LegacyGT.com

Subaru Sales Jump Up 22% For April

Beanboy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SOA is investing huge amounts of R&D in new models and getting in return tiny increases in sales volume (the Tribeca is a text book case of how to lose lots of money). They can declare victory all that they want but that doesn't change the actual results.

Tribeca is the exception. The automotive climate right now is horrendous. For Subaru to increase market share and sales in such a time is an accomplishment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In a model lineup that includes 4 cars, 1 "exception" is material. Subaru recently introduced 2 new models (out of their 4, wich is 50% for those keeping track) and their sales have barely edged up. If that is success I wouldn't want to see failure.

Then don't go to the other thread about how Toyota is slowly assimiliating Subaru....

Here are the japanese specs of the 2.5i, 2.0GT and 2.0R Legacy (Automatic transmission)

2.0R

Power: 140PS

Torque: 186Nm

Economy: 14.0KM/L

2.5i

Power: 177PS

Torque: 229Nm

Economy:13.0KM/L

2.0GT

Power: 260PS

Torque: 243Nm

Economy: 13.0KM/L

The choice here is obvious if you have enough money to purchase the GT. The 2.0R gives you only an additional 1KM/L at the loss of 120 horse power. When cruising on the highway with the GT, your are only running at <2000 RPM with your turbo off which basically turns your car into a 2.0R. The only reason to get a 2.0R is that it only cost 2/3 of a GT. Fuel economy has nothing to do with it.

The 2.5i is just something in between the 2.0R and 2.0GT but its price is so close to the GT that you really should just save up a little extra and grab the GT. I guess that is the reason why they have only introduced the 2.5i into Japan this year. It was never really needed.

In a model lineup that includes 4 cars, 1 "exception" is material. Subaru recently introduced 2 new models (out of their 4, wich is 50% for those keeping track) and their sales have barely edged up. If that is success I wouldn't want to see failure.

do you see this? http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/01/by-the-numbers-april-2008/

That's a crap load of declines. up is up when the market looks like this. Audi has new product. BMW had new product, Buick has new product, Cadillac has new product, Chevrolet has new product, Chrysler has new product, Dodge has new product, GMC has new product, Infiniti has new product, Mercedes has new product, Mitsubishi has new product, Pontiac has new product, Saab has new product, Saturn has new product, Toyota has new product... you should maybe be a referee.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, Subaru sales are great! World domination is just around the corner.

:lol:

Business isn't graded on a curve ;)

I think you fail to see the bigger picture. The industry is awful this year, and very few automakers have weathered the storm thus far. Subaru has done it 4 months in a row, including a record month in retail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm glad to see the SUV market evaporate which is the portion of most automaker's segment to get hit the hardest. At this rate I don't think we will be seeing a next gen Tribeca. With more people buying smaller cars, we might see some more variety in the economy-middle segments. Enough interest to justify a 2.0 Legacy alongside the 2.5 as they have in the UK and Japan.

I'm glad to see the SUV market evaporate which is the portion of most automaker's segment to get hit the hardest. At this rate I don't think we will be seeing a next gen Tribeca. With more people buying smaller cars, we might see some more variety in the economy-middle segments. Enough interest to justify a 2.0 Legacy alongside the 2.5 as they have in the UK and Japan.

Not that you can just wave a magic wand and do it, but a Tribeca with hybrid synergy drive. Come on.

Anyways back on topic kinda:

I wish Subaru would start following the trend of other automakers by offering more gears standard even in base models. Even Hyundai will be ahead of Subaru.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/05/hyundai-aiming-to-lose-weight-increase-efficiency-by-2015/

"Within the next two years, Hyundai plans to equip all of its V6-powered vehicles with six-speed gearboxes, while smaller models, with four-cylinder mills, will be upgraded to five-speed transmissions."

Like I've been saying the 5EAT should be mated to a N/A and geared for fuel economy (i.e. nice highway cruising gears) while the Turbos and H6s are upgraded to 6EATs.

All I hear from Subaru is how its moving toward a sportier Legacy (ie the S402) or diesels with nothing new for the (Dated) bread and butter models that they actually sell mostly.

It may also be because not many people are impressed by the new 5 door look of the STI (Sorry AKLGT).

where'd that come from? by all accounts 2.5i and STI sales are up... it's wrx that's down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

where'd that come from? by all accounts 2.5i and STI sales are up... it's wrx that's down.

For some reason the hive mind of this forum thinks the new STI and Impreza look horrible, therefore the world agrees

The hive mind is wrong

The new Impreza, and STI are very popular cars. The STI is not a bad looking car by any stretch. A 16% jump is nothing to be scoffed at

For some reason the hive mind of this forum thinks the new STI and Impreza look horrible, therefore the world agrees

The hive mind is wrong

The new Impreza, and STI are very popular cars. The STI is not a bad looking car by any stretch. A 16% jump is nothing to be scoffed at

:whore:

Sorry, not wrong.

I don't give a flying rubber bat what other people think, the Impreza, including the WRX STI is ugly.

The front end, the roof line, the rear end, all of it.

Let me put it this way. I love the STI's drivetrain. I would love to own a car like that. I never will buy one while it looks like the 08 STI.

Call it what you want, but it is not "hive" thinking, and it is not incorrect, it is a matter of taste.

Some people may not have as visceral a reaction to it as I do, and some may have mellowed to it simply because it is the only thing Subaru is offering as an STI, or as a 5-door.

But that doesn't make me wrong.

Guest heightsgtltd

The hive mind is wrong

So wait, the world bases what it thinks about the Impreza models on what we say on legacygt.com?

We are powerful! :lol:

Archived