LegacyGT.com

What Unsafe things have you done to the LGT

Here's my list:

1) Loaded a new "aggressive" tuned map and went to the track on it before any logs taken.

2) Torque launched at 2750 to 3200 RPM over 30 times so far including multiple launches in a row some no more than 3 minutes apart.

3) Mixed tranny fluid in attempt to change the fluid. Added 4 quarts of off brand to the factory fluid...Curently trying to correct this one by recently starting gradually switching over to royal Purple 4 quarts at a time. I guess I have a mix of threee types in there now.

4) Did a TMIC switch without torque wrench, stripped threads on the factory turbo, replaced factory bolt with a bolt and nut I had around the garage. No issues for 15,000 miles so far.

There are probably more but I cant think of them right now. So far I have gotten away with all of it. And yes I do know better than to do these things. I just get too impatient some times.

So what have you guys done to your LGT.

There go my chances of ever selling her on this forum.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my list:

1) Accidental fill up with 87 octane (my wife)

2) Hit a curb, minor curb rash on one wheel

3) Drove it like I stold it the day I bought it.

4) Used a AEM intake while running stage 2 without a tune, finally got a etune after 300 miles.

5) About 10 4k launches so far.

She runs great though, I think she likes it when i beat on her. I do wash her alot and keep her nice and pretty looking all the time.

1.) let females drive it. mom put curb rash on all my rims, girlfriend tried to take it down a steep drive way - bottomed out.

2.) CAI w/o a tune for a while

3.) lots of hard launches while stock

4.) mismatched tires from axle to axle, same size on sidewall and both were near new but, different styles (KDW and TA) - broke the rear diff

5.) 40K mi and still have not checked my turbo banjo bolts (I'll take it to the dealership next oil change:redface:)

Blew the head gaskets, then drove for a few days with the needle passed H till I figured out if I kept it under 3krpm I was fine.

Let my dad drive it to get it smoged. Ended up with a hole in my rim...

Got the car not knowing there would be a problem with the head gaskets.

Took it on a road rally where I spun it, rear spat died, and bumper has hole in it. Spun because my navigator told me to pass our friends in another car on a curve going 60 in the rain. Never doing that again...

Took it to the dealership for service.

:whore:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

From some of the stories I've read here this is about the most dangerous thing anyone could do!

Edit: Thought of another one. Drove over the mountains locally when it was snowing with my summer tires on. :eek:

Wife parks up front at Walmart. No dents :)

All time stupid was driving in raging 2"+/hour snow event with high winds so visibility was nill with 40k RE92's in 3"-6" of loose snow and snow banks over hood of LGT. Even with real winter tires on a bad day to drive.

I try to take care of my car.

Although,

I have brake torque launched it once at 3000 RPMS. IPT told me the high stall torque converter would safely allow up to 3500 RPMs. - just considered unsafe in the real world I suppose.

I have taken 25 mph entrance & exit ramps going around 60 + 10 mph sometimes for fun. Not the safest thing to do if you are stock btw.

Thats really about it, I baby her for the most part. (Gets better gas mileage that way) AND keeps me out of trouble with the law.

Had unprotected sex in the back seat with my ex-GF :mad:

There's room back there for that?? :)

Oh and unsafe things...nothing crazy, just the typical flying around turns at unsafe speeds....and the occasional cutting off someone because I can fly in front of them and hit the tiny space between them and the car in front of them.

Archived