LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 06' OB sedan, it's my brothers, but he just bought a Tacoma and is figureing out wether to give the car to my 17 year old brother or just let me have it. but a 17 year olds first car is a 28K Outback, what a lucky little bastard. :)

• 2 weeks later...

welcome - interesting to hear that the 07 is that much different.

2005 Outback XT Ltd Obsidian Black - Love this car and really enjoy it.

Recently went for test drive Outback XT 07 and even with all additional bells and whistles.. what a difference in driving. I love my 05 even more!!!

welcome - interesting to hear that the 07 is that much different.

yeah, I was surprized as well and kind of disappointed too :icon_conf

I came to test drive hoping to confirm my wish to trade to 07 from 05, but left totally disappointed because of the car performance. Had high expectations for the SI-drive, but found it to be just extra step to get the same performance I'm getting from my 05 Outback. I don't know, may be the test car was the bad apple and it definitely not broken in yet, but SI-aggressive mode is not even close to 05 Sport mode and slightly faster then regular Drive mode on 05. SI-Sport mode seems to be slower then Drive mode on 05. It really strange, I remember my first test drive of 05 and remember that feeling when I was pushed back into the seat after I pressed accelerator and how responsive car was. 07 wasn't even close to that at all. Plus I didn't like new design of the HeadUnit (CD/AC), they completely changed Speedometer and Rev's gauges - doesn't look as nice as on 05, plus idea to put all info (Fuel, Temperature and so on) on LCD display inside Rev's gauge - lets say I'm not a big fond of it...

And the final nail was - that Obsidian black exterion is no longer available with taupe leather - that was it.... :)

Yes, this car has those features which I would like to have in 05, like MP3 capability, AUX port and may be VDC - but all those performance/design issues completely changed my intention.

Again, this is only my opinion and I don't want to scare anybody else from buying Outback 07, it still a great car, but for me it's not as great as 05 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yah, there are alot of twisted options that affect the overall packages..... such as w/nav you can not have the subwoofer or the manual trans... Nevertheless I had to go to the dealer and special order the car, and talk though the actual packages and options..... like getting the block heater, and sence I live in the desert, the dealer was lost.

The XM and NAV antenna is a moster block in the front window, top passanger side, which if they told me might have turned me off.... but yah I know what your talking about the online sites.

04 Outback 2.5i Silver. Great Outback representation on this site.

Funny thing, a few pages back, someone asked about the new "monotone" models. We have always had monotones here in Australia, and earlier this year they ran a limited edition "duotone" model. So while you seem to have been running duotones for some time, with the recent addition of monotones, we we're the other way around. And yes, the water does do down the drain the other way down here.

Yeah we get the dual exhaust tips neatly integrated into the rear bumber - they look great. One of the things I really like about Subarus - except the gutless 2.0 liberty (legacy) we get here that only has one exhaust.

As for the roof rails - I hadn't really noticed, but yeah, you guys seem to have more "tacked on" looking roof rails, whilst ours are a bit cleaner - integrated into the gutter.

Don't be too disheartened, we don't get a turbo Outback. I've often thought which would be easier - taking a GT liberty and putting the Outback fenders and cladding on it, or getting an Outback, and trying to make it go as fast as a turbo.

I hope to take some good photos of my car, probably after the stereo install - which will hapen as soon as the avo dash console turns up - and you guys can play spot-the-difference!

Please post in this thread only if you have an Outback (2.5i, XT, whatever). I'd like to see what the number of OB's is in relation to the number of Legacys.

Thanks- Jim

Oh, BTW, I have one :D

07 Newport Blue Outback 2.5i Limited. Just had it delivered yesterday. X-mas present to my girlfriend. :icon_cool