldn't bet on them supporting PLX ever. Innovate and Zeitronix don't have that problem, though.

PLX doesn't like to share their serial protocol, so if Cobb doesn't support PLX today then I wouldn't bet on them supporting PLX ever. Innovate and Zeitronix don't have that problem, though.

Cobb and PLX combined to integrate the M-300USB with ST, which works perfectly.

I have PLX SM-AFR (with DM-100 gauge). Works with Cobb ST fine, except I am not sure how to make it display afr on the gauge and in ST simultaneously. Supposedly a mini-jack Y-splitter cable works, but didn't have opportunity to try.

• 3 weeks later...
You saw where I put mine. I just slapped it in the top half of the glovebox. I thought about mounting the button and LED between the gauges in the face of my cubby pod, but haven't managed to get it done yet. Honestly, I rarely look at the LED anymore and only use the button when the sensor is removed from the pipe for a reset, so I'll probably just leave it in the glovebox.
Let's kick this pig!

• 2 weeks later...

ATR has support for PLX M-300 USB AFR Meter.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

• 3 months later...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/c0lbyj/VEIGauges.jpg

Innovative LC-1 w/ db red gauge run the serial port cable through the other hole to datalog wideband.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to install the PLX SM-AFR soon. After reading the installation instructions (yes people still read those) it says that the sensor should be mounted before the converter and at the least 24 inches downstream from the engine or turbo. Also, it says that the sensor element will fail if exposed to exhaust gasses above 850 Celsius (1562 Fahrenheit). I have a Cobb downpipe which has a bung a few inches away from the turbo.

So do the experts here feel it's safe to mount it in the Cobb bung hole or mount it further down stream of the pipe?

Archived