LegacyGT.com

VT meet, July 27.

jamiesong

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey on another note, is any one going to be at either of the concerts at the waterfront this weekend? Grace Potter on Saturday and The Derek Trucks Band on Sunday ... both are awesome musicians and obviously some great beer will be flowing too. I'll be there for all three.

On NYtoVT's note... Does anyone know how much something like that would run to convert... I speak only because I unfortunately have an 5EAT as most of you know... "One of these kids is not like the other... " Some of you might be too young to know where that is from... but I digress... Signed... the old guy!

i'm sending it out on friday to andrewtech to get minimal dollar for it :/, need the money to pay for new one, too much inventory of old parts. speaking of which, anybody need a new clutch/fly combo?

Is that the stock clutch and flywheel?

I get the strangest thing happening 200 or so miles after a few clutch dumps on dry pavement ... in 5th at about 2200 if I floor it, WOT, the clutch will slip for 2-3secs. before hitting 70-80mph.

My first thought was that the clutch was irreparable damaged, but then I read on here somewhere that the stock clutch is organic and has some level of self healing properties.

Thoughts?

No way is that the stock clutch/flywheel... not with the power levels he was at before. Likely he got a new setup because of the 6spd.

In terms of your issue, I'd never heard of an organic "healing" itself, I'd keep an eye on it to see if it gets any worse, but you've probably still got some time left on it.

No way is that the stock clutch/flywheel... not with the power levels he was at before. Likely he got a new setup because of the 6spd.

That's what I figured considering the baby eating turbo that he's got! Hence my interest!

surprisingly I'm still on my stock clutch and have yet to have it slip. I do have a brand new ACT clutch and flywheel sitting in my garage waiting to be installed...a few more trips to napierville should do the trick.
2005 LGT w/ dom. 3 + meth - Sold.

Archived