LegacyGT.com

New ZR1 Corvette rated at 638 hp - Video at 205 MPH!!!

That is retarded fast, slower traffic on the track just suddenly appears close up and is overtaken.

It looks to be Autobahn, not track. There was a truck driving (in right lane! :spin:well, it could not be the US...). The lines are white, not yellow on the left hand side, too.

It looks to be Authoban, not track. There was a truck driving (in right lane! :spin:well, it could not be the US...).

Even autobahns don't have steeply banked corners like that. That was a test track, it might surprise you to learn that GM does make heavy trucks and they also get tested on a controlled track.

Soon as this hits, all the GT-R fans will crank up "wait until the Spec V" comments, hehe

GT-R fan here and personally I don't think even Spec V can take on ZR1 in the straight line. On the Ring it probably has a shot but not at the drag strip.

Soon as this hits, all the GT-R fans will crank up "wait until the Spec V" comments, hehe

Ummm.... isn't the ZR1 more of a GT while the Z06 is still the track model of the Corvette lineup?

The Spec V GT-R will be Nissan's version of the Z06.

That being said.... I believe the standard GT-R will still be faster around a proper circuit then a ZR1. If you want to drag race or do top speed runs in a straight line then the ZR1 will probably be the better choice.

Wow! Old tech FTW! I'm lovin it... too bad I can't afford it.

Why in the hell is there a semi and a sedan on the test track during a seemingly top speed run?

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I thought that the ZR1 was just a Uber-Z06. with an even higher output engine, due to the supercharger and other improvements.

CF bodywork, etc... but I didn't get the impression that the ZR1 was any more luxurious, or less focused than the Z06.

I'd still buy a Porsche, Audi R8, or and Aston Martin, even if they are slower. They are still faster than I can handle, and above that point, more is either moot, or dangerous. Plus the european cars are way sexier than either the Corvette or the ugly-and-heavy-but-fast GT-R. (previous GT-Rs were never that ugly, R33s were even pretty good lookin'.)

I thought that the ZR1 was just a Uber-Z06. with an even higher output engine, due to the supercharger and other improvements.

CF bodywork, etc... but I didn't get the impression that the ZR1 was any more luxurious, or less focused than the Z06.

I'd still buy a Porsche, Audi R8, or and Aston Martin, even if they are slower. They are still faster than I can handle, and above that point, more is either moot, or dangerous. Plus the european cars are way sexier than either the Corvette or the ugly-and-heavy-but-fast GT-R. (previous GT-Rs were never that ugly, R33s were even pretty good lookin'.)

I'm just going off rumours floating around the net about the ZR1 being more of a GT then a track burner.

However, the ZR1 has gained at least a couple hundred pounds over the Z06 and GM was said to be making it more daily driver friendly when compared to the Z06. The suspension design hasn't changed. Therefore, I assume it will still have traction problems that are only compounded by the increase of power and nature of the supercharger.

I guess we'll wait and see when reviews start to pop up.

Archived