LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today, my sister wanted to test drive my 2006 OBXT. Se currently drives a Ford Escape and may want an Subi. On road way north of Denver while driving slowly and carefully, I had her punch it... she almost lost her grip on the wheel and sank in her seat. She screamed for several minutes. She wants one now...

We have an 03 H6 Anniversary Edition (no leather or moon roof), green. Leased to Feb 07. Other car: 02 XLE Camry V6 (how mundane, I know, but I got it when it had only been out a couple of weeks, so I did have another couple of weeks of feeling exclusive). Thinking about the GT, but I still am not clear on the VTD v VC thing... Did get snow tires (Pirellis) for winter, since we live in the snow belt and my wife drives 120 miles a day through it (Hamilton -> London -> Hamilton).

I am new to the board and a new 12/24/05 OB 2.5i wagon owner. I was cross referencing this site from subaruoutback.org, for jazzymt's ipod aux input circuit board install. I got it in and it works great by the way.

Rick

I am new to the board and a new 12/24/05 OB 2.5i wagon owner. I was cross referencing this site from subaruoutback.org, for jazzymt's ipod aux input circuit board install. I got it in and it works great by the way.

Rick

Welcome to the board. My wife has an OB 2.5i, and I'm surprised how nice it is to drive.

Welcome to the board. My wife has an OB 2.5i, and I'm surprised how nice it is to drive.

Oh yeah, I agree. Although I have the XT, but I did drive the 2.5i first. I compared that with many others, including Outlander, Equinox, Escape, Matrix, and so on... I finally decided on the OB... As for getting XT at the end, that's another story... :)

Oh yeah, I agree. Although I have the XT, but I did drive the 2.5i first. I compared that with many others, including Outlander, Equinox, Escape, Matrix, and so on... I finally decided on the OB... As for getting XT at the end, that's another story... :)

At first I had my wife test drive a RBP LGT wagon that was on clearance, but no Legacies, GT or otherwise, came equipped exactly how she wanted (power seats, cloth, seat heaters), so we started looking at Outbacks. Right at the end, I mentioned that the dealer had an '05 XT demo for only about $1,000 more than we were paying for the '06 2.5i, but she didn't bite.:( Unfortunately, it was in October, when gas was ~$3.50 for premium. She didn't want the worse fuel economy and premium requirement of the XT (she also wasn't real keen on the color of the demo XT).

I was initially pushing her to get a Legacy wagon, because I thought there would be a handling penalty with the OB. As it turns out, the OB seems very well balanced, looks nice, and is actually pretty fun to drive.

At first I had my wife test drive a RBP LGT wagon that was on clearance, but no Legacies, GT or otherwise, came equipped exactly how she wanted (power seats, cloth, seat heaters), so we started looking at Outbacks. Right at the end, I mentioned that the dealer had an '05 XT demo for only about $1,000 more than we were paying for the '06 2.5i, but she didn't bite.:( Unfortunately, it was in October, when gas was ~$3.50 for premium. She didn't want the worse fuel economy and premium requirement of the XT (she also wasn't real keen on the color of the demo XT).

I was initially pushing her to get a Legacy wagon, because I thought there would be a handling penalty with the OB. As it turns out, the OB seems very well balanced, looks nice, and is actually pretty fun to drive.

I drove a legency before as well when deciding which one to get, since the legency base is about 2 to 3 G cheaper than the Outback. But I like the ride, suspension and the options of the Outback better.

Yeah, as I ended up with the XT, was in the similar situation with your experience. It was a manager's demo, ended up paying around 2g more than the OB base model for it. :)