LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

Tinting the sunroof is great in summer! We did ours. It adds UV protection - no sunburn. It also takes the beating sun and glare down. Definitely recommended.

When I bought my XT, i really wanted a limited Atlantic Blue / grey opal with black leather. but i couldnt afford a brand new one, and they didnt have any 06s in that color at the time. The dealer made me a deal on a demo XT limited White / Grey with black leather that only had 10k miles on it. I was happy. The white i think looks good especially now that i have 20% tint all around. I was kinda 50/50 with doing the sunroof, but decided not to. I paid 250 for my tint. I didnt think anyone would tint the sunroof.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tinting the sunroof is great in summer! We did ours. It adds UV protection - no sunburn. It also takes the beating sun and glare down. Definitely recommended.
I have never tried driving with the sunroof closed and the sunshade completely opened. :icon_conf If this solves the creaking sunshade noise which I've had from day one, i will start doing it.

What?! We love the open air look - great at night for passengers to see the stars or the snow fly by like warp speed in space. Great during the day for that open air "feel" without the wind noise and issues...unless we want that too and then we opener up!

Without the tint it was a bit bright at sometimes.

The shade only is closed on HARD stops. (wish I had your brakes...it would be closed more often :icon_mrgr )

I have never tried driving with the sunroof closed and the sunshade completely opened. :icon_conf If this solves the creaking sunshade noise which I've had from day one, i will start doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Drewster, you never brought your sunroof (and car) in for a sunroof fix at the dealer?

I have brought mine in to many times, but at least they can do something about it. I have a new creak in a different spot now, but at least it is covered by warranty.

Hey, new here, I own a Outback XT. I love it now, but a mysterious engine light almost caused me to light fire to it. Seems to be solved, but required new piston rings. Anyone else had any problems? I'm convinced I'm the only one in the world.

What?! Do tell more.

Where are you located? Update your profile and find local friends.

Hey, new here, I own a Outback XT. I love it now, but a mysterious engine light almost caused me to light fire to it. Seems to be solved, but required new piston rings. Anyone else had any problems? I'm convinced I'm the only one in the world.

What?! Do tell more.

Where are you located? Update your profile and find local friends.

Let's see, where should I start? Bought my '05 XT in October of '04. It came equipped with the short-throw shifter, subwoofer, but otherwise nothing fancy. I drive for work, so I put pretty good miles on a car. In May '05, (25,000 miles), the engine light came on. Took it to the morons at the local dealer, told me it had a misfire code. I spent the next year dealing with it, I even involved Subaru NA. They replaced several ignition coils, plugs three times, both heads, still didn't solve the problem. As the last straw, they tore down the engine. They found bad rings on the right side pistons. Replaced the rings and so far I've driven it around 10k miles w/out issue (just knocked on wood). It was a very aggravating experience. Hopefully everything will be allright. I love driving the car. I live in SC and pop-up thunderstorms happen all the time while I'm driving, but I don't worry with awd.

mtbsnake... man, that sucks. I have never heard of someone with the problem you had. Lets hope it was a bad installation at the factory and now they are done correctly.

sframs: Your not the only one. Several folks including myself have had the whole sunroof, tray and other parts replaced several times. ;)

Its not as bad as owning a ford, but getting closer, one part at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the game, but as a lurker who has been slowly dealing with nagging issues in my bought-new car, it can be noted that I own a 2005 Outback 2.5i Limited.

Outside of pervasive front end rumbling/vibration since it shipped, two wheel bearings going early and my dislike of some Service folks at the local dealer, I actually enjoy the car. Our 2004 Forester has been comparatively bulletproof in terms of ship quality, but the Outback has held more of a size and feel that I was hoping to gain . . . for what seemed like a reasonable price.

Oh, after having an Audi A4 and other reasonable performing cars for years, I decided not to go with the XT. Still, this does well enough in all driving situations - good weather and bad - without feeling like I've boringly compromised for mpg. The "Sport" mode (manual shifting and automatic change in shift priorities) is something I use often and appreciate.

- wader

so if they did a compression test the would have found it sooner?

Let's see, where should I start? Bought my '05 XT in October of '04. It came equipped with the short-throw shifter, subwoofer, but otherwise nothing fancy. I drive for work, so I put pretty good miles on a car. In May '05, (25,000 miles), the engine light came on. Took it to the morons at the local dealer, told me it had a misfire code. I spent the next year dealing with it, I even involved Subaru NA. They replaced several ignition coils, plugs three times, both heads, still didn't solve the problem. As the last straw, they tore down the engine. They found bad rings on the right side pistons. Replaced the rings and so far I've driven it around 10k miles w/out issue (just knocked on wood). It was a very aggravating experience. Hopefully everything will be allright. I love driving the car. I live in SC and pop-up thunderstorms happen all the time while I'm driving, but I don't worry with awd.

Right you are. They did do a compression test, FINALLY! Unfortunately, the dealer wasted almost a year of my time before the factory rep and a new guy at the dealer stepped up. I think alot of my angst came from the fact that the dealer was a Jeep/Chrysler and didn't know or care about what they were doing. With the amount of warranty work they did, they probably could have put a new engine in.

I did end up with new coils, plugs, a cylinder head, computer chip, rings, timing chain and pulley. I'm still not 100% confident, but I've driven it another 14k miles with no issues.

2.5i Ltd 5MT, Willow Green/Moss Green

Had for 2 months now, needs lower profile tires, to not roll so much on the on/off ramps (let go of my '04 Silver STI a month ago now). Took it camping, where I never could have taken the STI. Some minor squeaks and rattles of the roof liner, after experiencing the back forest dirt roads of Maine (weren't there prior). But, in the big picture that's little stuff, this another transition to accompany the divorce that began right before I bought it and facing unemployment as the startup I work for seems about to crater!! Anyway, I've been running the miles up at a whole different pace now than previously... 4500 already!

• 2 weeks later...

2007 Diamond Grey Metallic XT with MT/STS.

Love the performance even during the break in period and keeping below 4K rpm. Still, love to read about some of the great engine mods on many of the Legacy GTs, doubt if I will do anything for the next 3 yrs/36000 mile.

• 3 weeks later...