LegacyGT.com

Just bought an AP and now I'm in the dog house

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Richard, you kill me :lol: you always talk like your some kinda big tough guy but then ask if I want to go and get a pedicure when I'm in WA next! :lol: Act big all you want, I bet your GF probably doesn't care if you mod your car. I'm sure she has plenty of other hobbies that you roll your eyes up at when she mentions she wants to spend money on them. It's a give and take relationship for most us.

I know if I want to mod my car, it means I have to also mod his car or I get the "oh, I guess I don't need nice wheels either" "I wanted a racing clutch too, but I guess I don't really need it" "maybe next year I can go stage 2 when you're done with your _______ turbo upgrade" etc.

And though I may laugh and talk shit like the rest of you, there have been times when I have not consulted the approval of the spousal unit and had to go take something back (muttering and complaining all the way). But usually he lets me have whatever I want unless it's something completely outrageous. Then again, I often buy him all kinds of crap for his PS3 (or a PS3 for that matter), car mods, electronics, etc.

naw...i would never hit/abuse a woman. i was assuming you guys knew i was kidding.

our relationship is cool.

back in the day she secretly order my praetorian pc case for my b-day.

i got her flowers when she had a migrain.

it is OUR money and we discuss things all the time. from 5 dollars to 30k for the car.

LIES!:mad::spin:

Troof!:wub:

This whole dialogue cracks me up. Just man up, put it out there and see what happens. :lol: What's the worst that could happen?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Lying leads to being up until 3am 'talking about things'

No, thanks…

yes, and that goes both ways.... :(

When we first got married, I was used to buying whatever I wanted and when I wanted. Then it wasn't about ME but because about WE and US and what will better further both our situations. So, no more ME and YOU, but US, WE, OUR..... I still have a separate account for spending, but that's so I don't OVER SPEND. When he wants something, as long as it's not over $100+ he will just go buy it. We've agreed that if there's something we want that's more than $100, we need to discuss it and make sure it's in the budget before going and spending that money. Usually, it's when we are at the register buying it... :lol: I can't tell him no usually since I'm the one spending all kinds of money on my car, so if he wants to buy a sway bar that's on sale, then so be it. But he usually waits for me to buy it for him since I'll find the time to get a good price and he'll just pay full price. In his case, he just says: "I want a harness for autox" or "I want a strut brace and rear sway bar." Then I go buy those items and leave them on his chair at work.

AP is a pretty expensive item, so I can imagine your other half isn't too happy. I know mine would have been pissed too. But we got him his and he knew I would be getting one but also knows I'll do the research to find one that's a reasonable price. Luckily, Josh from IMPORTIMAGE came through for me so though it was still expensive, it wasn't as expensive as paying full price. Plus, I signed both of us up for protunes with Jarrad from PDX. ;) That pretty much made me golden.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

When we first got married, I was used to buying whatever I wanted and when I wanted. Then it wasn't about ME but because about WE and US and what will better further both our situations. So, no more ME and YOU, but US, WE, OUR..... I still have a separate account for spending, but that's so I don't OVER SPEND. When he wants something, as long as it's not over $100+ he will just go buy it. We've agreed that if there's something we want that's more than $100, we need to discuss it and make sure it's in the budget before going and spending that money. Usually, it's when we are at the register buying it... :lol: I can't tell him no usually since I'm the one spending all kinds of money on my car, so if he wants to buy a sway bar that's on sale, then so be it. But he usually waits for me to buy it for him since I'll find the time to get a good price and he'll just pay full price. In his case, he just says: "I want a harness for autox" or "I want a strut brace and rear sway bar." Then I go buy those items and leave them on his chair at work.

AP is a pretty expensive item, so I can imagine your other half isn't too happy. I know mine would have been pissed too. But we got him his and he knew I would be getting one but also knows I'll do the research to find one that's a reasonable price. Luckily, Josh from IMPORTIMAGE came through for me so though it was still expensive, it wasn't as expensive as paying full price. Plus, I signed both of us up for protunes with Jarrad from PDX. ;) That pretty much made me golden.

this is the automotive enthusiast version of a disney relationship.

car for sale. PM me!

Never tell the wife how much you spent, rather, tell her how much you saved! ;)

exactly...

my fiance doesnt mind it so much cus I save so much!:lol:

she knows my car is moded, hell she wants hers moded!, hell...she's moded:eek::lol:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

um divorce? is auto parts worth more than companionship/relationship?

I'm sorry but if you spend some of your hard earned money on your car, while she spends hers on shoes,purses,dresses, etc, and she threatens to divorce you over that? IMO You shouldnt be together in the first place. If my girlfriend says that, my modding is not going to stop. There are more women than men on this planet, many are single, and many of the singles like cars. You only live life once, I wont settle for someone who doesnt respect my hobbies, and I am not putting my tail between my legs and being a yes man, but thats cause I am Russian, notorious for being stubborn.

Well she got over it pretty fast. We did kiss and make up like I knew we would. I'm off the couch and back in my own bed. :lol:

I installed the AP yesterday and it made a noticeable difference. The slight stutter is gone and the seat of the pants meter indicates that there is definitely more torque.

After being married for 18 years my advice is that lying to your spouse just gets you into more trouble in the long run.

AP is a pretty expensive item, so I can imagine your other half isn't too happy.

I couldn't have said it better for me and my wife :) Glad to know that there is another couple like us out there :p

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

luckily i dont have to deal with that and dont predict having to, ive been with my girlfriend 3+ years and will probably "go all the way" so to speak she understands this is what I do and she likes to shop so we have already talked about each knowing whats reasonable to spend and doing so...

Archived