LegacyGT.com

Just bought an AP and now I'm in the dog house

lol im in the same boat too, moving in a few weeks and the g/f pleaded with me to wait a bit till either after we move or come back from vacation at the end of aug lol

got some parts already on order ;)

and yes they are going to my buddys house

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lying is for suckers...

put the foot down or in their ass. raise the hand and i guarantee things get quiet.

otoh...my gf had np giving me 700$ of her bonus. muahahahaha.

told her there most likely would be modding well before the purchase of the car. so far she loves the xenons and rallitek stage 1 and the hps brake pads and the 960 a/s. she just hates when i drive. it's the neck snapping. got to have a nerdy/smart as hell gf/wife. also...she has to like to drive. i remember the time she took an on ramp too fast in a rented camry and she had 4 wheel drift going on and she was laughing.

lying is for failure imo. no need to lie.

I think i got it, lying is for suckers.... and wife beating is for winners. :orly::munch:

BTW... on topic what is the acronym? WAF Wife acceptance factor? Something like that... It's been awhile but I've seen it used on a few car forums

To be "inclusive" it really should be SOTL - Significant Other Tolerance Level.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

To be "inclusive" it really should be SOTL - Significant Other Tolerance Level.

SBT

oh right, CA same sex marriages!

they started today! on my birthday!

also firefox3 launch day!

i can hardly contain myself.

car for sale. PM me!

Happy Birthday Law. Hope it was a good one.

Yeah, can't wait for all of the implications of the CA's LSSM on future modding discussions...:rolleyes:

SBT

Happy Birthday Law. Hope it was a good one.

Yeah, can't wait for all of the implications of the CA's LSSM on future modding discussions...:rolleyes:

SBT

hmm that bbq is long overdue :lol:

car for sale. PM me!

LMFAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i don't even know how I got into cars... Just one day, I decided I wanted to "personalize" my car... which led to the internet and research which then led to car forums which led to me getting married and then to the subie car forums when I fell in love with the 05 LGT... MMMMM TURBO!

I am a car and electronics geek for sure. I get the geekiness from my father (who used to race cars back in the day- maybe that's where I get my need for speed?).

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

lying is for suckers...

put the foot down or in their ass. raise the hand and i guarantee things get quiet.

otoh...my gf had np giving me 700$ of her bonus. muahahahaha.

told her there most likely would be modding well before the purchase of the car. so far she loves the xenons and rallitek stage 1 and the hps brake pads and the 960 a/s. she just hates when i drive. it's the neck snapping. got to have a nerdy/smart as hell gf/wife. also...she has to like to drive. i remember the time she took an on ramp too fast in a rented camry and she had 4 wheel drift going on and she was laughing.

lying is for failure imo. no need to lie.

Richard, you kill me :lol: you always talk like your some kinda big tough guy but then ask if I want to go and get a pedicure when I'm in WA next! :lol: Act big all you want, I bet your GF probably doesn't care if you mod your car. I'm sure she has plenty of other hobbies that you roll your eyes up at when she mentions she wants to spend money on them. It's a give and take relationship for most us.

I know if I want to mod my car, it means I have to also mod his car or I get the "oh, I guess I don't need nice wheels either" "I wanted a racing clutch too, but I guess I don't really need it" "maybe next year I can go stage 2 when you're done with your _______ turbo upgrade" etc.

And though I may laugh and talk shit like the rest of you, there have been times when I have not consulted the approval of the spousal unit and had to go take something back (muttering and complaining all the way). But usually he lets me have whatever I want unless it's something completely outrageous. Then again, I often buy him all kinds of crap for his PS3 (or a PS3 for that matter), car mods, electronics, etc.

Since I'm not married to someone like AKLGT, I just told my wife that my modding is cheaper than me getting a girlfriend;)

Been working for 28 years and a whole bunch of cars:cool:!

that is quite true. and really, you could have worse hobbies or interests. At least you're not out gambling your life's savings away or cheating.

The iPhone was launched on my birthday. Pshah! Everyone knows it's like the second coming of Jesus Christ. I say "like", because the only other thing that comes close to that is the second coming of Steve Jobs at Apple.

I am a car and electronics geek for sure. I get the geekiness from my father (who used to race cars back in the day- maybe that's where I get my need for speed?).

I work in IT at a major ins co. and part of the people I sometimes support, it's the estimatics team. They've got women on their crew and kick ass at what they do. From personal experience, almost in every single situation that a woman is good with cars/likes cars is because dad was a gearhead and they've spent time together. I personally think more dads should do the same because any woman that's outside the stereotype kicks ass.

Just apply the following quote from "Shrek The Third" to any future mods if your wife asks if it was expensive

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=52mIAk5ZPQY&feature=related]YouTube - PinoChio[/ame]

I think we need a new thread...who has to hid shit from their wife and who has stones.

When the package arrives, she's usually the one to sign for it and open it to make sure it's what it's supposed to be, so no sense trying to hide it or send it someplace else. She knows every square inch of the house and her mad cataloging skillz keeps track of where everything is so if I try to put something anywhere, she picks right up on it. Stone...meh... I'm talking boulders dood. ;)

SBT

I used to hide all the electronics at the office.... it really sucked explaining what everything was and when/how much I got it when I left my old Co last year. :(:lol:

Why lie. She/he can't stay mad forever and it's much worse if you get caught later. The few things I've neglected to tell my wife have always come back and bit me in the ass.

Fortunately for me my wife would rather see me spend money on an AP than jewelry but the LGT is her car so it would be "for her" anyway.;)

im sure ive seen it on here b4 but ill say it one more time. Its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission..

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

Archived