LegacyGT.com

Just bought an AP and now I'm in the dog house

Yes. Lie your ass off. My wife thinks that my new Advan rims were bought off a guy for a couple hundred dollars.

Oh the tangled webs we weave... or pulling the wool over someone's eyes - listening for the familiar whirring of the fan followed by the also familiar splatter as the interior wallcovering begins... ;)

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
suck for you guys the girl I want to marry loves my car, loves cars in general, and fully supports my modding because I pay for it

Oh yeah? well enjoy it while it lasts buddy. My wife was the same way. Every time I'd go WOT/stomp it at a red light she'd wanna climb all over me. Ditto for modding, my money, she didn't have an issue.

Then you get married and the whole perspective changes. There is no "your money" anymore, it's "our money". You can't be driving hot no more y0, cuz now you gotta stay outta trouble. And even if you pool in some of your income and then keep some for your own personal spending, there's always that "but we should save every dime for a new fridge or finish the basement" thing.

My wife is pretty chill as far as modding goes but it's my damn fault for her not liking me going stage 2 because I talked so much about it that I probably blew it out of proportion and she's thinking I'm replacing half a damn engine at 4-figure prices. I told her that Stage 2 is where it stops and I hope to God I can stick to that promise. I also have a separate credit card to which she doesn't have access so my big-dollar Perrin/AVO TMIC I'm looking to buy will sure as shit be hidden on that statement. If she ever sees 500-some bucks for a radiator she'll pop a vein on her brain.

Stay stock, stay happy.

Or

Stay single, stay happy.

suck for you guys the girl I want to marry loves my car, loves cars in general, and fully supports my modding because I pay for it, she even wants to buy me mods, as gifts, when she gets a better job. She surprised me with a big WRC Subaru flag, she secretly took photoshoot pics of my car from my friends computer and made me a big poster that I framed and is now hanging in my room.

uh, where do you meet women like this? Is there a sign up form somewhere? :)

Oh yeah? well enjoy it while it lasts buddy. My wife was the same way. Every time I'd go WOT/stomp it at a red light she'd wanna climb all over me. Ditto for modding, my money, she didn't have an issue.

Then you get married and the whole perspective changes. There is no "your money" anymore, it's "our money". You can't be driving hot no more y0, cuz now you gotta stay outta trouble. And even if you pool in some of your income and then keep some for your own personal spending, there's always that "but we should save every dime for a new fridge or finish the basement" thing.

My wife is pretty chill as far as modding goes but it's my damn fault for her not liking me going stage 2 because I talked so much about it that I probably blew it out of proportion and she's thinking I'm replacing half a damn engine at 4-figure prices. I told her that Stage 2 is where it stops and I hope to God I can stick to that promise. I also have a separate credit card to which she doesn't have access so my big-dollar Perrin/AVO TMIC I'm looking to buy will sure as shit be hidden on that statement. If she ever sees 500-some bucks for a radiator she'll pop a vein on her brain.

Stay stock, stay happy.

Or

Stay single, stay happy.

this guy knows

car for sale. PM me!

Flowers work wonders. And the kissing and making up part makes it even more worth it.

There is a method to my madness.

:)

I just buy hubby something for his car or a vid game. that works too.

except that he knows what it is that I bought and approx how much it costs.... because he likes to read thru the forums to see wtf I decided to buy. ;)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Stay stock, stay happy.

Or

Stay single, stay happy.

and that's not true. the downside, is she could be like me in which case her car will be modded and yours will be stock. :lol: or you get the left over parts when she upgrades.

no, been trying to even out the modding a little more lately. I got him a DP, AP, PDX custom maps, Tein STB... next on the list will be a Cobb CBE since he REALLY wants that one and probably some sways.

then of course.... I get to mod with what I want :D so it evens out. And I am usually the one explaining away why I bought this or that part for the car and how much, how I paid for it, etc. Except I can't give him the BS because he knows exactly what it does and more about it usually. LOL

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

and that's not true. the downside, is she could be like me in which case her car will be modded and yours will be stock. :lol: or you get the left over parts when she upgrades.

no, been trying to even out the modding a little more lately. I got him a DP, AP, PDX custom maps, Tein STB... next on the list will be a Cobb CBE since he REALLY wants that one and probably some sways.

then of course.... I get to mod with what I want :D so it evens out. And I am usually the one explaining away why I bought this or that part for the car and how much, how I paid for it, etc. Except I can't give him the BS because he knows exactly what it does and more about it usually. LOL

im sure half (conservative estimate) of these guys would sell their kids to be your husband. you are an exception, an outlier.

just look how many posts you have on this forum (a lot) vs the amount of posts their wives do (zero)

from what i've seen fishbone is right though.

i've learned a lot about marriage on car forums i've frequented throughout the years. good training. :lol:

car for sale. PM me!

Awesome! :lol:;)

Russian brides is run by the mafia, you import them and then they divorce you after they get their passports and take half your money. Dont do it, I am russian, my family all lives there, and thats exactly how it works, unless the chick feels regretful and actually falls in love.

I use the logic that I'm not lying..... I'm just not telling the whole truth.

I told her about all of my Stage II parts and she was fine with that.

I just didn't tell her about the turbo swap and supporting mods. :rolleyes:

Hate to tell you... but Stage 1 on the 08 aint worth a night on the sofa.

However.... gutting the downpipe for stage 2 is free so make sure you lump that in with another mod.... thats my plan anyway. Your gonna catch hell for going to Stage 2 even if its free so you might as well get a bonus mod out of the fight! OH!! and don't even mention the warranty void thing at all or get it out of the way now while she is still pissed! ;)

BTW... on topic what is the acronym? WAF Wife acceptance factor? Something like that... It's been awhile but I've seen it used on a few car forums

i am not one to offer wife advice as i have no wife, but i imagine this is where a handy skill called "lying" comes in handy.

lying is for suckers...

put the foot down or in their ass. raise the hand and i guarantee things get quiet.

otoh...my gf had np giving me 700$ of her bonus. muahahahaha.

told her there most likely would be modding well before the purchase of the car. so far she loves the xenons and rallitek stage 1 and the hps brake pads and the 960 a/s. she just hates when i drive. it's the neck snapping. got to have a nerdy/smart as hell gf/wife. also...she has to like to drive. i remember the time she took an on ramp too fast in a rented camry and she had 4 wheel drift going on and she was laughing.

lying is for failure imo. no need to lie.

lying is for suckers...

put the foot down or in their ass. raise the hand and i guarantee things get quiet.

otoh...my gf had np giving me 700$ of her bonus. muahahahaha.

told her there most likely would be modding well before the purchase of the car. so far she loves the xenons and rallitek stage 1 and the hps brake pads and the 960 a/s. she just hates when i drive. it's the neck snapping. got to have a nerdy/smart as hell gf/wife. also...she has to like to drive. i remember the time she took an on ramp too fast in a rented camry and she had 4 wheel drift going on and she was laughing.

lying is for failure imo. no need to lie.

:lol:

O RLY

car for sale. PM me!

Lying to your spouse/SO is the LAST thing you want to do. Unless, of course, you are looking to **** up your relationship.

You mention wives or GFs you need to put out some pix.

OK. Here's the wife and I last march on Maui.

http://jsalmi.com/Maui/scaled.Maui028.jpg

Archived