LegacyGT.com

09 GT (MOD) or 09 SPEC B

ProHobo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say you buy the GT, and give the rest to me for my helpful advice! :p

edit: In all honesty, they're both good cars, but it depends on what you're looking for. The spec has the nav, etc which is a love it/leave it type of option. Personally, I love my GT and can't see having a spec.

Guest boosted08
um id have a spec b because your know your different people will be like o what do you drive, your reply would be o a spec b, their reply huh?

If you plan on modding your car get the GT and mod with the money you saved.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

if you plan on 400+ whp, Spec B since the GT's 5MT is not very reliable at that power level and a 6MT swap is expensive.

I don't think he really looking to go 400+whp. That's alot of modding. I have a 20g, external wastgates, APS hard inlet, TGV deletes,FMIC , Pordrive EBCS, TBE, X-over, TBE, Etc.. and I only hoping to get 320whp on pump gas. After that if I add a bigger turbo and/or meth I could be near 400. But with my setup I should be in the 12 sec 1/4 mi and that's good enough for me. A lot of people are fine running up around 375whp. Plus if he wants to go 400+ he would be better off rebuilding his motor for that. Just figure out what you plan on doing with the car and pick the car that's the best fit for your plans and budget.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I say get the spec b. For the extra 4k or so that you spend you can't add oem nav, 6spd, vdc, lsd or 18" wheels/tires.

Unless you're buying it outright in cash, you're not going to realize any significant savings to use for other parts.

um id have a spec b because your know your different people will be like o what do you drive, your reply would be o a spec b, their reply huh?

I'm sorry - I just had to laugh at this statement. That sentence structure is horribly, horribly awful. :redface:

I say get the spec b. For the extra 4k or so that you spend you can't add oem nav, 6spd, vdc, lsd or 18" wheels/tires.

Unless you're buying it outright in cash, you're not going to realize any significant savings to use for other parts.

definately. I traded my 06 5mt gt for an 08 specb mainly because I didnt like the 5mt and loved the 6speed. I wish they would offer 2 specb's, the one we have now and one with the mods that we all want (springs,sways,wider rims/tires, brakes.....please god do the brakes). Even if I modded the gt and got all the power/handling I wanted; at the end of the day I just wouldn't have enjoyed driving the 5mt.

Well - I have a DG GT 09 on order (no deposit). I am going to check it out as soon as it gets in (maybe today).

For me - one of the big downsides of the Spec B. are those inserts in the seat. I haven't sat in one (just look through the window at a 08 a few months back) and it looks like cloth or velore. Not something I am too keen on. I know it sounds stupid - but I would rather have a FULL LEATHER seat instead of some cloth insert.

The NAV is nice, so is the 6 speed and suspension. As someone said (maybe a different thread) that should already be standard on the GT (which seems what Canada is doing now - no more GTs).

However - I think the tires and wheels blow - I would change them out (regardless of Spec B or GT) - we can all debate about the look of the wheels. But the tires (by anyone's standard) are really not that great for summer performance. (well on the GT anyway they blow - the Spec B is better - but not what they probably should be).

I am not looking for 400 whp, rather just a very solid performance car (what the word GT should mean - not just leather seats and a turbo). That would mean for me - sway bar, springs/struts, wheels/tires, and t-back exhaust with AP.

My expected upgrades would be limited to:

GT = sway bar, springs/struts, wheels/tires, and t-back exhaust with AP.

Spec B (for starters) = wheels/tires, AP

I guess it comes down to the NAV, VDC, Suspension.

The downside (those stupid inserts in the seat - I haven't sat in them - but from looking - not a fan).

Any thoughts about VDC?

(note: This is going to be a WRX 04 trade-in and Cash, no financiing)

I would prefer all leather too. I liked the perforated leather in the 07 GT I had prior to the 08 Spec b.

The problem with the leather is you slide around a lot easier. The alcantra inserts are meant to keep you in place while you're whipping around in the car. I do like the memory seat in the Spec B. though. http://www.alcantara.com/en_US/

I don't have any experience with VDC previous to Subaru, but so far my opinion is you can push the car pretty hard with it even in rain without worrying too much.

Aside from the nav, upgraded suspension and 6spd you get a beefier rear diff with a lsd. With all that and the wheels/tires being better, I think it makes sense to get the spec b. as you can't add all that to a GT on your own for the same price.

If you're paying cash though and don't need all those options, you can get a GT with 5spd and then make it faster with stage 2 for less money than you'll spend on the spec b.

Well - I have a DG GT 09 on order (no deposit). I am going to check it out as soon as it gets in (maybe today).

For me - one of the big downsides of the Spec B. are those inserts in the seat. I haven't sat in one (just look through the window at a 08 a few months back) and it looks like cloth or velore. Not something I am too keen on. I know it sounds stupid - but I would rather have a FULL LEATHER seat instead of some cloth insert.

The NAV is nice, so is the 6 speed and suspension. As someone said (maybe a different thread) that should already be standard on the GT (which seems what Canada is doing now - no more GTs).

However - I think the tires and wheels blow - I would change them out (regardless of Spec B or GT) - we can all debate about the look of the wheels. But the tires (by anyone's standard) are really not that great for summer performance. (well on the GT anyway they blow - the Spec B is better - but not what they probably should be).

I am not looking for 400 whp, rather just a very solid performance car (what the word GT should mean - not just leather seats and a turbo). That would mean for me - sway bar, springs/struts, wheels/tires, and t-back exhaust with AP.

My expected upgrades would be limited to:

GT = sway bar, springs/struts, wheels/tires, and t-back exhaust with AP.

Spec B (for starters) = wheels/tires, AP

I guess it comes down to the NAV, VDC, Suspension.

The downside (those stupid inserts in the seat - I haven't sat in them - but from looking - not a fan).

Any thoughts about VDC?

(note: This is going to be a WRX 04 trade-in and Cash, no financiing)

You will really like the LGT. I traded in my '04 WRX and got a '05 LGT a year later. It was the best decision I made. The Lgt is smoother,faster, has more potential , quiter, and much better built IMHO.

I LOVE the alcantara inserts in my car. When it's really hot, there's no burning leather to worry about on your legs, and the leather trimming of the seat still makes it look fantastic. Plus no sliding around. Basically it is the best of both worlds of cloth and leather. Also, I like the blue color scheme, thats just a personal preference though.

Archived