LegacyGT.com

09 GT (MOD) or 09 SPEC B

ProHobo

Does the 6 speed shift smoother than the 5? That is the one thing I don't like about the 5MT.

LSD's wear out and need replacement anyway, so I'll upgrade to Torsen then. I may drop an LSD in the front at some point too. Subaru's navigation system doesn't impress me.

You might not be able to. The main reason that the spec.B has the bigger R180 rear end is to accomodate the Torsen diff, which is a bigger package than the viscous diff.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended up with the 09 LGT (DGM) 5-manual.

I am ordering wheels, tires, Cobb short through, sways, and coil-overs. Should be good to go.

I was never interested in the NAV, but wanted the 6 speed, for me (my life style - with 4 year old) the cloth seat inserts were not going to fly. So it was the LGT for me.

Now waiting to move it from stock to better suspension. Engine mods later - suspension and tires are something I can NOT live without - I can wait on the extra power.

the cloth seat inserts were not going to fly. So it was the LGT for me.

Subie Dealer here in Canada told me the 09 has dropped the inserts in favor of all leather. Not sure if its true or if it would apply to US specb.

In any case, congrats on the purchase.:D

Does the 6 speed shift smoother than the 5? That is the one thing I don't like about the 5MT.

IMHO, it's significantly better, at least comparing my '08 Spec.B to the '05 LGT 5MT I had for a couple of years.

Archived